Samsung Exynos 5250 - production starting in Q2 2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Can you post the source of this information?
I remember reading something about integrated memory for adreno but can't find it right now.

I actually read it on here from a respected member, ive also had a good search and cant find any ANY details about adreno uarch..unfortunately qualcomm likes to keep things close to their chest.

Would be very interesting to find out more about this if anyone has some solid info.

As a tile based IMR, Adreno would definitely have an on-die tile buffer and some caches, which would likely be SRAM and would then of course take up quite a few transistors.

I don't know that that'd be any different than with previous cores, though, nor different than that of most of their mobile competitors' designs for that matter...

According to chipworks, the 5410 is 122mm.

Be interesting to see what size this 5420 is.

AFAIK, the biggest IP difference is the graphics IP swap.

All benchmarks seem to detect only 4 cores.

Oops again?

All benchmarks seem to detect only 4 cores.

Oops again?
They didn't implement GTS yet on the shipping phones and probably won't till the end of the year. It ships with core migration as you can see in the CPUZ screenshot (Async cluster frequencies).

GTS was finalized like only 2 months ago for it to be production quality.

The 5420 runs 1.9GHz on all its cores. It also seems to have been designed with some high clocks in mind as its frequency tables are populated up till 2.4GHz on A15s and 1.6GHz on the A7's.

The Note 10.1 2014 is shipped with cluster migration. Yes you read that right, still no core migration.

The broken memory clock dividers are now fixed, max frequency is still 800MHz.

The T628 is shipping at 533MHz.

They improved their memory QoS system and the traffic shaper by quite a bit over the 5410.

Samsung is working on an undisclosed Exynos 5412, it has an ARM T6XX GPU at 533MHz.

http://m.designntrend.com/articles/...s-specs-render-design-photo-gallery-video.htm

Nebuchadnezzar, thanks for all that info. I wish the above article was less speculation but it points to a Octa in GS5 clocked at 2ghz.

The improvements you marked above are impressive. The QOS had plenty of room for improvement. The new clocks in the table are amazing. I don't think we will see a 2.4ghz stable but any range they will be at the Exynos line is ploughing through it's competition.
Even a tuned up 5410 is giving S800 competition. You weren't wrong when you said Octa is still the top chip cpu side of things.

I can only imagine what you can do with the new Exynos kernels. You have made my i9500 more than it ever could have been on stock setup, thank you.

Back