Internet Connection Speed

here is my slow internet connection :p
1467765776.png

1469408099.png

Uncapped, cable.

It's 66 Euro/month, including phone and digital TV (both of which I don't use).

1469408099.png

Uncapped, cable.

It's 66 Euro/month, including phone and digital TV (both of which I don't use).
1463316079.png
A few days old but speed is pretty much the same nonetheless. I get that + TV + phone for around 28€/month including renting the modem. Also uncapped, I've had months when download+upload exceed a couple of TB's and haven't heard any complaints :)

You guys and your fast internet sicken me.

1471454781.png

Why complain about 30/2? That's definitely a good speed for home use, hardly need anything higher. Coming from Australia I think I'm spoilt here in the US for bandwidth and limits.

That's definitely a good speed for home use, hardly need anything higher.
I kind of like the ability to host family photos and videos off from my home PC, similarly using it as network storage is convenient. For a while I had my home MP3 collection mounted to my work PC and cellphone over SSH so I could listen to whatever I had at home without having to move it to the devices.

Though I admit that's hardly what you'd consider normal usage.

I would definitely use the upload for remote storage as well, if it was faster. Being used to a 1Gb network, 10Mb definitely feels very slow.

Since we are including work speeds

This is my normal work connection:
1476983003.png

This is from my remote console (barely has processing power to run the speedtest.net page & weirdly I get reverse results on less intensive speed test):
1476981117.png

Why complain about 30/2? That's definitely a good speed for home use, hardly need anything higher. Coming from Australia I think I'm spoilt here in the US for bandwidth and limits.

Nah not complaining still staggering to see people getting those ridiculous speeds at residential locations :) I am a big torrenter and all the anime i grab from fansubs and sports events that BBC and Eurosport cover in HD and all that is just perfect with this connection. Would I like more speed?! Who wouldn't! :) But I am quite happy with that connection though. Would have loved for a bit more upload speed actually.

No decent cable packages? :eek:

I don't have a contract, so I'm going to look into cable, but it's a pain in the ass to take time off work for installers etc. Plus, I'm in an apartment in a walk-up that's over 100 years old, so I'd have to get permission from my landlord to get a cable run into the apartment, if there isn't one that I've missed already.

Back