GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

R* said it was the PS3 version. Looked pretty damn impressive for an open world, current gen game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69149056&postcount=1585

Yeah. I've been a GTA stalwart since GTA III on the PlayStation 2 and really enjoyed GTA IV but I had low expectations for this game visually on Sony's platform. If this is what a mandatory install can delivery, hell, developers and publishers should have been mandating this from day one.

Really stoked. More so for what Rockstar North can deliver on the nextgen consoles.

wow, i am in on this, i hope there is a special limited spend all your stupid money edition somewhere..

The 'Plan A Heist' part sounds interesting. Though I wonder if it's just a simple choose A or B option pre-mission choice kind of thing.

Does GTAV use the same engine? If so, they must have made huge improvements on the PS3 side considering how mediocre RDR and GTAIV were.

The 'Plan A Heist' part sounds interesting. Though I wonder if it's just a simple choose A or B option pre-mission choice kind of thing.

The whole way the thing was presented leads me to think it's going to be a more A or B kind of thing, with some sort of more mechanical customisation on top (weapons, thugs or vehicles used, or something along those lines). All heists shown look too cinematic and theatrical from both a presentation (custom animation, dialogue etc) and gamplay (structured, non random-chaos missions) point of view for them to be terribly procedural. Also seems more in-line with RockStar past work. Improvements can be expected to their past formulas, but complete revolutions are less realistic specially given how much new stuff and improved the game already looks to be.
Though I'll admit I'm drawing my conclusions from very little footage.

I think that assumption is probably correct. We would need Cloud Technology™ to do something as dynamic as we'd like it to be (half kidding :)). ie. Drive around, case a joint, disable the alarms, or sneak in dressed up as security, or disable the power to the building, or break in through the roof, or hold the store owner's daughter hostage, etc, etc. Hopefully we'll see a system like that for GTA6.

think Rockstart has been improving the Rage engine since LA Noire. That game ended up a bit better on PS3 irc. MP3 was very close.

a bit of that should be able to be done on MGS5.
i mean... not taking the Enemy store owner's daughter hostage, but by giving spoiled food and making their stomach hurt and troll them by locking all toilet stall :p

about A/B on GT5, its possible that there will be more than 2 choice, maybe a b c etc. But all of them not necessarly completely different.

A -- 1,2 mutation

B -- 3,4 mutation

so each mutation of A or B will have different flavour but will have the same canned animation and camera works.
each mutation can have their own flavour in the details.

i just hope with the various amount of work we can do on GT5 (buy stock, buy houses, etc), i can choose to just bribe millions of GTA dollars to do something crazy :p

Hmmm....looks great, hoping it will be varied this time around and not repetitive like GTA4. I hope there would be a option to turn off cursing, as I hate it in games , absolutely ! I don't pay $60 to get hurled with abuses. But except for Prey and Brutal Legend, no other game has given me the option to turn it off. I wish every game has the option , though, cos for me mature game means a mature theme, not offensive language !

But its GTA !

think Rockstart has been improving the Rage engine since LA Noire. That game ended up a bit better on PS3 irc. MP3 was very close.

LA Noire was not using Rage iirc.

That being said GTAV looks like a big improvement on the PS3, curious to see how the 360 version will turn out.

Just saw the video ! WOW ! Fantastic ! Love the new art style but auto aim still seems to be the order of the day ! But looks fantastic! Very interested :D !

GameInformer put up an article explaining gun combat yesterday. There is free aim :) The scene with Franklin taking all those guys looks great, much more free form than what we had in GTA IV.

I think it's going to be more nuanced than that. From what I've cobbled from a whole bunch of different previews, you are expected to do recon, develop a plan and you have the ability to select and customise weapons and vehicles, select your crew (not just the three protagonists). From the C&VG May Preview:

C&VG said:
In the big ones [heists], there can be no mistakes: you need the right weapons and gear; you need to choose the right approach, whether it's brute force, or stealth, and plan out your tactics via a pre-mission corkboard; and you need to have hired the right crew for the right job - that's crew in addition to Michael, Franklin and Trevor. Choose to pay less and you get less qualified personnel; pay more, and you get more reliable drivers, gunmen and technicians - but they take a bigger cut. It's a balance, and it's through missions like 'Blitz Play' that you find your best approach.

From all I've read, it sounds a lot more involved than picking stealth or brute force. The trick, of course, if reaping more than you spend on assembling the heist crew and equipment. Plus actually getting away with it :devilish:

Renegade, its GTA...
but from the traier seems they toned down the harsh word?

btw it seems lots of people did not have a problem with F word and enjoy it. I learned that lesson the hard way in BF3 battlelog forum :(

Does GTAV use the same engine? If so, they must have made huge improvements on the PS3 side considering how mediocre RDR and GTAIV were.
The mandatory 8Gb install probably helps. But, as I posted in the GTA V thread, I had low expectations for GTA V on the PlayStation 3 but I'm pleasantly surprised. Astonished, actually.

And I'm looking forward to seeing GTA VI on nextgen :D

Hmmm....looks great, hoping it will be varied this time around and not repetitive like GTA4. I hope there would be a option to turn off cursing, as I hate it in games , absolutely ! I don't pay $60 to get hurled with abuses. But except for Prey and Brutal Legend, no other game has given me the option to turn it off. I wish every game has the option , though, cos for me mature game means a mature theme, not offensive language !

But its GTA !

I don't get the problem. The game is portraing characters based on real life people. Real life people swear.

I'm not that shocked by the improvement. They've had 5 years to progress the tech, after all. GTA4 came out when PS3 ports were still mostly bad and few third parties had come to grasp with the architecture.

It portrays stereotypes based on movies and pop culture who all talk like Dan Hauser. He's pretty much the Tarantino of video games.
Since GTA III, the games have been exaggerating and mocking both pop culture and stereotypes. Language and all.

I don't think this game will be any different.

Back