post something that people usually don't know about your country

Like all other Australians, I have (and we DO) fought with Kangaroos.

The trick is to go for the tail first!

Like all other Australians, I have (and we DO) fought with Kangaroos.

The trick is to go for the tail first!
aye, grammer! though I did catch a king brown snake by the tail (ala steve urwin) once now after 30 secs of him rearing up and ttrying strike me it just froze and hung there
mate a better 'fact' would be(*), 90% of the time if your in oz, the 'roos you see are in fact are wallabies

(*)well bvetter as in closer to the truth ;)

The U.K

The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple

The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes

Britain is the only country in the world which doesn’t have the country’s name in its postage stamps

Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliament.

In 1647 the English Parliament abolished Christmas

A law passed in 1585, making it illegal for women to “cause a nuisance with abusive or argumentative language”. A woman guilty of scolding had to wear a scold’s bridle, or metal cage, enclosing her head. The Criminal Law Act of 1967 finally abolished the punishment, and women may now scold freely

Everyone knows Arnold Schwarzenegger, but its a myth that he went to USA because of his career.
It was all a humanitarian act to significantly raise the average IQ in both Austria and the USA.

One thing people *don't* know about the US?
We have people (a few) with higher IQs than their pets.

I know, I know...hard to believe, but true.

While I'm not Scottish, I lived there for most of my adult life and feel they're a bit underepresented in the thread.

The Scottish highlands are home to a giant turkey known as the Capercaillie and these psychotic beasts will chase and attack human wanderers through the pine forests.

The 3 legged Haggis (pl. Haggi) are not real. They've only 2 legs.

Denmark is the oldest monarchy of the Western world and until the 19th century controlled most of Northern Europe.

In 1989 Denmark became the first European country to legalize same-sex marriages with same rights as heterosexuals.

Denmark have the oldest, still in use, flag of the entire world.

When Walt Disney visited Copenhagen and went to Tivoli (which happens to be one of the oldest in the world as well), he got so excited that he decided to make something similar: Disney Land.

You can buy Danish Bacon in more than 100 countries world-wide.

Wales should not be ignored either ... Manic Street Preachers, Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones are all from Wales.

The welsh language is part of the Celtic family and has similarities to sanskrit. This may be due to the influence of Welsh gypsies.

Meet you at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch train station!

The first wireless transmission took place in Wales.

Everyone knows Arnold Schwarzenegger, but its a myth that he went to USA because of his career.
It was all a humanitarian act to significantly raise the average IQ in both Austria and the USA.

:LOL:

That is good, really good!

Back