TES V: Skyrim

The tropical mod incompatible with a lot of lighting mods.

Climate of tamrial destroy sky.
Lightning overhaul make things washed out.

And my enb setting is way over saturated.

When I had time, seems it will be fun to tweak the setting

Skyrim DLC is now half-price until april 1st, so those desperate to save a handful of bucks better get cracking before the offer ends. :)

Must be a european thing, all normal price in the US. Ive been waiting to get Dragonborn on sale :(

Auuurrggh ya bastard! You should be punished for your crimes! Well, at least whoever decided the Gaming Gods shall be smited should be punished for sure.

I was all excited too. :(

Ok. I need major help.

I stopped with about 85 hours into and now I'm trying to pick up and it's all too much!

What's a nice way for me to ease back into the game? I have no idea what quest is next, what I should be doing and so on but I *REALLY* want to get back into it and play through it.

Any tips?:(

Ok. I need major help.

I stopped with about 85 hours into and now I'm trying to pick up and it's all too much!

What's a nice way for me to ease back into the game? I have no idea what quest is next, what I should be doing and so on but I *REALLY* want to get back into it and play through it.

You really don't have to consider what quest is "next", if a quest isn't related to any bigger quest-line, it won't continue for many quests anyway, so you can go with elimination method by starting from top of the quest list

I don't think the game offers that information. You could just go to the skyrim wiki and look up the main quest chain, then check off the names of the quests against what you have in your log... Bit cumbersome I know, but it should work, assuming you actually have the main quest IN your log. :)

...Although you should have, assuming you actually started on it, seeing as each step auto-advances as soon as you complete the previous in this game.

You can safely say that any quest under Miscellaneous is definitely not part of the main quest. Keep in mind this is an Elder Scrolls game, you're free to pursue any quest you want any time you want.

Ok. I need major help.

Well, as others have noted, you don't need to worry over-much about doing anything in particular. Just pick something and have fun with it. Personally, I'd highly recommend the Dark Brotherhood questline if you haven't done it already (starts by talking with Aventus Arentino in Windhelm...you pick up the quest listening to a conversation about the kid there). The Dark Brotherhood quests are best with a stealthy character, but any type will do.

Either way, enjoying Skyrim is pretty much all about finding something interesting to do and going with it.

Other major quest lines (besides the main quest line):
1. Thieves' Guild: Starts by talking to Brynjolf in Riften (this is my second favorite after the Dark Brotherhood).
2. Mage's Guild: Join the college in Winterhold. Not bad, but rather short.
3. Warrior's Guild: Champions Hall in Whiterun.
4. Join in the civil war: talk with General Tullius in Solitude or Ulfric Stormcloak in Windhelm.
5. The Dawnguard or Dragonborn expansions have some fun stuff.

Another interesting set of quests are the various Daedric quests. They're typically short, but usually fairly interesting:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Quests

Alternatively, you could seek to become a thane of the various holds. Generally this is done by first doing a couple of quests for citizens of the hold, and then talking with the Jarl. Once you have access to purchasing a house, you will usually be able to get a quest from the Jarl to become a thane. You can look around online for other available quests in the hold that you can do.

In the end, though, if you feel overwhelmed by the options, just pick the latest thing on your quest list and run with it.

I haven't got Dragonborn yet. I found the Dawnguard quest to be highly enjoyable. Once of the best dungeon romps I've ever done in any game going through the mountain tunnels, caverns and in and out of the valleys. Especially with ENB and lightning mods it felt like such a realistic expedition through a cave complex with everything so dark.

I picked up Dragonborn and Dawnguard over the weekend; I'm now wandering around Solsthiem (sp?) trying to decide if I want to knock out the main story first or go traipsing through random dungeons. :)

The main story isn't anything spectacular, so just play the game however you feel. Traipsing around can be fun.

After >320hrs in, I had already assumed that :D It was mostly a rhetorical question in "how do I want to play". I waited a long time (after pretty much all the other major quest lines except the civil war) to finish the primary Skyrim story line.

Back