Halo 4

Minimize grenade spamming? Have they not played any Halo games ?

Might as well remove grenades entirely since they're already fucking useless for anything except sticking. A paint grenade would be more effective; at least that could blind those visors.
>:3

Minimize grenade spamming? Have they not played any Halo games ?

Might as well remove grenades entirely since they're already fucking useless for anything except sticking. A paint grenade would be more effective; at least that could blind those visors.
>:3

Yeah I thought I saw it mentioned in one of earlier MP previews but like I said, I could be remembering wrong and pulling that out of my arse. :p

HTF can you spam grenades when you've only got two per slot?

Speaking of useless f'ing grenades, I actually got a kill with a pulse grenade the other day. It was a total fluke that required the cooperation of the dumbest enemy sniper on Xbox Live. He just sat there crouched trying to snipe while that worthless POS of a grenade did whatever it was designed to do (still not sure how they're supposed to be used). At least it made me chuckle a bit.

I disagree. Reach had it right. Grenades should own people. In H4, all the enemy has to do is jump and their pretty safe. If they have the explosives perk (which decreases damage received by grenades rather than increasing damage done by grenades :rolleyes:), you might as well not even bother throwing grenades because as Al says, they're useless. I'm not sure where this idea that "Oh, grenades are too powerful!" or "Oh, there's too much grenade spam!" came from, but 343 bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

I disagree. Reach had it right. Grenades should own people. In H4, all the enemy has to do is jump and their pretty safe. If they have the explosives perk (which decreases damage received by grenades rather than increasing damage done by grenades :rolleyes:), you might as well not even bother throwing grenades because as Al says, they're useless. I'm not sure where this idea that "Oh, grenades are too powerful!" or "Oh, there's too much grenade spam!" came from, but 343 bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

I suck so bad at Halo that it was how I got a lot of kills.

That being said, I'm really enjoying Spartan Ops. A weird complaint is weapons disappearing after swapping out in the levels. Other than weaker grenades and weapons disappearing, it plays like the other Halos to me.

I wonder if 343i can patch the issues you guys are finding back in with an update.

I disagree. Reach had it right. Grenades should own people. In H4, all the enemy has to do is jump and their pretty safe.
I don't see why grenades as a "get people to move" tool is problematic. In Reach team slayer, gunfights regularly open up with several grenades going in each direction, each one able to take out more than half your health, and detonating so fast that you can't react given their blast radius. It's more chaotic death than promoting of interesting gunplay.

I'm fine with very powerful grenades, but only if they're mixed with healthy movement and have longer fuses. Halo 1 does it right; they're crazy powerful, you can carry 4 of each type, and they have huge throwing range, but they have to settle before exploding and the player movement feels faster than in the newer games. Getting blown up feels less annoying, but the grenades are not weak or useless.

//============

I certainly agree that Halo 4's grenade approach isn't really satisfying, where frags are just less meaningful versions of Reach frags and where PP/plasma grenade spawns make standard warthogs kind of pointless.

Played more Halo slayer last night. Grenades seem to be killing me just fine. The only difference I notice over the previous ones, from what I played, is you see the hammer and sword being used a lot less. Overall, it's pretty much the same as it always was with some tweaks. People call out COD for being more of the same every time. If anything, that's the problem here. The core gameplay still feels like a slower-for-consoles version of the old UT and Quake type shooters. I'm not very good at it right now, because I have to get back into the "jumping around corners" mentality of those days. I've gotten used to stop-and-pop firing mechanics from games like Battlefield, where you have to manage your accuracy. If they didn't have the player customization I'd feel like I was playing a shooter from 1999. Oh, and there are vehicles I guess, which aren't that fun. It's not too bad of a game, but overall I've never understood the fondness for any Halo multiplayer, past or present. The guns have never been very interesting in Halo, which was kind of the great thing about those arena shooters.

The only real problem I see is the obvious lag issues. They obviously try to hide the lag, but it becomes obvious really quickly when you shoot a guy in the feet and get a head shot. Some of the kill cams I've seen are really really confusing. If the lag is that bad in co-op, that'll definitely be a big negative for me. I pretty much bought it for the campaign co-op.

No, Reach didn't get frag grenades right because during the beta, they we're referred to as Mini Nukes for being too powerful.One frag nade shouldn't kill a Spartan wearing a multi-billion dollar supersuit capable of so many things.Grenade strength should be a mixture of H2 and H3 as frags are a bit underpowered in Halo 4..

Played more Halo slayer last night. Grenades seem to be killing me just fine. The only difference I notice over the previous ones, from what I played, is you see the hammer and sword being used a lot less. Overall, it's pretty much the same as it always was with some tweaks. People call out COD for being more of the same every time. If anything, that's the problem here. The core gameplay still feels like a slower-for-consoles version of the old UT and Quake type shooters. I'm not very good at it right now, because I have to get back into the "jumping around corners" mentality of those days. I've gotten used to stop-and-pop firing mechanics from games like Battlefield, where you have to manage your accuracy. If they didn't have the player customization I'd feel like I was playing a shooter from 1999. Oh, and there are vehicles I guess, which aren't that fun. It's not too bad of a game, but overall I've never understood the fondness for any Halo multiplayer, past or present. The guns have never been very interesting in Halo, which was kind of the great thing about those arena shooters.

The only real problem I see is the obvious lag issues. They obviously try to hide the lag, but it becomes obvious really quickly when you shoot a guy in the feet and get a head shot. Some of the kill cams I've seen are really really confusing. If the lag is that bad in co-op, that'll definitely be a big negative for me. I pretty much bought it for the campaign co-op.

The great thing about Halo mp is its a military arena shooter that takes alot of skill to get good at and the weapons have always been interesting.Needler, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Beam Rifle etc.Each iteration of Halo mp over the years has played differently from each other and its something I easily recognize since I've been playing the series since 2001.

I wonder how well the DLC is selling? Personally, I have no interest in it because the only BTB map looks kinda lame, and I don't want to have to play the DLC playlist just to get it.

I've PLAYED the new maps and they are well designed for a wide variety of gametypes and definitely is alot of fun.The new BTB maps are available to play in the Big Team Infinity Slayer playlist besides the DLC PL...

The great thing about Halo mp is its a military arena shooter that takes alot of skill to get good at and the weapons have always been interesting.Needler, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Beam Rifle etc.Each iteration of Halo mp over the years has played differently from each other and its something I easily recognize since I've been playing the series since 2001.

I've always been one of the few at the sidelines not understanding what the big deal is about Halo, but I can't argue with the fact that tens of millions of people disagree with me. The weapons and the play style still haven't really caught on with me.

I've always been better at Halo MP than other MP shooters. It just "feels" right to me. And I like the SciFi setting.

Vehicle balance is awful in a couple of the maps. It's not really "balance" for one side to have easy access to the single Tank, Gauss Hog, or Wraith available. :rolleyes: It may take a bit of time to get the right power weapon from ordnance, so... what do you do? You just die over and over hoping to get kills or throw your pathetic plastic balls hoping to make them laugh themselves to death.

:3 :p

It can be tough, for sure. I think the gauss hog is probably the worst in this regard. If your team doesn't work together to bring it down, it's basically an instant win for the other team.

If you don't have a power weapon, the only strat that seems to work is hide, crouch, active camo, overcharged PP (at just the right moment), and 3 plasma nades. I have pulled this off solo, but I usually die. It helps if a few teammates are attacking.

But yeah, Exile is just a shitty map. Where the hell are true BTB maps like Blood Gulch, Sandtrap, Avalanche, Danger Canyon, Ice Fields, Spire, Boneyard, etc?

Well damn, is that true? I've found myself getting much more kills with grenades with that perk enabled. I've been placebo'd.

Well damn, is that true? I've found myself getting much more kills with grenades with that perk enabled. I've been placebo'd.
Supposedly, the effects of the explosives perk are a decrease in grenade damage done to you and an increase in the blast radius of your grenades. So, your grenades should be expected to be easier to hit people with.

Vehicle balance is awful in a couple of the maps. It's not really "balance" for one side to have easy access to the single Tank, Gauss Hog, or Wraith available. :rolleyes: It may take a bit of time to get the right power weapon from ordnance, so... what do you do? You just die over and over hoping to get kills or throw your pathetic plastic balls hoping to make them laugh themselves to death.

:3 :p

343i is going to be release a new Title Update that will address some of the gameplay issues such as the Boltshot charge blast being too powerful etc.The one thing I truly don't like is the fact that H4 has so many cheaters already and the game has been out for less than 3 months.The TU will be available alongside the new skill-based rank system.

Am I no longer a gamer? I pre-ordered Halo 4 the Sunday before it released. Didn't get it until about a week after it released. And I haven't played more than couple of hours on it & I'm still only on Level 3. My 18yr old son then got the game & has been playing it ever since(finished single player & working on multiplayer now) & I haven't had an itch to pick it up again. What's wrong with me?

Tommy McClain

Nothing. You merely have good tastes in games. There's nothing in Halo 4 that is enticing enough to play it.

Back