Batman: Arkham City

Richard

Mord's imaginary friend
Veteran
I'm thinking of picking this up using Steam's 20% discount (if you own BM:AA or Lego: Batman). Btw, what's the story about this G4WL also using Steam Achievements. Is this a hybrid G4WL/Steamworks game?

OTOH, I did pickup BM:AA GotY for 7.50€ last December with all the DLC so I'm thinking of doing the same thing with the new game. It's not like there's any shortage of games.

Wow the 20% discount sounds awesome. But yes I am going to wait as well. Especially after reading that the game is DX 11 capable! I need upgradessssssssssssss!

I'm thinking of picking this up using Steam's 20% discount (if you own BM:AA or Lego: Batman). Btw, what's the story about this G4WL also using Steam Achievements. Is this a hybrid G4WL/Steamworks game?

OTOH, I did pickup BM:AA GotY for 7.50€ last December with all the DLC so I'm thinking of doing the same thing with the new game. It's not like there's any shortage of games.

I think the 20% discount is going to win me over. The first game was great; I expect the second to be good too (and only $40 at launch is pretty decent).

I was a huge fan of the original and this one is better in every way. Pretty much any complaint you could have about the firat one was addressed. Play on Hard and have fun. Worth the price of admission.

The original (well, GOTY edition) had been on my backlog for a long time, and I only just started playing it last night. Went 6 hours straight, fair to say it grabbed me.

I did notice an odd slow motion bug at the Scarecrow sequences though (could be Physx related gauging by the amount of stuff flying around) but nothing showstopping. Anyway, chances are good I'll be going with the 20% thing. Game mechanics are great and I like open world games even better.

The first Batman was an epic gaming experience for me. I am a huge Batman fan and have been waiting for a game like this for such a long time and it's as if my prayers had gotten answered. I completed all the Riddler quests and sometimes as frustrating as it was it was downright rewarding at the end.

I still need to get all the challenge achievements and stuff but yeah, the original game is seriously awesome. However, this sequel is following the same (wrong) footsteps of having a bunch of separate content for each store you pre-order in, plus a few other DLC codes. The 20% Steam discount is nice but I think I'll wait for the GotY edition and get everything then. I'm still miffed even the GotY edition of AA didn't have the Joker DLC that was exclusive to the PS3. grrrr

I still need to get all the challenge achievements and stuff but yeah, the original game is seriously awesome. However, this sequel is following the same (wrong) footsteps of having a bunch of separate content for each store you pre-order in, plus a few other DLC codes. The 20% Steam discount is nice but I think I'll wait for the GotY edition and get everything then. I'm still miffed even the GotY edition of AA didn't have the Joker DLC that was exclusive to the PS3. grrrr

This is the only thing holding me back. Normally I would have jumped on this deal (I think I am still leaning toward getting it), but I haven't yet because I know inevitably I will want the GotY edition.

Decisions, decisions...:???:

heh... I actually didn't care too much about the DLC for the first game. The extra challenges were nice, but I only got so far, and I got my money's worth with the campaign anyway ($40!). :p Fight challenges vs fighting in the game... well, the predator challenges were my favourite, since I needed my Splinter Cell fix, but again, just playing the campaign was good enough.

This time around... I dunno, I sort of feel like I'm missing out not having GPU PhysX. >_> :rolleyes: :LOL: Plus I have a pretty decent computer now (along with the 360 gamepad because I really hated the keyboard/mouse when I tried the demo of the first game), so I'll wait for the PC version to go down in price.

This time around... I dunno, I sort of feel like I'm missing out not having GPU PhysX. >_>

I'm bookmarking this post! :p

On a serious note, I think one has to use the 360 controller for this game. Even though I belong to the PC master race (something you wouldn't understand alstrong), I used a controller with the first one. Perhaps I am just getting soft in my "old" age. :cry:

I think this is the kind of game where you would really want to use a 360 pad. I'm a big mouse+keyboard fanatic but some games are just designed with pads in mind and don't make a lot of sense on m+k.

I used a 360 controller for games like this and Assassin's Creed too, so don't feel bad.

Same. The master race was not founded on rodents, that's a recent development. I was playing with joysticks and even gamepads on my 486 when I was wee lad (Street Fighter II and X-Wing). Some games are just better with an analogue stick or ergonomically positioned buttons rather than keys. Third-person games like these also work much better.

Even some FPS are more enjoyable with it because of the force-feedback
plus the consolitis evidenced in health regen, lack of vertical gameplay, slow enemy reaction times and movement speeds which culminates in lower difficulty. Using a mouse on those games is like God mode.

Same. The master race was not founded on rodents, that's a recent development. I was playing with joysticks and even gamepads on my 486 when I was wee lad (Street Fighter II and X-Wing). Some games are just better with an analogue stick or ergonomically positioned buttons rather than keys. Third-person games like these also work much better.

Even some FPS are more enjoyable with it because of the force-feedback
plus the consolitis evidenced in health regen, lack of vertical gameplay, slow enemy reaction times and movement speeds which culminates in lower difficulty. Using a mouse on those games is like God mode.

You ever played Killzone 3 with the Move controller, huh? ;) Or now the new Infamous 2: Festival of Blood. Move is like an upside-down mouse (if used wisely).

And before you're wondering what I'm doing here, I used to play Descent using the mouse, keys and my Formula 1 wheel pedals for forward and backward thrust! :cool: Ultimate customisation for the win, and in that sense I am sometimes jeaulous of people who still have the unique combination of time and money to be a PC gamer. ;)

But Move helps, at least a little. Wish it was used more, but certainly Sony is doing their best to give hardcore gamers a reason to use it.

Anyone ever tried that PC equivalent that Portal 2 supports?

Yeah I am torn about getting this game immediately because of all teh DLC. I love DLC! I would rather wait for the GOTY edition as well. I got some of the free levels for the first game and they were a lot of fun but for this one there seem to be more content with the skins and what not.

I played the first game with keyboard and mouse and it was fun. Have not tried it with a gamepad though...who knows it could be better. As for the predator challenges I have no idea how to take down the opponents in that ridiculously small amount of time. I guess I am more of a badass batman than a pussy batman :p I ranked really well in the fights (I think I did) because I was mostly in the top 2-300 rankings. Those were fun!

Back