Move Fitness

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
So Move Fitness is out, and I think it's pretty fantastic. It's made by the guys who did The Fight, and the game features a Move implementation that is quite a step up from what we've seen so far in many other games (closest to Sports Champions). It has quite a tonne of great 'mini-games' that are designed to keep you fit, but as mini-games are themselves already quite a lot of fun imho. I'd gladly pay full price for it personally, but at half-price and on PSN (which is useful especially if you want to keep fit with it), it is excellent.

I think that if you own a Move you owe this game to yourself, but even more so if you own two, as it supports two Move controllers all the way through (and might as well require two). Look forward to your impressions. It also features online leaderboards, telling you which of your friends you beat as you are playing as well as afterwards is a nice incentive/reward.

EDIT: I had a pretty big session again today, and loving it even more. All the great fitness/boxing stuff that was in The Fight is also in here as training exercises x 2, and with better tracking to boot. Many exercises have you physically moving side to side too.

Hmm... doesn't seem to be out in US yet.

I think they need to license a popular fitness scheme to make the title stand out. That Zumba game seems to get pretty good recognition and sales (Heard the game is not so great. XD).

Could be ... But it is really great, so make sure not to miss it when it gets out!

Thanks for the heads up! Bought this as an early christmas present for my sister. Found it really cheaply from blahdvd. 17.99£ for the game and 1.39£ for shipping(europe wide shipping). I think I snatched the last copy because friend of mine tried to order straight after me and he got "this products is no longer available" message. Hope she will like this game.

It's not that expensive on PSN either, if your brother still wants it, and having it on your hdd has obvious advantages here. ;)

I'm having a hard time not playing today, but I played it twice yesterday and my body needs to recover and get a chance to overcompensate!

It's not that expensive on PSN either, if your brother still wants it, and having it on your hdd has obvious advantages here. ;)

I'm having a hard time not playing today, but I played it twice yesterday and my body needs to recover and get a chance to overcompensate!

I didn't know you could get this game on PSN, what is the DL size? (my PS3 isn't hooked to the internet right now)

I think 3,5 not sure, will have a look after QI XL

EDIT: yep.

Found it really cheaply from blahdvd. 17.99£ for the game and 1.39£ for shipping(europe wide shipping). I think I snatched the last copy...
Play.com (19 euros+free shipping) says in-stock if thats to be believed. I ordered my copy and extra Move controller yesterday so lets see what happens on monday morning.

This game says it needs two Move controllers, but is it really mandatory. Having one move controller is unplayable?

Play.com (19 euros+free shipping) says in-stock if thats to be believed. I ordered my copy and extra Move controller yesterday so lets see what happens on monday morning.

This game says it needs two Move controllers, but is it really mandatory. Having one move controller is unplayable?

I'd say yes, you really do need two for this one, much like you do for The Fight. For all of the exercises it tracks both your hands individually.

EDIT: there is shockingly little footage of the final version. I think I'll try do a review maybe even tonight, as it needs one fast. I have better footage from Gamescom than most stuff that is out there, but I never posted it because I recorded the games designer with some confidential stuff.

You won't regret it, I'm pretty confident! :)

I'm uploading some gameplay right now to my Arwin14 account. First, longest video (25mins) should be up in about two hours or so, and then a shorter 6-7 minute one follows after that with a few more exercises that weren't on the other one. Played another hour again today. Will probably try to do so every other day, so maybe Wednesday I'll ask my wife to try to film both me and the screen at the same time for a bit.

EDIT: Probably later as internet stopped working. Hopefully back up tomorrow morning

Arwin, how's the haptic feedback for the game ? And does it drift after a round of punching ?

There's good use of vibration. The audio feedback is even greater - the sounds are very good and really enhance the feeling. Free training on the excellently animated/physiced testing dummy is very, very satisfying as a result. :D

The framerate seems to be 60fps. The only time I've experienced any drift at all was doing circle arms, and that was only one of the two times I tried, and was remedied by shortly not turning but just going up and down. Otherwise I've never experienced it in any of the exercises, and I don't think it is likely to happen in any of the other exercises, considering how they work.

Overall the tracking is pretty phenomenal. I'll ask my wife tomorrow to help me make something that shows how smooth and fast it tracks too.

First part is processing:

The second, more interesting albeit a little bit smaller filmed video should be up in two hours. Tip: if you have a failed video and need to restart, rename the file. Now mine failed at 100% for no good reason other than that the previous upload also failed and was in my list. So I renamed it and now it's chugging along fine it seems. 4GB/26mins in total, and it says it should take about 2 more hours (it's at 26% now)

There's good use of vibration. The audio feedback is even greater - the sounds are very good and really enhance the feeling. Free training on the excellently animated/physiced testing dummy is very, very satisfying as a result. :D

The framerate seems to be 60fps. The only time I've experienced any drift at all was doing circle arms, and that was only one of the two times I tried, and was remedied by shortly not turning but just going up and down. Otherwise I've never experienced it in any of the exercises, and I don't think it is likely to happen in any of the other exercises, considering how they work.

Overall the tracking is pretty phenomenal. I'll ask my wife tomorrow to help me make something that shows how smooth and fast it tracks too.

First part is processing:

I can't wait for this game to be released in the US.

And AutoLog! This game has it! It's fantastic. I'm uploading a new movie from my camera now, that I'll put on youtube right after, showing how you get real-time notifications of your friend's scores, and how you can challenge them. Awesome stuff. Uploading a new 10 minute video now, showing it off.

Man, I want to check out this game, and that Gundam one. I swear nextgen (or better yet, tomorrow !) someone put both on US PSN.

Back