Halo 4

Rangers

Legend
IGN news: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212411p1.html

343's Frank O'Connor has confirmed that Halo 4 will be an Xbox 360 release. Despite speculation that the game might be a launch title for the next generation Xbox, O'Connor says the game will launch on current hardware and use a version of the existing Halo engine.

Your Locksmiths have the scoop on Halo 4.

"Halo 4 will be on Xbox 360 and use a modified core of the Halo engine(s)," O'Connor wrote on the NeoGAF forums. "Not really a singular engine since it goes through fairly radical evolutions all the time."

IGN daily fix reported this post as Halo 4 will use a "variation of the Reach engine". Frankie's qoute doesn't quite read that way, but I suppose as a practical matter it means the same thing.

Hope it looks spiffy, anyway.

There's even been some GAF scuttlebutt that some sort of footage or a trailer may debut at the Spike VGA awards Dec 10. If I'm not mistaken Reach followed that timeline. While I dont want to get my hopes up too much.

Makes sense I guess. I imagine just about all of the "engine" variations have been tried and studied at this point, so a combo approach would probably yield the most benefits.

Bigger concern imo is 343 themselves. They've never released a game as far as I know. They could be a bunch of scrubs. And take whatever Frank O'Connor says with a generous amount of salt. He's mostly a PR guy, regardless of whatever title he currently has.

It's been stated numerous times in past that 343 inherited all Bungie's tech and use it as a foundation for Halo 4 development. I think it's also reasonable to expect bigger differences (engine wise) between Halo Reach and Halo 4 than between, let's say, FIFA 12 and FIFA 11 or COD MW and COD BO.

Yeah, I would be curious to see what more they can squeeze out of the console or what their art style is going to be.

The concept art looks interesting. They basically confirmed that the Chief is headed to a living Forerunner world, which is cool. I like Forerunner architecture.

surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-01%20at%2020.12.17.png

Hopefully this turns out true and we finally see something Monday.

Master chief will take his helmet off ! ..........the whole game will be a mini game of unlocking the helmet as it has been locked for years. Each copy of the game will come with a physical piece of the helmet, so that friends can get togwther and re-assemble the helmet ! REAL Social interaction !

Fans will go crazy and buy multiple copies each and will shout out of their windows !

Oh, yes.....and the helmet in game will have lotsa shiny bloom ;) !

Back