TES V: Skyrim

By the way, I found that the SSAO profile for Oblivion gives much more subtle effect than the Fallout 3 profile:

Oblivion - Fallout 3 - Off

Oblivion's profile definitely works better with the foliage - much less aggressive on fine details. I hope Nvidia updates the database with a profile for Skyrim.

Is there a way to have SSAO on Radeon cards right now or not?

same card here, ya it can be a bit messy at time, try using oblivion setting since its less aggressive.

ah how i forgot fellix's post, tried it and i think there is really a big difference while moving as well, even at performance mod.. it's not annoying anymore :smile:

So I bought a house in Whiterun and there's a bed in a cot on the second floor which is owned by someone so I can't sleep in it. Nice.

Your bed is the big double bed. I assume the small one is the guest room or specifically your housecarl's bed?

Is there a way to have SSAO on Radeon cards right now or not?
It's a driver-forced feature and AMD does not offer such functionality in Catalyst. The other option is either a game patch by the developer or some external mod (if possible). For now, the option is only available for NV hardware.

i can only effectively use AO performance with GTX460 and it flickers as hell :(

I use the Fallout 3 profile on the Quality setting. I have a GTX260... maybe because I'm only at 1440x900? With 4xMSAA and FXAA and 8xAF the game is very clean, so I don't feel the need for higher resolution. Only thing that sucks are the shadows, and cranking them up to 4096 smashes my framerate into oblivion.

Forcing on a Radeon causes a lot of problems but so far on my 560 it seems to work fine.

On a 570 trolls and khajiit characters are transparent. There aren't a lot of them in the game, so it my be worth ignoring it for the better foliage most of the time.

Your bed is the big double bed. I assume the small one is the guest room or specifically your housecarl's bed?
My house, my bed. Silly game.

So I am riding over this mountain range and happen over a cottage. There's a little plot outside growing cabbage and whatnot, so I figure this is some loner maybe in need of assistance. I enter the house uninvited and I interrupt a black-robed magic user doing whatever, so he flips out and attacks me without even speaking a word. The fight, if you can call it that, is short because my superiour steel warhammer can't be stopped by cloth.

Okay, I say to myself, that didn't go well. Whatever, I go outside to get on my horse again and as I saddle up, I hear this roar coming from above. A dragon! I am not scared, no really. My housecarl isn't scared either, well not much. So I dismount and attack the beast, but my horse seems to have other ideas and it gallops into the woods. No matter, I can find it later. The fight is not overly long, but potions had to be consumed. Still I beat the dragon and absorb the soul, feels good. Now, the horse. Hmpf, running around looking for my damned horse, I get attacked by 2 bears, 1 snow cat and 2 wolves. After beating them, I climb up this little cliff, trying to get a better view and I see my housecarl running away from me. What the hell? I turn around and there's a frost troll. Hah, a troll doesn't scare me! I just killed a big, frost-breathing dragon! In two hits, the troll kills me. No wonder my housecarl ran away.

Giants put your ass into orbit. FYI. YMMV.

I swear I heard a developer from Bethesda in an interview back around E3 revealing that getting launched by giants like that was a bug, but they loved it so much when it was discovered they decided to leave it in.

The game runs really well on my brother's PC (my old one) which consists of a stock S939 Athlon X2 3800+ , 2GB DDR-400, and a stock 8800GT. At a mixture of medium/high settings with 4xMSAA and 8xAF. Sweet.

My horse is officially gone. Must have been eaten by a dragon or something. 1k gold down the drain.

My house, my bed. Silly game.

So I am riding over this mountain range and happen over a cottage. There's a little plot outside growing cabbage and whatnot, so I figure this is some loner maybe in need of assistance. I enter the house uninvited and I interrupt a black-robed magic user doing whatever, so he flips out and attacks me without even speaking a word. The fight, if you can call it that, is short because my superiour steel warhammer can't be stopped by cloth.

Okay, I say to myself, that didn't go well. Whatever, I go outside to get on my horse again and as I saddle up, I hear this roar coming from above. A dragon! I am not scared, no really. My housecarl isn't scared either, well not much. So I dismount and attack the beast, but my horse seems to have other ideas and it gallops into the woods. No matter, I can find it later. The fight is not overly long, but potions had to be consumed. Still I beat the dragon and absorb the soul, feels good. Now, the horse. Hmpf, running around looking for my damned horse, I get attacked by 2 bears, 1 snow cat and 2 wolves. After beating them, I climb up this little cliff, trying to get a better view and I see my housecarl running away from me. What the hell? I turn around and there's a frost troll. Hah, a troll doesn't scare me! I just killed a big, frost-breathing dragon! In two hits, the troll kills me. No wonder my housecarl ran away.

This

looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage ? :)

daedric_dragon_mfabv7dl.jpg

i gave the dragon to lydia and gonna do some fancy enchantments to my daedric armor..

I gotta say the more I play this the more it feels like Oblivion thanks to it being on the same wonky engine with the same out of touch feel to it. It's improved but it still has a lot of the same problems with the action I think.

Looks like the author of the ENB mod series is working on SSAO support. This is good news for AMD GPU owners. I have to say the NVIDIA SSAO works very well with a few glitches. For example swimming under water is a mess as the AO is simply overlayed over the screen.

Back