GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Yeah, I'm not sure I really want to spend the time to take it apart to get at the disc either. And I'll be busy with PS4 now anyways so I think the last gen ship has officially sailed for me.

Just use a hammer. No point of trying to remove screws since its broken and you don't to plan on repairing it.

20% done, absolutely amazing game, I can't believe how much the graphics have improved since GTA4.

The detail in the world is incredible, especially for an open world game (with only one initial load to boot). The amount of graphical detail, even embarasses some shooters (like Halo) with similarly large environments.

And Euphoria really adds something else to this game (as it did to GTA4 and RDR before it), watching characters react so uniquely to car collisions, falls etc never gets old - I really hope more studios implement it next gen.

This game is currently stuck inside my dead OG PS3 that died last week. I probably lost about 10 hrs of progress since I wasn't syncing with the cloud often.

I think I'm just going to wait for the PS4 version now.

Fwiw, getting at the drive/disc is quite easy.

20% done, absolutely amazing game, I can't believe how much the graphics have improved since GTA4.

The detail in the world is incredible, especially for an open world game (with only one initial load to boot). The amount of graphical detail, even embarasses some shooters (like Halo) with similarly large environments.

And Euphoria really adds something else to this game (as it did to GTA4 and RDR before it), watching characters react so uniquely to car collisions, falls etc never gets old - I really hope more studios implement it next gen.

Agreed, I think it's really a fantastic game. It does bog down in a few spots, like right when you find Trevor and can only go on a bunch of his missions for a while and then there's another bit after the first heist mission where you are pretty much supposed to roam around the game and explore, etc. If you've already spent time doing that before getting into the story mission than that part seems to take quite some time.

Otherwise, pretty awesome.

Alright you'll have to tell me, cuz I googled and the common answer is to take it apart for fat PS3's.

1. Firmly grab your PS3 with both hands.
2. Lift PS3 over your head. (But not directly over your head. You'll know why when you read step 3.)
3. Drop.
4. Repeat steps 1. through 3. until disc is retrievable.

Alright you'll have to tell me, cuz I googled and the common answer is to take it apart for fat PS3's.

Yes, but that's not so hard. And you get to the disc drive way before you get to the rest.

Yes, but that's not so hard. And you get to the disc drive way before you get to the rest.

I'll try some day, but I fear I lost interest in playing the game by now anyways :D. Too busy with PS4 at the moment. Maybe I'll take a shot at fixing it just before Dark Souls 2 comes out. Can't miss that one.

There was a new rumour about a release know the new consoles? Anyone got a linky
I'd like to read this also. I wonder if it's just continued speculation based on that Czech retailer who was taking pre-orders for GTA V for PS4 last month.

Another retailer has listed it as a ps4/Xbone game. I am sure now its coming. The only blemish on the ps3 was terrible IQ,That fab world with crisp clear IQ would be a winner anyday. It already had great water, reflections in water, beautiful dawns and sunsets.
Especially since this has flying planes and races and dirt bikes etc, this could be a winner over Watch dogs. Could it be?

Another retailer has listed it as a ps4/Xbone game. I am sure now its coming. The only blemish on the ps3 was terrible IQ,That fab world with crisp clear IQ would be a winner anyday. It already had great water, reflections in water, beautiful dawns and sunsets.
Especially since this has flying planes and races and dirt bikes etc, this could be a winner over Watch dogs. Could it be?

I really liked the visual impression this game provided, including the blemishes, shimmering etc. I could be worried that a sterile perfect looking world would seem less real. Nevertheless, I would love to play this game one more time on the PS4 :)

There was a new rumour about a release know the new consoles? Anyone got a linky

The people that I know, are indicating the last week of June to mid July. Nothing beyond those months was indicated to them.

Personally I'm waiting for the PC edition - I loved modding the previous one (ENB/ICE mods, ELS vehicles, etc...).

How much of an impact would a six (6) month exclusive GTA V create (standalone sales, unit sales, system perception of getting exclusives, etc...) for one of the next generations systems?

Meaning; no PC or other next-gen system edition until 2015. Assuming such a deal exist, and it's pending announcement (E3).

Still not convinced this will ever see the light of day on the PS4 and the Xbone (not even sure about the the PC). It's one of the unique and rare traits of R* games: they'd rather protect their brands from over-saturation than chasing after the easy money. Unlike with the Activisions and Ubisofts of this world, R* releases are still something special. Maybe there'll be some sort of GTAIV+Add-ons+GTAV compilation at some point down the road like the old GTA trilogy on the original Xbox.

Back