Google/maps listing/advertising help

holsty101

Regular
So my neighbour is owner/operator of a mobile mechanics service and while he's got the #1 position on a Bing search he's kinda down the page on Google & not showing on Google Maps.

He was contacted a couple of days ago by a company that said they'd get him on there ... for $400 a month!

Surely there's cheaper/free way, any words of advice?

Company website

Bing - mobile mechanic seattle
Bing - mobile mechanic tacoma

Google - mobile mechanic seattle
Google - mobile mechanic tacoma

Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

There's a ton of stuff out there to help with this. One time $400 would be worth it, but a monthly contract would suck. You need to get the right meta tags and use the keywords in the text on the page. Never put keywords in graphics as they aren't scanned. Best thing for upping your rankings is to get other sites to cross link with yours - don't try to trick this by setting up cross-link farms or you'll get dumped entirely...best way is press releases with links to your page that get picked up elsewhere.

Looking briefly at the site the name, phone number and address should be in text on every page somewhere (small text). On that one the name is a graphic. Also it's only two pages...hard to hit the keywords so much in two pages...

1. Get the site registered on with Google Analytics and the Webmaster site. It will give you invaluable info on how the site is performing.

2. Create a Sitemap, there are plenty of free tools around. Register this with search engines. Fine tune the sitemap details to accurately represent each pages importance and update frequency.

3. Create a keyword meta tag for each page. Ensure the first 4 or 5 words are business specific and the next 4 or 5 are page content specific.

4. If you are fussed about Google maps create a KML file with the relevant co-ordinates etc. Register that with Google.

5. Ensure that file names, e.g. images, have descriptive, relevant, titles.

6. Don't try any black hat stuff. It's not worth it in the end. Just ask BMW ;)

If you want any more help then I'm free to do some basic stuff outside of work hours.

Thanks for the advice chaps, I understand the words you're using in isolation but I have basically no idea what you're talking about ... :oops:

/hands over geek card

So yeah, any help you wanna provide BoardBonobo will be greatly appreciated, I should prolly add, IIRC what he mentioned a few months ago, he's lost contact with the guy who did the site for him, so I'm guessing that's a bad thing...

If you don't understand any of what BoardBonobo is talking about, you probably need to pay someone to do it then.

Back