RAGE: That's actually what you do when trying to get the PC version to work

Made up my mind :D Guess it might take a day or two to fully download.

Could be potentially see a better ending with possible future DLC? im just surprised that 7 years was not enough to fully polish the game.

Yeah the game was great until you got to the second area. It just felt like they ran out of time. I get the feeling that they had a lot more planned for the 2nd part of the game but just didn't implement it. The first part was well flesh out and proceeded at a good pace. Then you get to the 2nd part and expect another well fleshed out experience only to see it feels rushed and incomplete.

Regards,
SB

I actually thought some of the best levels were on the second parts (canyon, subway, distillery). But I agree I wanted even more.

Davros that was funny I wish he showed what the DLC was :)

BTW am I the only one that liked the crazy taxi delivery service quests? Those were ridiculously fun for me and I wish they threw a bunch more in the game as well as had a more convoluted and interesting wasteland to do them in.

I actually thought some of the best levels were on the second parts (canyon, subway, distillery). But I agree I wanted even more.

Davros that was funny I wish he showed what the DLC was :)

Oh, the canyon level was absolutely fantastic.

But the 2nd part of the game is so short compared to the first part. Likewise there's so much that seems like there was more meant to happen. The members of the resistance for example. I get the feeling there was supposed to be more missions/things to do there at some point. In the wasteland there's that one like half of a ship that seems like it was meant to originally host another "dungeon". No sewers.

But basically it was all so short compared to the first part. Likewise leading up to the final mission, it mentions to prepare for something BIG. But there never ends up being anything big. And I don't consider
being mobbed by mutants that can be taken out easily with a shotgun
to be something BIG. :p

I just get the feeling they ran out of money. Sold themselves to Bethesda to raise more money. Ran out of time and money again. And just finished it as quickly as possible at that point.

The game was still a fantastic experience though. But then I'm a bit biased as going through my teen years in the 80's, I have a great fondness of post-apocalyptic movies and games.

Regards,
SB

I haven't got a link handy but I do recall reading that the oft mentioned town of GunBarrel was going to be in the game but for disc count/space reasons was pulled out. I'd like to think the mission density and variety suffered because of this.

I remember Gunbarrel being mentioned in the game, but I don't really remember reading about it much in the past. Do you remember where you read about it? I would like to find mention of it. It would have been nice though to have another town. They could do it as DLC or in the sequel I guess. You know from my signature I am not a fan of nickel and diming, but at the same time I don't mind the idea of large DLC. Especially if it could actually integrate into the world. For example if the wasteland could be extended to allow me to drive to gunbarrel it would be much more fun than if I had to take an airship. But I think the airship idea is probably sticking b/c of the console game disc issue.

So what's going on with AMD drivers and this game? 11.10 final has the flashing textures problem, 11.10 Preview version 3 works, but after an hour you loose all textures, apparently because you run out of memory and ID recommend you lower your screen res and AA settings? WTF, this game has been out ages, and there's still no proper fix for it?

I dunno don't have an AMD board to play about with anymore though I guess I could try it on my HTPC and see what happened. Steam has a "sale" on it now b/c asteroid yu33 passed the earth or something. store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

If I had a 360 pad (which I have meant to buy for the last 3 years) then I would set it up just to see what my HTPC can do, but the AMD IGP is probably really anemic.

I remember Gunbarrel being mentioned in the game, but I don't really remember reading about it much in the past. Do you remember where you read about it? I would like to find mention of it. It would have been nice though to have another town. They could do it as DLC or in the sequel I guess. You know from my signature I am not a fan of nickel and diming, but at the same time I don't mind the idea of large DLC. Especially if it could actually integrate into the world. For example if the wasteland could be extended to allow me to drive to gunbarrel it would be much more fun than if I had to take an airship. But I think the airship idea is probably sticking b/c of the console game disc issue.

It was in one of the conversations with John around the release of the game where he talked about the optimisations and choices made. He makes oblique reference to a 'whole mission hub' having to be removed from the game. Just can't remember which website it was doing the article...

Apparently id's waiting on a stable AMD driver release to test the detail texture patch internally before they release it.

Apparently id's waiting on a stable AMD driver release to test the detail texture patch internally before they release it.

They may be waiting a long time then. Perhaps forever. I doubt AMD really cares at the moment considering the paucity of openGL games around.

Well, Cat 11.11 quietly fixed more Rage stuff. What a sad show from AMD with that game.

Scew AMD, just release it so at least those of us with GPUs from a competent IHV can enjoy it.

Back