GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Is there any release date yet for the next gen versions? I am so picking this up. Best GTA I ever played, by far. I so need to replay it again. :)

Is there any release date yet for the next gen versions? I am so picking this up. Best GTA I ever played, by far. I so need to replay it again. :)
I'm really torn. I really liked GTA V although it took several hours of gameplay for it to really grab me, far longer than previous GTA games but I'm curious about the changes they are making.

The video they showed at the Sony press conference had me thinking about vehicle density. The video shows roads packed with cars and I would be very curious how this would effect the game if they've really ramped up the car density. Common sense suggests too many cars would make it difficult to get around but it's GTA, not a traffic simulator. You can drive on the pavements and motorcycles can zip between cars anyway. Plus it'd be harder for the cops to get around balancing things out.

Roads in WATCH_DOGS can get pretty busy, particular when there's an accident and suddenly you have a 50-60 cars in a jam.

Hmmm.. I'm still not thinking I'll re-buy this but if they drop in a silenced weapon, well damn. I would definitely like to replay with some minor stealth :yep2:

I'm really torn. I really liked GTA V although it took several hours of gameplay for it to really grab me, far longer than previous GTA games but I'm curious about the changes they are making.

The video they showed at the Sony press conference had me thinking about vehicle density. The video shows roads packed with cars and I would be very curious how this would effect the game if they've really ramped up the car density. Common sense suggests too many cars would make it difficult to get around but it's GTA, not a traffic simulator. You can drive on the pavements and motorcycles can zip between cars anyway. Plus it'd be harder for the cops to get around balancing things out.

Roads in WATCH_DOGS can get pretty busy, particular when there's an accident and suddenly you have a 50-60 cars in a jam.

Hmmm.. I'm still not thinking I'll re-buy this but if they drop in a silenced weapon, well damn. I would definitely like to replay with some minor stealth :yep2:

On the PC version of GTA IV vehicle density was controlled by a slider. I'd expect V to be the same on PC. On consoles who knows, I guess they'll just choose whatever they think plays best.

Presumably on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One the phenomenon of duplicate vehicles should be solved as they'll have plenty of RAM for models. It was crazy on PS3, you'd pull up at some lights behind two cars identical to yours then see a couple more identical cars pass you going in the other direction. Then another identical car would pull up behind you. It was a like a collector's convention!

Would have lapped this up if 60 fps, but driving around in 30 fps does not seem that appealing for me....

Getting the PC and PS4 edition. The PC edition for all the potential mods that will be appearing in the future (LCPD:FR, real life vehicle counterparts, ICE/ENB, etc...), and the PS4 version for when I'm traveling.

Would it be a good idea to trade in my GTA V collectors edition to get the XB1 version? Because I might just do that seeing as I don't want two copies of the same game.

Or will I need my original 360 disc to transfer my content?

As far as traffic, I was playing the game the other day (single player), and when driving on the freeway, there's plenty of traffic going along with you, seemed pretty near the density seen in the video. But you're so busy paying attention to your driving that you fail to realize that the oncoming lanes on the other side of the freeway are all but empty.

Presumably on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One the phenomenon of duplicate vehicles should be solved as they'll have plenty of RAM for models. It was crazy on PS3, you'd pull up at some lights behind two cars identical to yours then see a couple more identical cars pass you going in the other direction. Then another identical car would pull up behind you. It was a like a collector's convention!

That's a prevalent issue I've noticed in all the GTA games I've played since GTA3 on the PS2.

That's a prevalent issue I've noticed in all the GTA games I've played since GTA3 on the PS2.
Agreed. Every 3D GTA seems to have a bug/'feature' where every car is suddenly either the same model or the same group of models. You'll pull into a street and everyone is driving a Porsche or a particular intersection would be full of nothing but 4x4s. I'd love to know why it happens. Maybe the code which spawns vehicles is aware of memory pressure and gets less diverse the less resources are available, hoping the player won't notice.

Finally, all GTA V secrets will be revealed with the help of PC. (memory scanner, game data pack/unpack, script injector, or just simply a noclip hack)

i really want to know the meaning of the jetpack mural on Mt Child and i dont mind dirty-ing my hand width hacks to see the truth! Mwahahaha

Back