TES V: Skyrim

Human/Elvish/Khajiit/Argonian souls are different from creature souls, they require black soul gems to hold them. Alternatively if you do Asura's quest you can get the Asura Star which is a reusable soul gem that, I think, can hold any soul you trap - bar dragon souls.

Just be warned the Daedric quests tend to be tough, low level characters will get slaughtered.

The Azura's star quest has two possible outcomes, one gives you the Azura's star, which captures only white souls (i.e. non-human souls). Another gives you the Black star, which captures only black souls (all human/elf/cat people/lizard people souls). Generally since black soul gems are much rarer (and it's much easier to capture human souls) the Black star is more favorable.

Black soul gems capture human souls btw. I think someone asked that earlier.

What do human souls count as? Greater, grand, or what?

Grall is right, the interface blows. The mod somebody linked to earlier looks like a vast improvement, but I read the buglist and I'll hold off for now.

There is some serious shit going down in Markath. Lucky for the people there I'm already a demi god at level 31.

btw how to capture the souls in stone?

all my soul stone say empty :(

it seems i only able to capture dragon soul. no need item, just kill dragon and the counter on lower right screen goes up.

thnaks

What do human souls count as? Greater, grand, or what?
They're Grand souls, the highest level. I have the
Black Star that pcchen mentioned
, so they're fairly easy to collect. Having Soul Trap on your weapon also makes it a mindless exercise.

btw how to capture the souls in stone?

all my soul stone say empty :(

it seems i only able to capture dragon soul. no need item, just kill dragon and the counter on lower right screen goes up.

thnaks

Either have a weapon that does soultrap or cast the soultrap spell on an enemy and kill it before the spell runs out. The soul will automatically go into any empty soul gem in your inventory, and more powerful enemies require better gems.

I'm not entirely clear on how the game decides which soul gem is used; does it automatically use the lowest possible gem that can store that soul?

I'm not entirely clear on how the game decides which soul gem is used; does it automatically use the lowest possible gem that can store that soul?

Normal soul gems trap a soul of a certain size and below, generally the system hunts through your inventory for the first item that can hold a soul of size being trapped. So if all your petty stones are full and you trap another petty soul then a lesser soul stone will be used to hold the petty soul. (A waste).

Worst was Asura's Star could hold all size of souls and often was the first stone checked, so was always getting filled with petty or lesser souls when you want to trap a grand one.

Thanks.

For some reason my horse loves to kick ass. I'll ride up into an enemy encampment and he's having none of it. He's actually really useful for drawing agro while I line up for the kills.

It's funny, I stole him from an Imperial fort back when I first started playing, and he's been with me ever since. Every time I dismount he starts trodding back to his original fort, but when I fast travel he is right there with me.

Whoa to him who kills my horse.... I'm saving up about 50 potions and scrolls for that guy :devilish:

Either have a weapon that does soultrap or cast the soultrap spell on an enemy and kill it before the spell runs out. The soul will automatically go into any empty soul gem in your inventory, and more powerful enemies require better gems.

thanks a lot :D :D
one more question, the soul trapped inside gem is used for crafting material?

its like tens of hours i spend in skyrim and i barely understand the game..
too much my time spend just walking, looking at beautiful scenery (while listen to the awesome music and nature sounds), doing errand quest lol

You can use the souls to either enchant your equipment or recharge something that is already enchanted.

The more powerful the soul, the better the enchantment or the more it charges your stuff.

One thing to note, if you enchant a weapon to do elemental damage, you have the option to do reduced damaged with more uses (say 10 fire damage with 100 charges) or more damage with less uses (e.g. 20 fire damage with 50 charges). Using powerful souls it's almost always best to do maximum damage imo, since even then you'll get over 100 charges before having to recharge. And it's not exactly hard to find soul gems or souls to go in them :devilish:

I was just telling Dresden, the hotkeys should definitely map to your entire equipment set. That way I could simply walk into town and press 2 to swap out of my cumbersome heavy armor and dawn my Necklace of Haggling.

Necklace of haggling? Heh, I usually bring back more junk than the vendors can afford to buy, so I don't see why that's even necessary... :)

Thanks to the tips and advice, people. Appreciate it!

Love this game tbw, just not the interface. Just read about the upcoming patch too, hopefully the patch notes are very incomplete or they're just scraping the surface where issues with this game is concerned. I remember when I first started playing, I came to Riverwood or whatsitscalled, the "starter" town and enter the smith's home and speak briefly to his daughter. I then turn to speak with his wife. When I turn back, the daughter has sat down at the table...INSIDE the table. Her head and top of shoulders are basically sticking out throgh the middle of the table's surface.

I instantly felt at home in another Bethesda game! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last night, I decided that I couldn't wait for Bethesda to release the patch, so I applied the LAA patch and modified my ini.
And to my surprise, the game became 100% stable, with 7 ugridstoload!
I'll try nine next, just to see how stable/unstable, the game will become, and how it will perform.
I can not for the life of me, understand, why they won't enable four GB support for their executable themselves...
I played for three hours, with not a single crash to the desktop...

Human/Elvish/Khajiit/Argonian souls are different from creature souls, they require black soul gems to hold them. Alternatively if you do Asura's quest you can get the Asura Star which is a reusable soul gem that, I think, can hold any soul you trap - bar dragon souls.

Just be warned the Daedric quests tend to be tough, low level characters will get slaughtered.

I was level 13 and it was fine. He summoned three dremora and I just hid behind a crystal sniping them with bow until he got pissed and charged me.

(copied and pasted from another subforum here)

Skyrim is the first western game ever to get the perfect score, a 40/40, in Famitsu since this magazine was created.

[概要等]

[F]過去12年分、各年の売り上げTop100
└メルルのアトリエは約1367百本

[ゲーム情報]

PSP「Steins: Gate 比翼恋理のだ~りん」
[F]2012年予定、5040円。詳細は不明

PS3「真・三國無双マルチレイド2HD」
[F]HDリマスター第2弾

PSP「戦国無双3Z Special]
[F]

PS3「Gran Turismo 5 Spec2.0」[F]2/2、4980円
[F]10月のDLCを収録、新要素も

[レビュー]
[F]

●据え置き機

PS312/8 The Elders Scrolls V : Skyrim : 10 / 10 / 10 / 10
36012/8 The Elders Scrolls V : Skyrim : 10 / 10 / 10 / 10

PS312/8 マイケル・ジャクソン ザ・エクスペリエンス リミテッドエディション - 通常版 : 7 / 8 / 8 / 8
Wii12/8 マイケル・ジャクソン ザ・エクスペリエンス リミテッドエディション - 通常版 : 7 / 8 / 8 / 8
36012/8 マイケル・ジャクソン ザ・エクスペリエンス : 6 / 7 / 8 / 8

http://hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67114424.html

thanks again homer :)
i was confused how to charge the enchant weapon i got >_< the fuel almost empty now in ancient nord cold sword.

you deleted my uncertainty now. thanks

btw those things in skyrim is we need to learn by doing (or asking in forums) or there will be a quest that guide us how to use those additional features in skyrim?

The various crafting NPCs in starter areas offer quests to take you through learning their art.

thanks again homer :)
i was confused how to charge the enchant weapon i got >_< the fuel almost empty now in ancient nord cold sword.

you deleted my uncertainty now. thanks

btw those things in skyrim is we need to learn by doing (or asking in forums) or there will be a quest that guide us how to use those additional features in skyrim?

A lot of the mechanics are covered in the System -> Help menu. I'm under the impression that Bethesda prefer players discover these things themselves because I don't ever recall explicitly being told about that help menu. It's surprisingly easy to miss if you're just playing normally.

Homer can personally testify to the amount of crashes I encounter with Skyrim. If it wasn't so damn good, I would have quit long ago. I took a peek at the perks of smithing and seriously need to catch up. Those high level smithing armor sets are awesome.

I've noticed, however, my frame rate will remain at 60 so long as I don't force anything like AO. If I select "let the 3D application decide" from the Nvidia control panel, I get no dips. I may try tweaking the .ini's again, to see how that works for me.

Nice review.

My take: there is a vast amount of FPSes and Hack&Slash games. TES is a unique genre all by itself. Keep it that way, don't try to make it into yet another FPS or H&S game.

So, it's up to the CS and the modders to save the day yet again.

Fortunately, it's a very nice and cool virtual playground to run around in as it is, so I expect to spend a lot of hours doing just that. And modding it to my liking, of course. And hopefully in-game this time :)

Back