Last of Us [PS4]

Last of Us trailer was STUNNING, Naughty Gods are sending PS3 into retirement with a style.

Incredible detail
joelsku3b.jpg

Great Lightning
ellie2p8umz.jpg

Very detailed fingers
elliefingero1umm.jpg

GIBS + procedural interaction with environment [ellie's hand]
i5oevBJarANa2.gif

Open environments
ik257gNTUnQGW.gif

Emotions!
a0fiko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, absolutely stunning. But I will go media blackout now...Naughty Dog are unfortunately known to be too chatty about there games and showing way to much before release. I have the feeling that I already saw to much...so, see you guys in May :)

Silent_Buddha said:
Not exactly the same. There are some quite distinct physical sensations as well as chemical changes in the body during sex. Release of endorphins, nerve centers being stimulated, etc.

Whether you watch something like Uncharted or play it, the experience is roughly the same. You're still experiencing it mostly visually either way. With playing you might have some minor muscle movements with the controller and if the enemy AI or puzzles in the game are particularly good, you may have some mental stimulation which you wouldn't get from watching a video.

I've taken to doing the same thing for games that feature lots of QTE's (like GoW), for example. Saves me the frustration of dealing with a gameplay mechanic I don't enjoy, and at the same time I get to experience a storyline that may or may not be enjoyable without having to spend the money on it.

Regards,
SB

Sorry but I disagree. First of all this is not a QTE game like Azuras Wrath. If watching is the same as playing for Uncharted the same applies for every game of the same genre. I want to experience the gameplay of Uncharted when I see it played.
The fact that watching it, can still be defined as another way of experiencing the game is a testament of its amazing presentation as well as its gameplay that almost no game if any, manages to provide in such a flow and engaging gameplay that everything blends naturally.
If you are the kind of guy that believes watching it in youtube is the same as playing then you were never honestly interested about playing it. Because for me and many others the series is one of the most amazing and memorable gaming experiences this generation.
Nobody enjoys watching it from youtube, but its one of those brilliantly crafted games that when 2 people are in the same room while the one is playing and the other is watching both feel engaged and involved.
I dont get this with other games. Gears which is similar in some ways bored my sister to death. Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy games which are games that my sister love for their story bore her to death during gameplay and waits for me to call her when the next cut scene.begins or when an important boss fight appears. The same counts for every other game. But Uncharted felt like she was experiencing the game with me while playing and no internet video of Uncharted could replicate that

Well, I think as well that this is a rather big compliment for the devs and shows how far video games have come with respect to presentation.

People not interested in actually playing the game, who are still amazed by the presentation that they youtube the whole game...several hours!?! Never heard about this before, but I think that it is amazing as it opens this media form also for people not that much into gaming.

And I always wondered why BioWare included a story only mode for their Mass Effect games...

As mind blowing as the graphics are, I'm more intrigued about the story and what eventually happens to the characters in the end. This is the first time I've ever cared so much about a story in a video game.

People not interested in actually playing the game, who are still amazed by the presentation that they youtube the whole game...several hours!?! Never heard about this before, but I think that it is amazing as it opens this media form also for people not that much into gaming.

I recently looked at quite a lot of videos from Dark Savior, but that only made me want to play the game again. Time to bring out the Saturn and see if still works.....

I recently looked at quite a lot of videos from Dark Savior, but that only made me want to play the game again. Time to bring out the Saturn and see if still works.....

Well that is exactly my problem as well: watching games makes me instantly wanna play myself...

The game won't look like that when released, for one the shadow resolution is ridiculous and not typical of a console game and second they did the same thing with Uncharted 3...

wr249.jpg

25i5fk7.jpg

I expect the retail game to look worse..

Those Uncharted 3 screenshots are from pre-rendered cutscenes tho.
I can understand if they have to tone it down for real time gameplay, but for a cutscene? Doubt it.

The game won't look like that when released, for one the shadow resolution is ridiculous and not typical of a console game and second they did the same thing with Uncharted 3...

wr249.jpg

25i5fk7.jpg

The people going nuts over The Last of Us graphics will be disappointed as the retail version will not look that good.Yes, it will look great but not to the level that we saw in the recent trailer.

AFAIK they have "rendering farm" for their cutscenes at ND. Then again, we know what the game looks like in gameplay, awesome. There is noticable lack of AF and AA as seen in DF article, but generally it is a pinnacle of this gen visuals.

AFAIK they have "rendering farm" for their cutscenes at ND. Then again, we know what the game looks like in gameplay, awesome. There is noticable lack of AF and AA as seen in DF article, but generally it is a pinnacle of this gen visuals.

Gameplay looks fantastic but obviously cutscenes look quite a bit better.I will wait until playing the game to say if it's or isn't the pinnacle of visuals for this generation..

wr249.jpg

25i5fk7.jpg

I'm not even sure what the point is to these comparisons. A borked over saturation in a cut scene on the bus and a replacement Drake from another scene (A million to one) for an E3 build. How is that indicative of the final quality? And what does it have to do with the thread topic?

Back