- Dead Space 3 is now Resident Evil 5
- Last of Us is now what people expected off Resident Evil 6
- Resident Evil 6 is now something else entirely
- Tomb Raider is now a more serious Uncharted
- Halo 4 is now a great looking Metroid Prime
- Medal of Honor looks like Black Ops 2 which looks like Battlefield 3
- New Splinter Cell is Assassins Creed with mark and execute
- Watch Dogs and Star wars 1313 were the show stealers

Glad I wasn't the only one who found Halo 4 had a Metroid Prime vibe to it.

How about "relatively stunning"?

Seriously, this is a dumb argument. PS3 fans that don't have PCs are going to find it stunning because it looks like it'll probably be one of the best looking games on that platform and on consoles, period.

Back on topic, has their been any talk about how big the world is, or if there are any survival elements in the game? Is it a fully linear title, or is there a bit of exploration? Is there a resource gathering element? The character seemed to have a backpack, and I'm wondering if it's used for storing more than weapons.

Can we seriously just move on from these sordid comparisons and insane/extreme statements of visual fidelity? If you can't handle one's opinions on graphics, leave it be. It's going nowhere fast.

I'm glad to see that the character actually faces the direction of the enemy while taking cover rather than have his back face the direction of the enemy.

Can we seriously just move on from these sordid comparisons and insane/extreme statements of visual fidelity? If you can't handle one's opinions on graphics, leave it be. It's going nowhere fast.

I think I was kinda drawn into the "Who needs next gen" comments. So that can draw any unwanted opinions in. (It happens every gen, especially near the end) But that said... I'm impressed with what I see.

I have been told that a lot of games nowadays have the same quality of lighting/facial expressions, animations, etc.
So I would LOVE to see a game like that, could someone please PM me a title because I want to experience Last of Us NOW :D

To my unexperienced gamer eyes this footage appears to be even about certain Uncharted3 moments, which is really saying a lot.

In general, nothing come close to this except Uncharted from the same guys, which is way more stylized and has many issues with sliding animations. However, it doesn't feature the incredible penumbra simulation we see here. There's just SSAO when you're in shadows, but the game has a great lighting anyway and their filmic tonemapping is perfect.

For facial animations you may check L.A Noire, even if the face lighting & shading is rather strange. Heavy Rain have great faces too, but their animations are a bit off sometimes. Hopefully it has great environments, body animations, lighting and details, you should try it.

Loved the gameplay demo, although I would like it to be more survival-esque and less shooter. Can't wait to watch more, it just looks too damn good !

Being back home, had the chance to watch gamersydes dircet feed on my big plasma tv: wow, just wow! Always breathtaking how intense this demo is. The atmosphere is so dense..absolute brutal! And I am very happy, that the AA works much better compared to UC3!! Yes, there are some shimmering edges, but nothing disturbing...wow, easily Sony best game of the show!

Cannot wait to play this demo to see if NDs claims that no scripting was involved is true!?!

Watching the vid it didn't look like it was very "scripted" unless you count QTEs as scripting. All of the dialog seemed to be event driven. I mean, there's obviously normal scripting, like default walking routes for enemies, and maybe inter-enemy dialog. The combat did not look scripted to me.

Watching the vid it didn't look like it was very "scripted" unless you count QTEs as scripting. All of the dialog seemed to be event driven. I mean, there's obviously normal scripting, like default walking routes for enemies, and maybe inter-enemy dialog. The combat did not look scripted to me.

The first shot that was fired was scriped to miss I think, because it looked like his aim was correct.
Though maybe, this means that the aiming is always a bit off. Come to think of it; that would make it more realistic / hectic !:cool:

Amazing to watch: walkthrough of the demo!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-last-of/731335?

Also some short notice of the new lighting tech and the reason they introduced it: well it is simple...no electricity, not direct light sources, only ambient light...well, looks phantastic!

Best of all: he says, that it is not scripted, you could also choose to sneak around the enemies without a single kill at all!

He also explains how the combat works...I think they started the context sensitive brawl already in UC3 but now have funamentally extended it!

Amazing ND!

Back