Ipad 2 now or wait for ipad3

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
I am really unsure. I initially planned waiting for iPad 3. However I could get it from the us right now for cheap. (30% discount to Norway) But then again the money isn't really important, even though it's always nice to get something cheap.

I kinda have a feeling that iPad 3 will be significantly more powerful (high def retina will need more power , right??) it's also not that far away right? Q1 2012??

I'm gonna use it for some gaming in addition to the usual stuff!

If money is not an issue, then get 2 now and 3 later. If you can get 2 cheaply from US, you wont even lose much when you resell the old iPad around the next launch. Apple products tend to keep their resell value pretty well.

If you NEED one now, buy it now. If you don't need it, wait. iPad 3 looks - according to rumors, so it might all be BS - to be a substantial upgrade, so waiting may well be worth it. I'm absolutely going to wait, by the way.

In any case, the iPad's weakness isn't really the hardware, that's solid already, it's the software. Apple has no clear direction in UI design, no widget support on the home screen and so on. Maybe you should go Android instead? :LOL:

Nobody needs an ipad :D
but everyone needs a iCarpet
c0150860_11313055.jpg
:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the iBoard and the iCarpet are not right. They should still only have about 20 icons on the screen.

I read some editorial yesterday that the failure of the HP TouchPad and RIM PlayBook are pushing Apple to sit on the iPad3 for a bit...why update if you're the only game in town?

I read some editorial yesterday that the failure of the HP TouchPad and RIM PlayBook are pushing Apple to sit on the iPad3 for a bit...why update if you're the only game in town?

Increasing numbers of Android tablets are being released each month and we are beginning to see good-quality budget models which are priced much cheaper than iPads. Although Apple may have seen off the 'big names' in the tablet market, I think it would be an error to rest on their laurels. Android phones are outselling iPhones considerably and I don't think it will be too long before the Android tablets are doing the same to the iPad. Apple still have enough of the tablet market (which, of course, they created), that they can afford to push the boundaries - if the iPad3 does offer a really high-res screen, they will have the jump on all the other manufacturers and maintain the halo product in the tablet market. I really can't see them delaying the iPad3.

For Android, Ice Cream Sandwich is scheduled for release in a month or two which should bring improvements some over Honeycomb and Gingerbread improving both the Android tablet and phone experience. The only problem then is whether any of the tablet/phone manufacturers actually bother to provide upgrades to ICS for older devices. :rolleyes:

Most likely, we'll have to wait for the amateur enthusiasts to develop their own ROMs supporting ICS. CyanogenMod 8, anybody?

Back