Halo 4

The more I play Halo 4, the more I appreciate the visuals of previous Halo games, especially Halo 3.

Halo 3 Jungle (Sierra 117) > Halo 4 jungle
Halo 3 Desert (The Ark) > Halo 4 desert
Halo 3 snow/ice > Halo 4 Snow Ice

Honestly, If Halo 3 had better character models and AA, I'd prefer the overall look of the game.

While Halo 4 is technically superior it does suffer from flat, bland environments that are smaller in scope than earlier titles. The campaign also felt shorter and less eventful than previous Halo's.

H4's core shooting mechanics are the same as Reach as far as I can tell. I do like the ordinance drops and customized loadouts too. However, I cannot agree on H4's maps being better than Reach or H3. For the most part, I think H4's big team maps are garbage, indeed a convoluted mess as someone said. It's no wonder Ragnarok (Valhalla) is so popular - it's actually a decently designed map with a good mix of short, mid, and long range combat and the vehicle mix is balanced well. Unlike Exile, where whoever controls the gauss warthog wins.

Halo Reach mp maps are very medicore with only a few being decent to play at best.I feel Halo 4's maps are much better designed and provide a nicer flow of combat as well..Even than, Halo 2 still has the best quality mp maps out of any game in the series..

How is Valhalla in Halo4 any better than in H3 or Reach? That seems to be the only map that's ever selected in H4 big-team play.

Ragnarok gets chosen the most because alot of Halo players know the layout of that map like the back of their hand.Exile, Meltdown, Vortex are all pretty damn good maps with a multitude of ways in approaching any given combat situation..How many of you guys play Halo mp competitively or casually?

In Reach, I played Invasion 99% of the time, and the Invasion-specific maps (Spire, Boneyard, etc) were very well designed and played superbly. H4 has nothing like these maps.

In Reach, I played Invasion 99% of the time, and the Invasion-specific maps (Spire, Boneyard, etc) were very well designed and played superbly. H4 has nothing like these maps.

I feel Exile is much better designed than any Halo Reach map by a wide margin.It's fine that we disagree on that aspect of both games..

Wow...to me putting Halo 3 in after 4, which I like to do with various halo games, it's a generational difference.

Reach was kind of the incremental step between the two.

Yeah, there is no way H4 looks worse than 3, in fact my sister came in while I was playing a bit of H3 multiplayer the other day and wondered why I was playing 'that old Xbox Halo game' instead of 4.

And despite all the complaints from people, I never once found H4's use of bloom annoying (though I do play in dim lighting with my set's brightness quite low).

;)

GRH8L.jpg

I've been playing the Spartan Op episodes. I finished Episode 2 last night and will tackle Episode 3 tonight.

So far, I find them enjoyable as MP is hard with the distance and laggy state from my location. For some reason, I find that I am better at the game than I remember in any of the other Halo games.

LOL @ that "Halo 4 is bullshit" pic. I've played enough SP and MP now to formulate some opinions.

The entire SP campaign is bullshit. (but I still need to finish it in co-op if anyone still cares enough to help me out).

Spartan Ops is mostly bullshit. It feels more like a grind rather than a fun distraction. Some chapters were fun, but most are bullshit.

Overall, MP is not bullshit, but some aspects are. The netcode is bullshit. No ammo spawns on maps is bullshit. Not being able to reload on the run is bullshit. That an overcharged plasma pistol shot only immobilizes a Banshee for 1.6 milliseconds is bullshit. That an overcharged plasma pistol immobilizes a Mantis for 10 minutes is bullshit. Random teammates are bullshit (I swear that sometimes my teammates are more dangerous than the enemy team). That friendly fire is off, but a graze from a friendly vehicle kills you instantly is bullshit. The awkward process for muting a-hole teammates in-game is bullshit. The Railgun is bullshit.

What annoys me for solo legendary is the garbage checkpoint system; I just don't find it fun having to redo 90% of an encounter just because I accidentally bullshit. Meh. Prometheans are also garbage to fight.

NRP if I get a chance I will play Legendary. My fam is back and unfortunately we all got sick (yay for travel). I have a webdev project I am doing for my wife but in a week or so, especially over the holidays, I should have time.

:runaway:

Where did you find this?
LOL @ that "Halo 4 is bullshit" pic. I've played enough SP and MP now to formulate some opinions.

The entire SP campaign is bullshit. (but I still need to finish it in co-op if anyone still cares enough to help me out).

Spartan Ops is mostly bullshit. It feels more like a grind rather than a fun distraction. Some chapters were fun, but most are bullshit.

Overall, MP is not bullshit, but some aspects are. The netcode is bullshit. No ammo spawns on maps is bullshit. Not being able to reload on the run is bullshit. That an overcharged plasma pistol shot only immobilizes a Banshee for 1.6 milliseconds is bullshit. That an overcharged plasma pistol immobilizes a Mantis for 10 minutes is bullshit. Random teammates are bullshit (I swear that sometimes my teammates are more dangerous than the enemy team). That friendly fire is off, but a graze from a friendly vehicle kills you instantly is bullshit. The awkward process for muting a-hole teammates in-game is bullshit. The Railgun is bullshit.
Yup yup. Couple it with the fact that the player model just dead fucking stops as soon as you hit the back button. ughhhhh. Also Crimson DLC handling is bullshit.

Railgun is fun as hell though.

Was reading through one of the Halo GAF threads and saw a link to the post. Decided to make a motivational poster for it. :p
Well... I'm the guy in that post, obviously a different username here for humor purposes. OdysseusVA (S/O!) posted the picture in the thread, and I had to see where it came from.

On another note if anyone is interested, I did a write up about my thoughts on Spartan Ops, and Duncan decided to feature it on his site. Note: It's pretty negative, just filled with less "bullshit".

I just wish it was more effective against vehicles. As it is, it's just an anti-personnel weapon.
I can see where you're coming from. I wish vehicles had weaker spots similar to Halo 2. Then a railgun to that spot would do massive damage, and moderate damage elsewhere on the vehicle.

Back