Last of Us [PS4]

Just played through first hour, and I'm hooked again. 60fps rendering and IQ are amazing. PhotoMode is very addicting.

aacbww.jpg

bakycz.jpg

xulosc.jpg

My pics from Prologue chapter:
thelastofusremasteredxic4j.jpg

vgyxbz.jpg

ospnps.jpg

In terms of last year it won loads of GotY awards.

I think it's just damn impressive if the remastered edition is still on-par with what's currently available on PS4. Proofs again that they managed to make a "next-gen" game on PS3 given they had to live with 7-years old hardware. Also shows it's not just about hardware, but also about clever ways to render stuff (= software).

Would even be better if they had managed to make the jump to UC4 demo IQ (whatever that is), but given how tightly coupled TLoU was to PS3 peculiar hardware, it's still impressive they managed to port all of that to the PS4.

Ahm...I wouldnt say its up on par with next gen games, but still it has the right elements and the quality art to make it stand beautifully against them.
Technically it doesnt have the bells and whistles of a next gen game. I believe the art does more work in helping it remain relevant in the current gen.
It also has a kind of polish that many of the best looking current gen games lack. Its those little details that make the world appear livelier and organic.

Putting side by side photomode images of TLOU and Second Son the difference is often massive in terms of quality

You mean the best of next gen games? Most next gens games are not terribly impressive (yet). Compared to Thief, COD, Wolfenstein, etc. this is on par easily.

Yeah. We should look at TLOU Remaster as "crossgen game", which is obvious from regular presence of low world geometry and texture work that is not everywhere as good as it can be.

Bah! I had forgotten it released in the US today. Three more days for the UK. Not that I have time to play it before the weekend anyway but I want it!!!

You have a PlayStation 4 but not an umbrella? I'm not sure whether to be impressed or not ;)

I had to travel by bike. But it's in my possession now :cool:
42 Euro's was the price I payed.
there is a voucher code attached outside of the game-box; probably some BS multiplayer XP shit :p But anyway, time to insert the game :)

I had to travel by bike. But it's in my possession now :cool:
42 Euro's was the price I payed.
there is a voucher code attached outside of the game-box; probably some BS multiplayer XP shit :p But anyway, time to insert the game :)
Awesome! Enjoy!!! :D

WOW OK I WAS WRONG O_O They are using cutscene quality models...they look far improved. I wish someone would zoom up to a wall or something and show the models in game though...the photomode ones are all i've seen

Ahm...I wouldnt say its up on par with next gen games, but still it has the right elements and the quality art to make it stand beautifully against them.
Technically it doesnt have the bells and whistles of a next gen game. I believe the art does more work in helping it remain relevant in the current gen.
It also has a kind of polish that many of the best looking current gen games lack. Its those little details that make the world appear livelier and organic.

Putting side by side photomode images of TLOU and Second Son the difference is often massive in terms of quality

Massive like a 100% difference? Because Second Son should look at least twice better than TLOU.

They are already selling it in the Netherlands, I will get it tonight if it stops raining :p

Mij pre-order allowed me to download the game in advance. First time this went quite fast for me, 6MB/s is probably a record. The game icon has a timer on it showing that it will unlock in three more hours, quite amusing.

Back