TES V: Skyrim

i used realistic lighting. not sure if it's outmoded by now or what. i highly recommend trying one mod at a time, btw. just, each play session, pick one thing that looks ugly, and find a popular mod that addresses it in a way you find attractive. obvs you want to shy away from unusual mods unless your goal is to spend as much time experimenting with mods as playing. if you stick to the trendy stuff, incompatibilities should be well-noted in the mod info. i'm a big Vurt fan. didn't feel the need to add to structures anywhere near as much as foliage. Skyrim's pretty old now so if you have newish hardware you can get a loooot of screenshot bliss out of simply a realistic lighting-type mod and a foliage pack. oh, and an aggressive .ini

On a whim, I went looking at the most recently updated Climates of Tamriel mod last night after work. Watched a YouTube or two for some other mod packs, and then found a YouTube that was ... moderately psychotic.. Well, the video might not be, but the video'd mod was.

There's a mod out there that allows baddies to rape you when you get low on health. Or you can rape them vice-versa...I mean, nude mods, physics-enabled boobs and hair, shlongs, ok I get the want for those to some extent.

But a rape mod?

What?

The?

???

There one that when Chaurus spit at you, it spawns a tentacle attack which then impregnates you. After 3 days they hatch. Your breasts and belly grows during it all and you gain some powers as a result of being taken over by Chaurus genes.

There one that when Chaurus spit at you, it spawns a tentacle attack which then impregnates you. After 3 days they hatch. Your breasts and belly grows during it all and you gain some powers as a result of being taken over by Chaurus genes.

Even that is partially understandable, taking it from the "Aliens" movie perspective. What I'm talking about is bandits, draugr, and even frostbite spiders stripping your character nude, putting you into one of about two dozen varying positions, and ... yeah. You had to go run and find your clothes after the 'incident'. Oh, and the mod included a 'sex stats' menu page where you could see how "fluent" you are with the varying orifices of your body and/or styles.

We need a WTF smiley. The whole thing makes my head hurt.

Aside from that insanity, I decided I need to restart Skryim with the live-another-life mod, along with the frostfall reality mod, and a bunch of the realism series stuff (foliage, climates, water, enhanced villages, et al.) I'll be skipping the rape mod for this round.

I notice a lot of mods mention ugrids and turning them down if needed... what is the ugrid setting?

PS: I added the climates mod, WATER, Achieve That! and the unofficial patches for the main game and the DLC I got(tl;dr using family sharing to semi-borrow Skyrim from my roommate so I don't got all the DLC). Also got Grass on Steroids, Footprints mod, Flora Overhaul, SkyUI, Moonphase affects night brightness, Realistic Smoke and Embers... I'm more of a tweaker than an overhauler. Anything else along these lines that is good?

apparently my graphics card isn't quite good enough to run ENB mods at full strength, so I'll hold off on those.
Edit2: oh, and I'm trying to make the game's snowy areas as snowy as hell... Any way to make them permanently snowing?

Last edited by a moderator:
ENB is always heavy, but you can gain a bit of performance by setting the quality down on most settings without easily noticeable difference in iq

ugrids-setting dictates how many "grid-cells" it loads on which settings more or less, the higher the setting the further away things like trees etc get rendered. Only 5/7/9/11 etc settings work these days AFAIK, 5 is default but 7 works pretty much rock solid for most at least with the recent memorypatch-addon-things

if you're into long range archery or planning sneak attacks on forts and such I think that ugridstoload is the single most important tweak you can make. it will limit a LOT of what you can do wrt shadows and anything cpu-intensive. however it is cool as hell. set at 5, it is unavoidable that doing certain things will make you view areas which are effectively dead (no shrubbery or monsters rendered). at 7 there is still some creature popup, but you can effectively hunt the way a real person might, which completely changes immersion, for me.

Awesome. I spent many hours this past week trying out various combinations of mods to get Skyrim looking better, and while it looks a lot better it's also very inconsistent between areas, then Bethesda announce a Special Edition remaster due out on 28th October! :runaway:

The goods news is if you own all the DLC or have the Legendary versions, you'll get the Special Edition free.

jpg

jpg

jpg

jpg

I think I'll just wait for the official remaster and Skyrim will be my guilty pleasure in October and November. As long as they bring the stability of Fallout 4 and fix most of the bugs then I'll be happy. :yes:

You can download Skyrim Reloaded and you have the same result (or probably better) just now.... :)
Do you mean Tamriel Reloaded? I tried several mod pack collections but the end result was always a bit inconsistent.

Happy for recommendations for graphics only enhancements but October is just around the corner so it's no big deal to wait.

Hopefully they will kill bugs too, and not just settle with upsampling textures and replacing some shaders...

However, this is bethsoft we're talking about here. I wouldn't expect it. It's like guessing Rumpelstiltskin's name; without bugs in their games, bethsoft would probably just vanish with an angry shriek in a puff of smoke! :LOL:

It is not possible because Skyrim is a 32-bit application so it cannot handle more then 3.6GB of RAM. Bits are not enough :)

There are memory management tools made for Skyrim which were necessary to run high quality mods and a lot of them. Without I'd just hit the wall all the time and boom crash.

It is not possible because Skyrim is a 32-bit application
It's being ported to current consoles, which have 64-bit CPUs. Assets are being improved. This could mean app will be ported up to 64-bit. Blizzard did the same with world of warcraft, to allow higher visual fidelity and less crashes to desktop due to memory issues. So it can definitely be done.

However, this is bethsoft we're talking about here. I wouldn't expect it. It's like guessing Rumpelstiltskin's name; without bugs in their games, bethsoft would probably just vanish with an angry shriek in a puff of smoke! :LOL:
I would be surprised if they're now not running Skyrim on the Fallout 4 version of the engine because they'd certainly wanting to be using their latest authoring tools. Fallout 4 has been rock solid for me on both PC and PS4 - not a single CTD or freeze in several hundred hours of gaming and I'm on my third full playthrough.

Even with a gazillion patches and anti-crash mods I can't play Fallout 3 or New Vegas for more than 5 or 6 hours without a crash.

Back