Minecraft to be released on consoles.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
To be honest, this game never appealed to me, although it certainly aroused my curiosity because of it's success. I thought it was just about building things in a gigantic map, and that was it.

I watched a couple of Youtube videos, one of them featuring a guy who explained how he built that world and how it worked and I liked it.

But the actual turning point was watching this video the other day. where they recreated Super Mario Land for the mythical Gameboy, pixel by pixel, :oops: and using millions of blocks.

It's so freaking obvious I will never build anything like this, because I know myself, but I fancy creating some less complex levels and stuff.

This is a bit old isn't it. IIRC this was revealed at MS' E3 conference. It was supposed to be released this year for the 360 and the PS3 next year, but I have a feeling those plans have changed and both versions will be getting the game next year.

This is a bit old isn't it. IIRC this was revealed at MS' E3 conference. It was supposed to be released this year for the 360 and the PS3 next year, but I have a feeling those plans have changed and both versions will be getting the game next year.
I never paid much attention, actually. If only I remember something about having Kinect support and all, but at first I wasn't that interested in yet another game who seeemed to be time consuming.

But it's great news. Perhaps the Kinect controls will be kinda messed. The appeal of Minecraft is also very PC-centric, with its mods and so on. Also Minecraft is to me just one of those games which might feel better for the mouse and keyboard.

I am withholding my judgment til i see it in action.

To be honest, this game never appealed to me, although it certainly aroused my curiosity because of it's success. I thought it was just about building things in a gigantic map, and that was it.

I watched a couple of Youtube videos, one of them featuring a guy who explained how he built that world and how it worked and I liked it.

But the actual turning point was watching this video the other day. where they recreated Super Mario Land for the mythical Gameboy, pixel by pixel, :oops: and using millions of blocks.

It's so freaking obvious I will never build anything like this, because I know myself, but I fancy creating some less complex levels and stuff.

Is that also interactive/playable or just Super Mario animated with blogs?

Back