Sony Vita Games Thread

What is longlegs doing in a game set between R1and R2?
And he says 6 levels lasting 30 mins to an hour each !

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing so far that stood out negatively to me is that the Chimera drop like flies at the hands of a firefighter who only just first encounters them? So yeah I can imagine there may be some issues here with the fiction ... But I'm more interested in the gameplay and from that perspective I am more worried about how weak and dumb the Chimera seem to be here. Though that said, the PS3 games always seemed to have too steep a learning curve at the beginning, so this could also be a good thing if the difficulty ramps up.

Wow ! Just noticed that the store has been updated and now a LOT of the best psp games are available for $10 : Resistance : Retribution, Arctic Edge, both the GOW games, Socom, etc etc........!!!!! This is too tempting man, i have already bought Ys Seven and Monster Hunter freedom unite and all these gems are just too good to be missed :p ! What do I do? Which ones do I buy first ?
Frankly speaking I have always been in loce with psp games but never liked the PSP itself. Now that these are available on Vita........I think I'll have no money left for Vita games cos I would have spent all on PSP gems !!!

Hey guys, this Resistance Retribution game is awesome man, the MP is till alive :p ! And the "survival" mode being touted as new in Burning Skies already exists as "Assimilation" in Retribution ! Having a lot of fun in MP :cool: !

Skype available tomorrow:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/04/24/skype-coming-to-playstation-vita-on-25-april/

Supports video, skype out to real phones (I have Skype Out for work so that's useful for me), and can run in background mode of 'most' other apps and games (Unit 13 shown), where people can call you, but if you pick up then the game pauses.

3G is also supported, but some countries (read: providers in some countries I presume) may block this.

Looks pretty good btw, a lot like the iPad version.

Now all we need is Youtube. Unfortunately that has never even been talked about ... Sony be a good man and give it to us at E3 perhaps? Hmm.

Yeah, not having youtube means me shifting to my iPad for browsing.
I am also hopeful that PSSuite will mean all video format playback and full net browsing functionality.

BTW, enjoying Retribution MP a lot. It even has voice chat !

Yeah, not having youtube means me shifting to my iPad for browsing.
I am also hopeful that PSSuite will mean all video format playback and full net browsing functionality.

BTW, enjoying Retribution MP a lot. It even has voice chat !

Yup, like I said on the other thread, first thing that comes up in my mind is XBMC and possibly a browser.

Yup, like I said on the other thread, first thing that comes up in my mind is XBMC and possibly a browser.

Don't hold your breath though, I don't see these two happening with PS Suite anytime soon. It's not impossible, but for instance media codec stuff is on the to-do list for the SDK as far as I know. And memory might be too limited for a custom implementation of a browser.

Note that as I've said before, the Vita browser is HTML5 compliant enough for normal web-page use. It's just missing components for video and audio, and I can't help but wonder whether that is on purpose or not. They may still not have made up their mind about this, but it may also just not be finished yet. The Vita implementation of the PS Suite SDK platform seems to be only just ready with some parts not working yet, or working a little slow, where the Android version platforms are more mature.

I just got and tried the Skype App, and it's decent (though it shows up the bad quality of the Vita's camera), but it's still a tad laggy.

Bigger issue for me is that my regular Skype account has too many contacts for it to handle. It says out of memory because I have too many contacts and then closes down. I presume this has partly to do with being able to run in the background, but man, that's not great.

I have 54 contacts, and a fair number of them are online (I use Skype for work and private).

So I created a Vita specific account to test with.

I think Sony is rolling out 1 app per month or something like that? Maybe the dlna app will be for May. Too bad that thing doesn't support mkv by standard, nor rmvb.

Have to say , I recommend Resistance :Retribution to every Resistance fan out there. Has the perfect R:FOM vibe to visuals and story and plays great in SP and MP ! At $10, its a must buy !

Have to say , I recommend Resistance :Retribution to every Resistance fan out there. Has the perfect R:FOM vibe to visuals and story and plays great in SP and MP ! At $10, its a must buy !

And it's much easier to play on the Vita with the right stick mapped to the right pad. That was the thing that put me off playing it on my PSP. I could never get my head around the controls!!

ya, its one of the best in the series, only thing that is bad is the VA, "bloody frogs!" and "Stupid midget!"

I find that funny actually :D ! I think its one of its charms, those strange british dialogues ! I really like Protagonist Grayson, he is reckless and cheesy, something that hasn't been seen in any other Resistance games ! Find him and his stupid dialogues refreshing in an otherwise sombre universe of RFOM.

Back