Site and forum slow

Thank god Rhys fixed the website at quicker that his usual speed for getting things accomplished
9 months now ;)

Be careful, if you pressure him too much he'll snap and just start spewing a stream of random emoticons, along with cries of "I DON'T KNOW".

I was wondering about that myself, did the article author mean a push lawnmower, or a power lawnmower? Faaaaairly large difference between the two.

Also, what evolutionary contortions has the Glis Glis gone through to find it beneficial to imitate lawnmowers in the first place? :D

More like I can't find a source of info on it on the net I find reliable, and it's a technical curiosity.

That and I asked about it back in 2010.

I'm not sure if it just my connection but I think that the forum has been kinda slow for the past few days. Navigating between the threads and forums is taking ~3 seconds every time.

I'm not sure if it just my connection but I think that the forum has been kinda slow for the past few days. Navigating between the threads and forums is taking ~3 seconds every time.

Same here and I'm on a 240Mbps connection..

Sorry for being pain in the neck but I think the forum slowed down again. It was great for couple of days but now it's quite sluggish.

Yeah, looks like there's now a repeatable issue bring triggered, where malicious requests from a set of hosts are being repeatedly issued against the forum software causing it to chew up database resources.

I'll spend some time tonight working on mitigating that. Bear with me.

It's not that simple, since the IPs change reasonably frequently. I have a solution though and I should be able to fix.

Ah, I see. However, blocking the entire chinese, and/or russian IP range would perhaps work, though...? :devilish:

Anyway, forum feels snappier, so whatever you did seems to be working! Thanks.

I'd be happy to ship you my cat, assuming there are squirrels in the tubes again. That's one squirrel killin machine.

P.S. when you send her back, make sure to include plenty of packing peanuts. She loves those things.

P.P.S. also could you please check and make sure she's a girl? I don't really know how to tell with cats.

I'd be happy to ship you my cat, assuming there are squirrels in the tubes again. That's one squirrel killin machine.

P.S. when you send her back, make sure to include plenty of packing peanuts. She loves those things.

P.P.S. also could you please check and make sure she's a girl? I don't really know how to tell with cats.

:smile:

Debi: So, is there a Mrs. Mysterio?
Martin Q. Blank: No, but I do have a very nice cat?
Debi: Not the same.
Martin Q. Blank: Well, you don't know my cat, it's very demanding.
Debi: It? You don't know if it's a boy or girl?
Martin Q. Blank: I respect its privacy.

Back