Trine 2

I'm surprised noone has made a thread for this. Amazing game. Graphics can be breathtaking at times.

And while playing it, I just recently ran across (noticed) an ingame homage to Dungeon Master.

At one of the checkpoints in Searock Castle, there's this diagram with runes and stuff on the wall. It has Ful (fire) + Ir (wings/air)...which in Dungeon Master was the rune combo for Fireball. :) Fantastic.

Now I might have to replay the entire game after I finish it just to see if there's other things like that in there.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, looking forward to playing it this Christmas. Have been avoiding any info on it, as I had an amazing experience playing the first one without knowing anything about it.

I'm currently going through the game for a second time. I love it even when sometimes it's frustratingly difficult. The only bad side is that it ends, and I want just more. :p

What a true little gem!

One of the things I really love about the game is that while it's basically a 2D puzzle platformer rendered in 3D, it's not frantic. So you can take the time to just admire the beautiful artwork and designs in the game. Some of the scenes I just left running to admire like a "screen saver" while I did chores around my place. :D

Regards,
SB

That is true (not frantic) except the last level (if it is what I remember with the lava and so forth). Really was a fun game though. Could 3rd parties make maps for it? Was there any if so? It seems like it would be really easy to do (if not to make them lovely to look at).

This game is insanely beautiful, on consoles as well, but now I'm playing it on PC and it looks even better of course, but ... has anyone tried it on a 3D display? I was playing it now and even in 1280x720, and my display is a passive 27" LG, so the resolution is decreased even further, but wow, in 3D it looks insanely beautiful, much more impressive than the 1620x1050 I was just testing it on (though that still looks beautiful).

Really, when they were making this game they definitely tested it with a 3D display, it's just ridiculously gorgeous. I'll very likely buy this game on PC again (have the full game on Playstation Plus) and finish it there, just for the looks.

Back