GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

I traded in my old gen version while I could still make a profit, so will be getting this so I can finish the game. First GTA that I actually kept playing, did not really care for the others for no reason I have ever been able to point to.

Really seems to be shaping up to be a pretty game honestly.

GTAV is the only PS3 retail game I bought digitally thus far. Kinda hoping there'll be some sort of upgrade program for the likes of me, but I very much doubt it.

The problem with upgrade plans is the verification of ownership.

He said he bought it digitally... so that wouldn't be a problem.

I know that but they're forced to shaft everyone else who didn't? Understand now? You have to be able to provide the upgrade path to ALL your customers on ALL platforms.

I know that but they're forced to shaft everyone else who didn't? Understand now? You have to be able to provide the upgrade path to ALL your customers on ALL platforms.

I don't think a publisher "has to" do that at all, but digital is easy on PlayStation partly because of CrossBuy.

But there's a process for PS3 to PS4 disc upgrades which Sony launched at E3 last year but naturally publishers and retailers have to opt in. It's as simple as trading in a PS3 game with with the original receipt, paying £10 (UK price) and getting the PS4 version.

Simples.

There were a lot of big titles at PS4s launch that offered a $10 upgrade from the PS3 version on PSN. Would be nice if they went that route, I would certainly get it then ...

I don't think a publisher "has to" do that at all, but digital is easy on PlayStation partly because of CrossBuy.

But there's a process for PS3 to PS4 disc upgrades which Sony launched at E3 last year but naturally publishers and retailers have to opt in. It's as simple as trading in a PS3 game with with the original receipt, paying £10 (UK price) and getting the PS4 version.

Simples.

That's pretty cool, didn't know they did that. Where is the trade-in done, participating stores? Or mail-in?

Take Two had an investor call yesterday where I was hoping a release date for PS4/XBO would be hinted but it was still just "Fall". They did say that GTA V has sold 34 million units (1 million in the last quarter) worldwide since release. Very impressive.

No, you don't. At least that way digital purchases would have one single advantage over the easily resellable, usually much cheaper physical goods which aren't bound to a publisher's release date clock.

So comes out on the same date as Far Cry4 and consider I would have bought AC Unity before hand on the 11th, I think I'll wait a bit for this remaster. Just too many god damn open world games in the same month lol. PS4 version does look mint tho.

Yeah November is so packed. Master Chief Collection, COD:AW, new WoW expansion, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age 3, New Assassin's Creed, that Lord of the Rings game, and now GTA V. I wonder if any of the publishers will blink and push something back.

any idea why they delay the PC version? 2015 is not fall 2014.

Can't say this is a big deal for me, I'd rather they take a little more time and make sure the port is a good one. Given AC will be out in November anyway I'll be too busy with that to worry about GTA. AC being the only game out there that's capable of diverting my attention from GTA!

GTA5 was a great game, and I had a lot of fun playing GTA Online for a while, but I can't believe they don't have online heists working about a year after release. That's a huge screwup. They advertised that feature quite a bit. What a fail.

Edit:
Also, massive graphical improvement

Nov. 18th is the day..
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content

Bets on resolution? X1 @ 720 and PS4 @ 1440.

I'm more confident R* will hit 1080p, rather than the unoptimized Watch Dogs. Less metadata to track, amongst a few other things. Anyhow, I'm picking up the PC edition... the modding shall begin.

Edit: Sh**, I guess I'm waiting until January. :/
Edit 2: Wow, the PS4 screens look good... damn good. Guess I'll be picking up both... lol
Edit 3: PS4 trailer is up. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-the-new-gta-5-trailer-right-here/1100-6422285/

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rumored GTA V PS4 bundle is coming, then November (especially Black Friday) is going to be a war ground for them dollars.

gHOHM1a.jpg

From what I hear, the GTA V PS4 bundle is going to introduce a new model sku. Possibly one with a larger HDD. But it's just a rumor...

Back