GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

That's all there is to say from my side I guess and I don't want to derail the thread any longer :)

I don't think having a discussion about the IQ of GTAV compared to other games in the GTAV thread is out of place.

But, to clarify, from your comments I get the feeling that GTAV isn't up to the standards as set by RDR?

You did say that RDR is still one of the better looking games today, but GTAV isn't.

There is certainly something to say for Red Dead Redemption having better art. I would be inclined to agree ... Better story too I bet.

Is this directed towards me??

He is talking about an in game mechanic :p in GTA V!

As for graphics, you are not alone. Half of th eworld is saying it looks like heaven while th eother half is aghast at the IQ. Gaf says PS3 version is a bit sharper, so 360 might feel a bit more blurred in your case.

EDIT: Download done , installing now, will play tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Methinks this is the Gamespot policy - to create controversy through unfair punishing reviews for very good games, to get more clicks.

There was a moron who gave The Last of Us an 8, and now there is this wench who is giving this masterpiece of a game a 9 because "it's misogynistic and too violent". Really?

Not giving this game a 10 is either lying (being disingenuous) or having a hidden agenda. Otherwise you should not be allowed to review a game in a genre that you dont really like.

When I said that some of the Gamespot comments were disgusting, I wasn't asking for an example to be posted here.

There is certainly something to say for Red Dead Redemption having better art. I would be inclined to agree ... Better story too I bet.

The story is alright in RDR. But it still drags.. at least for me it did after hitting Mexico. Apparently GTA5 takes a lot of cues from Heat which is one of my favorite movies. I just want to see how shamelessly they copy from it :)

no,sorry, that was directed at baten. I do think your comments are kinda ridiculous graphics-whore/purist, to me, but your comments don't bother me in that they're in good spirit, I presume. baten's within his rights to disagree that game material should be reviewed upon its moral or societal merit, but his assumptions are pretty grandiose and in general it sickens me to think that anyone would throw a verbal fit over 1 point on a 10-point review scale. Christ, the game's not for everybody, get your panties outta your throat. Anyway, all that is off-topic. No biggie. Just kinda weird to step in here and everyone just teeing off this way or that way simply because GTA is popular. And as a final aside, I loved RDR to little bits; the art style and story were truly unique among video games of any generation. But compared to GTA it barely has any polygons to push, let alone scripting, AI, lights, 100 mph interacting objects, 100 rpm submachine guns, flying parts, etc... kind of a ridiculous comparison to me.

As someone who never got into GTA4, but loved Gta3, Vice City and GTA:SA I can safely say that Rockstar is back on track. This generation is going out with a bang.

And i don't care if they release this on the next generation, I will double dip and it will be OK. This game is going to reimburse all those other games we bought that didn't give full value for money :)

Yeah, the game's pretty good so far!

Disc came with a nice map, by the way.

I'd liked to see more comparisons to RDR(not in the graphic department) in the open-world scale & exploring/side missions. How do you get around the map(vehicles, foot, shortcuts?)Also how does the combat system compare? What about co-op? Is there a free-roam mode like in RDR? No fun if you can't play with your buddy online. Answer to those questions will determine whether I pick it up.

Tommy McClain

Playing ! Game feels fab, driving feels very weird, hope I get the hang of it.

The graphics are horrible yet beautiful ;) ! The IQ is bad, pop ups happen, shadows are all low res, like GTa4, but the lighting is superb and the colour pallete and art look fantastic :D ! The colours and the sunlight are suweeeet ! I like it, will be spending time in it to see if the gameplay holds up. Bt yes the world looks beautiful !

So far I'm enjoying it. Really early. I had to lower the in-game brightness a bit and then it looked pretty nice. The image quality isn't the greatest, but overall the city and characters are beautifully designed. It would definitely be a pretty game on the next-gen platforms. The attention to detail in everything is top notch.

I rode th eblimp tp the hiest mountain and dropped off. Yes, it does feel like th ebst looking game ! So beautiful, the hills are so beautiful.
Not yet gone into any missions yet. The wilderness is just fun to exlpore.

Very blurry and very beautiful too.
Holy moly the night in the wilderness is so cool too ! I am cmopletely wowed now. Hoping the missions are fun too, but I don't see myself doing any missions till I absolutely need to. That highest mountain is just too pretty.

For the first ime, I am actually enjoying in a GTA game.

But I seriously hope I never meet
Tonya again. Sorry girl, I am no tow truck guy.
......shittiest job ever in a video game.

Back