Qualcomm Krait & MSM8960 @ AnandTech

Adreno320 GLBenchmark2.1 results: http://www.glbenchmark.com/phonedetails.jsp?benchmark=glpro21&D=LG+E970&testgroup=overall

Underneath iPad3 and over all Exynos 32nm SoC based devices....ewwwww nice.

Impressive!
Considering that it could probably get even faster with final drivers, cause I don't suppose it is using final drivers at this stage, it's even more impressive. Can't wait to see the results from new GLBenchmark 2.5.
Wonder how much faster could it get with more memory bandwidth and if it can be clocked higher when on HKMG process.

Impressive!
Considering that it could probably get even faster with final drivers, cause I don't suppose it is using final drivers at this stage, it's even more impressive. Can't wait to see the results from new GLBenchmark 2.5.
Wonder how much faster could it get with more memory bandwidth and if it can be clocked higher when on HKMG process.

Some synthetic benchmarks are through the roof, compared to A5X and Exynos 4412:

http://www.glbenchmark.com/compare....Apple iPad 3&D3=Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III

Won't really know how that stacks up until we see Halti and GLBenchmark 3.0 as well as something to which to compare, like a quad Mali T-604.

I wonder when we'll see the Adreno 305.

Won't really know how that stacks up until we see Halti and GLBenchmark 3.0 as well as something to which to compare, like a quad Mali T-604.

I wonder when we'll see the Adreno 305.

GLBenchmark 2.5 will be a good start, but I agree that GLBenchmark 3.0 will judge it's true potential considering that 320 is Halti type(class?) GPU according to all the informations we got till now.
Adreno 305 will come early next year when qcom decides to put their Krait SoC's to mass market devices, so probably when TSMC improves their yields ;-)

Wasn't already disclosed that the Adreno 305 would have Adreno 220 performance but with the DX11 compliance?

Wasn't already disclosed that the Adreno 305 would have Adreno 220 performance but with the DX11 compliance?

According to all the informations that were disclosed up till now it should be like that.

With some 'driver magic' it could become very good entry market SoC considering that with that kind of performance it will be more powerful than tegra2. And if Grey really is improved tegra2 with baseband then it could have a problem matching 305 performance.

I was under the impression that Qualcomm would not have a GPU with DX 11 compliance for a while?

Yes i think that is early drivers, Qualcomm shipped some dreadfull drivers for the Adreno 220 last year that spoiled its performance in a number of games when compared to the competition, when in fact it was very comparable to a Mali 400 MP4 @ 266mhz, with the new drivers.

As this is a totally new architecture, drivers are going to play a massive role, we might even see a 40-50% improvement in some areas.

Does anyone have a clue how many units the 320 contains? Twice a 225 or else 16Vec4 ALUs and 4 TMUs?

I have no clue, but whatever it is built of it is good and can only get better :D

But seriously, you think that doubled number of units with improved compiler efficieny and some architectural changes to get Halti support would give it so much higher performance than 225?

Back