Err what?

Hmm, so the issue claimed here is that the latest Nvidia drivers patch/replace intergral parts of DX9 code in order to gain performance while taking shortcuts and losing compliance and breaking the DX9 licencing agreement?

Would it be that surprising to find Nvidia fiddling with the DX9 runtimes in order to hide the NV3x deficiences?

The hot spot is DX Team bitching at them and excluding NV from the DX10 workings, not for the cheats.

This has been discussed elsewhere, and it remains highly doubtful that this is real. I mean, "Team DX"? Come on.

Well, I highly doubt this, but I guess you could install Det50, benchmark, reinstall DX9b and bench again to see if there is a performance difference.

DaveBaumann said:
Well, I highly doubt this, but I guess you could install Det50, benchmark, reinstall DX9b and bench again to see if there is a performance difference.

Who could ? Noone from Beyond3D since we're far too smart to buy a NV3x based product... :p

DaveBaumann said:

If it were true I would think NV would have thought of this and made their modification check and update on the fly so reinstalling DX9 would have no effect.

Mummy said:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=technical&Number=25356&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

can anyone confirm this ?

EDIT: Fixed link :oops:

well i have been browsing gearbox's forums lately and i can confirm that the guy is an idiot. check out his past posts. he is the same guy that spread those halo beta2 benchmarks that made everyone think the game would run good at 1280x1024 here . he also claims to have created a hot new graphics technology "HXC" here, yet call his supposed creation "HCX" here when he makes a thread to inform us that it works in halo and will apear in upcomeing hardware. :LOL:

THe_KELRaTH said:
DaveBaumann said:

If it were true I would think NV would have thought of this and made their modification check and update on the fly so reinstalling DX9 would have no effect.
You could just look whether some DX files have changed after installing the drivers.

Xmas said:
You could just look whether some DX files have changed after installing the drivers.

Well I was rather thinking that if you wanted to hide the modification then one easy way would be when D3D is called you rename any of the original files and place as hidden files, then insert your replacement files from your encrypted drivers. When exiting D3D you switch the files back to their original state.

THe_KELRaTH said:
Xmas said:

Well I was rather thinking that if you wanted to hide the modification then one easy way would be when D3D is called you rename any of the original files and place as hidden files, then insert your replacement files from your encrypted drivers. When exiting D3D you switch the files back to their original state.
Then run some game, task switch to explorer and check ;)

btw, I agree with Ante P.

Reading this kid's ("Spectre") posts is actually kinda entertaining. He's the god of graphics technology, has all the connections, etc. - what's sad about it, though, is that most people over there seem to believe every word he says. *shudders*

Anyway, from the looks of it, this is a very very very unreliable source ;) .

Edit: Wow, he even got his very own XGI Volari Duo 3dmark03 benchmarks! :LOL:

I also heard that nVidia are going to overwrite your Windows XP installation with Windows 98SE in future drivers, and Team Windows are very unhappy about it.... :p

This info is simply unofficial, as DX doesn't want to stir up the industry more than has alredy been done.
no, I am allowed to tell you what I have written and nothing more as my release was approved by DX before I posted it
Team DX claims that NV violated their partnership agreement by changing the DX9 code with their latest set of drivers as caught by Xbit labs recently. This violates the licensing agreement
"These violations are inexcusable" said a DX employee, and I'd have to agree.
so let me get this straight- there is a company called Team DX that has a product called "DirectX" and nVidia has a licensing agreement with them which they have broken by having bad visual quality and tarnishing the reputation of the product (aka DirectX) and so now they aren't including nVidia in development for thenext DirectX? Wow, there are a lot bigger revelations here than just nVidia wont be included in development of DX10...

edit:
further proof of the guys idiocy http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/foru...Old=allposts&Main=21458&Search=true#Post21517
Here's mine- 9 inches.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TeamBS just called me, they were very upset because one particular retarded 13 year old why just upstaged them by spreading more insane bullshit than they ever did.

Needless to say he won't be invited to the next bullshitters convention held in garage of my brother in law 1999 (yeah they actually travel back in time with this cool car that they borrowed from M.J. Fox).

By the way, I just met Elvis while I was out walking my two alien pets outside Area 51.

C'mon lay it to rest. Now the "news" is up on warp2search and one of the largest gaming sites in scandinavia (fragzone.se) and a bunch of other places. This is simply retarded, the internet sucks (ok so people suck, same shit different toilet)

[This post is 100% approved by the Team DirectX Corporation]

Hey guys, in light of the discussion about Gearbox's decision to discard AA in favor of cool effects, I did some testing and found that HCX still works. HCX is my new technology that uses advanced shaders to sharpen images (especially textures) while also smoothing out jaggies. Works great with halo, but only in software mode for now...

:LOL:

I have a new feature as well. It's called shit. It comes out my rear end (or mouth in my case ;)). :LOL:

Thanks for the link Sage. Good laugh. :D

I don't know whether I should feel more sorry for the participants of those kind of forums or their owners/administrators. My eyes hurt :oops:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/foru...osts&Main=16722&Search=true#Post16722

this one is good too

Yes, I have just finished patenting Hybrid Xexen compression . And though nobody still knows what my secret is, I can tell you that it will be a decisive factor in the graphics wars. My technology is one that renders AA and AF obsolete. I cannot say which graphics vendor I'm currently associated with, but you can check out screenshots with my technology as linked below. To protect this company, I have removed the certain info form the pics, as it displays sensitive info on upcoming products. Note that when converting to .jpg, alot of quality was lost in both pics, but you can get the general idea of HXC's abilities

:LOL:

Back