GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

This game does sound awesome. SA was my favourite of the series and easily one of my top games of all time. That gameplay, modernised with world beating graphics sounds absolutely incredible. I really hope there's a PC version, I can count the exclusive console games I jealous of on one hand this generation (just) but this would be no1.

This game does sound awesome. SA was my favourite of the series and easily one of my top games of all time. That gameplay, modernised with world beating graphics sounds absolutely incredible. I really hope there's a PC version, I can count the exclusive console games I jealous of on one hand this generation (just) but this would be no1.

This is all that San Andreas should have been - and more. I did not finish SA but I will this one.

Did I mention the shooting mechanics are awsome? I always hated shooting in GTA (but since I never played GTAIV, I cannot compare) but here I wellcome the shooting!

Anybody have any RDR comparisons? RDR was my first true open-world game & my first Rockstar game. It's by far my favorite of this generation. Until another RDR sequel I'm wanting a little something to tide me over. The big/detailed open world looks like it might close to RDR, but not having a horse & relying on a car might not feel the same. Maybe there are dirt bikes? ;) How does the shooting compare to RDR? If it's the same I might pick it up after all.

Tommy McClain

Which Version to get? Probably the X360 version...right?

Gaf says ps3 version is sharper with less pop ups. Both seem pretty identical this time, but multiple ppl have reported 360version to be blurrier.

Near perfect reviews everywhere as expected. Will watch a few, especially gametrailers one. Seems like everyone agrees its a tech masterpiece. Still no preload for US.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually finally interested in a GTA game. I've always felt that the shooting and driving mechanics were crap before. Have these things improved?

Been reading some of the reviews (and comments) that had the temerity to give the game a non-perfect score. It's embarrassing and sad, especially the Gamespot review.

I'm not really deep with the missions, I'm only at about 10%, but I like to spend time just driving around, and the level of detail is out-of-this-world. I mean everything is so good and so "exactly how it should be" that I feel like laughing and crying at the same time! I am very picky - but I have not had ANY thing to even remotly complain about... I dont want to spoil anything, you will see. If there is a game that you MUST play, this is it (and I'm not even a big fan of GTA, I'm more of a RPG/FPS kind of guy)
Excellent! :D Mine ought to arrive tomorrow although I'll unlikely get to play until Wednesday evening. I really enjoyed driving around San Andreas. My girlfriend would ask "What mission are you on?" and I'd be like "no mission, just driving around to see what random stuff happens". - Spent ages looking for the fabled bigfoot - before Rockstar confirmed it wasn't in there.

I liked GTA IV's Liberty City but felt that the the city scape was quite limited compared to San Andreas so really looking forward to getting back to the rural areas and desert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been reading some of the reviews (and comments) that had the temerity to give the game a non-perfect score. It's embarrassing and sad, especially the Gamespot review.

Briefly skimmed through the GS review. What did you find sad about it?

Multi layered missions and switching control between characters sounds like it'll help a ton in reducing the boredom cookie cutter feeling in missions of the old games.

Briefly skimmed through the GS review. What did you find sad about it?

Multi layered missions and switching control between characters sounds like it'll help a ton in reducing the boredom cookie cutter feeling in missions of the old games.

Not the review. The review is very well written and detailed. Carolyn is an excellent writer. The comments are what's sad (at least I hope he's referring to the comments). Actually, calling the reactions sad is really putting it lightly.

Ok I see now, just got caught up to all the hubbub.

All I have to say about that is it's not surprising. Had it happen with U2, had it happen with TLoU, and of course it would with GTA5. Crazy reactions to slightly lower review scores I mean. I guess it's a good thing I usually can't read the comments on these sites anyways because of noscript.

A billion sounds a bit far fetched really. Even if every 50$ sale translated to pure profit, they'd need to sell 20 million copies. I actually think that is the premier reason why GTA online rolls out in October. If the rumors of a 250 million $ budget are true, they need to monetize that game long term.

Just watched a few video reviews and I got to wonder how they achieved to make it run on those old war horses :). Looks like a must buy, but I'll hang around a bit to see if a PC-version is coming.

Just watched a few video reviews and I got to wonder how they achieved to make it run on those old war horses :). Looks like a must buy, but I'll hang around a bit to see if a PC-version is coming.

Oh, PC version is coming. That is for sure. They'll milk out as many versions as they can. The problem is the wait.

Back