Déjà vu: PC Borderlands 2 won't suck

Aside from the idiocy with the menu control scheme, I didn't have much issue with BL1 on PC. Of course, when I got into it the game was pretty much finished...

If you watch one of the interview videos above, Randy Pitchford says in the last game they started with very cartoony graphics, and kept tweaking them and things turned out more realistic than they wanted.
Actually, he said the graphics weren't looking like the concept art, so they went back and tweaked the game to match. The game had a far more realistic look when they first showed it:

Still wish they would have gone with that look. the cartoony art style they picked is kind of... shit.

Or at least gone with a better cartoony art style.

Still wish they would have gone with that look. the cartoony art style they picked is kind of... shit.

Or at least gone with a better cartoony art style.

There was a way of turning off the outline filter, which suddenly made the game look much more realistic. You can edit some ini files or there even is a ready made tool that does it for you.

There was a way of turning off the outline filter, which suddenly made the game look much more realistic. You can edit some ini files or there even is a ready made tool that does it for you.

Really? Can you guide me to it? will it work on steam version with online play?

As for what Randy said was that with Borderlands 1 they had started with a realistic style and changed to the cartoony style very late in dev cycle, so they could not achieve it that well. With Borderlands 2, since they knew from the onset, so they went all the way and implemented it from the get go.

He keeps saying the game looks like concept art but , from the videos, daylight and nighttime, it looks like a comic book. Not bad, but it looks too cluttered and over coloured to me.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
New Borderlands 2 trailer, "Come And Get Me":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gar3GRYYYaQ">YouTube Link</a>

Honestly...must be the best game in the world!!! Can't wait...

Borderlands 2 is bundled now with NVIDIA GPUs 660Ti and above. I just bought a 670, but I didn't know about the promo then and I didn't order from one of the participating retailers (D&H). :(

Borderlands 2 has gone gold.

I'm happy to announce that Borderlands 2 is gold on Xbox 360, PS3 in Europe, PS3 in North America and Windows PC!

Soon, PS3 Japan, PSN for various territories and other additional platforms will achieve Gold status.

I first posted this information on my twitter account: @DuvalMagic (https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic)

Once everything is clearly locked down and final, there will likely be an official press release or announcement with confirmation and further details.

Gold status is achieved after a candidate is submitted to the first parties for certification and after the first parties have all examined the release candidate and signed off on the code as final, conforming to their standards for performance and quality, free of flaws and suitable for manufacturing.

The next step is manufacturing (or preparing and propping the digital software to digital networks as the case may be) after which the game will be shipped to retail (or unlocked for synchronized digital release) in time for the previously announced launch date one month from today!

Today, the Gearbox team is celebrating back in Gearbox HQ in Dallas while several away team members are in Germany sharing the game at Gamescom and myself, Chris Faylor and Brent Friedman have been hitting up Japan, Asia and Australia to share the game with fans and press.

I'll be in San Antonio week after next for the Game Stop event and at PAX Prime with both Borderlands 2 and Aliens Colonial Marines before bring everything back home for the awesome weekend before the launch where we're going to host Gearbox Community Day, a Charitable Celebrity Poker Tournament and the Borderlands 2 Extravaplosion Launch Party.

If you happen to be able to get to Dallas for the events, it's going to be incredible with lots of fun and entertainment and celebration as well as exclusive information about future developments and behind-the-scenes information and access.

Details here: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday/

There's an interesting bit at towards the end of the last video where the interviewers ask about something Randy Pitchford said previously ie, he's wondered why no one has tried to copy Borderlands. Pitchford says he's heard on good information that one of the big games developers has a project on the go that they are internally referring to as a "Borderlands Killer". Pitchford hopes that some of the stuff they've done in Borderlands 2 will give them pause to rethink.

Borderlands was such a pleasant surprise to me. I'll be there Day 1 for B2.

Regarding imitators, I thought (hoped) Rage would be the first. Nope.

Back