Halo 4

Wherever you read that I am sure that it also states that Prometheans are Forerunner and not humans.

Prometheans are a sub class of the forerunner warrior caste.
Promethean is used as a adjective. Like the Promethean crawler is a Ai based guard that looks like a dog. Doesn't mean the Ai(uploaded brain) is forerunner based.

Ugh, I really dislike the Anime influenced helmets. Rightly or wrongly, I immediately start thinking of things such as Gundam whenever I see some of them. Don't get me wrong, I love Anime Mecha, but it seems to jarringly out of place in Halo.
I was pretty much getting an Appleseed vibe from them as well. Especially one of these helmets reminded me of Briareos:
http://www.animeresimleri.com/data/media/269/Briareos.jpg

I also don't find their look appropriate for a Halo game, and I think Bungie knew to still away from this kind of design in previous Halo games (funnily, Bungie's own Oni game was heavily influenced by the Ghost In the Shell anime).

I was pretty much getting an Appleseed vibe from them as well. Especially one of these helmets reminded me of Briareos:
http://www.animeresimleri.com/data/media/269/Briareos.jpg

I also don't find their look appropriate for a Halo game, and I think Bungie knew to still away from this kind of design in previous Halo games (funnily, Bungie's own Oni game was heavily influenced by the Ghost In the Shell anime).

Bungie's Halo 3 & Reach was full of anime looking/inspired armour designs.

I personally don't mind it too much, although it does seem a little out of place in the Halo universe.

I agree.
Motocross helmets and armor is much more at home in the Halo universe.
It's also caters better to the mostly US target audience.
Maybe that is why they are slightly changing the artstyle?

source eurogamer.net

New Halo 4 info spills from retailer quiz

+10 new weapons
+ 50 missions will be released per season - five missions every week for a total of 10 weeks for season one. These missions are introduced, according to the quiz, with a "high-quality! Cinematic. Season one of Spartan Ops is completely free. "How many games give you free DLC for 10 weeks?" it asks, before suggested the offer adds up to 12 hours of gameplay in either single-player or co-op multiplayer. "It's like getting two campaigns with one game!"

5 existing maps with recycled or rotating mission types? :p (don't know how many unique SPOPs maps are on-disc) Anyways, "50 missions" sounds like some sort of PR cheating without more details.

5 existing maps with recycled or rotating mission types? :p (don't know how many unique SPOPs maps are on-disc) Anyways, "50 missions" sounds like some sort of PR cheating without more details.

50 times "find an item", different in color, on the same map is 50 missions in PR language… So yes, need more detail to known. ;)

Sorry to ask a stupid man question (I've been trying to avoid Halo 4 stuff for fear of spoilers), but the game still has co-op, right?

And I'm not talking about no scrubber DLC, I'm talking about the actual game. The Halo 4 main game has co-op like Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Reach did, right?

Hooray!

Thanks. I was starting to get worried that this Spartan Ops stuff was instead of a proper Chief and friends/clones co-op mode.

Hype restored. All I need now is for Arby and Shipmaster to pop round and be like "hey guy what is going on in here" and it'll be a full on old school excitement, just like the days when I didn't get back ache.

Ugh... They better have 4 player Co-Op story mode. If not it'll be a little bit less great.

According to Frankie, campaign is still 4-player co-op.

Also if this is true, the MP requires an install:

"At a minimum, you'll need at least an 8GB USB Flash Drive or an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to play Multiplayer mode in Halo 4," reads the official Xbox.com product page (via OXM). "For an optimal experience playing with an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is highly recommended."

It's possible that the recently revealed Spartan Ops campaign, which will eventually feature 12 "incremental" hours across 50 missions, will increase required HDD space even further.

Yesterday Microsoft released a teaser trailer for its live action Halo web series.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356374/halo-4-multiplayer-will-require-8gb-install/

Edit:

Looks like this is true:

It's not ideal, but the actual gameplay experience will be much smoother as a result and some of the things we're doing are only possible with this requirement. I am surprised to hear you don't have a HDD Fyre, the numbers would suggest you're a very rare edge case - a serious Forge/Map creator with XBL and no HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reach had 2 way split screen for campaign but 4 for MP iirc. If normal MP goes split screen only then it better look fantastic. And while I liked 4 way local it is HARD to see squat.

Back