FLV converter or Adobe Premiere CS 5.

I heard from someone who uses Adobe Premiere 5 that the program's FLV converter is amazing. They could compress 10 minutes of footage to around 100 MB @720p with no lost in quality. Is this possible? Is so, are there stand alone programs out there that can do that?

I found a few free ones but none of them gave me the results I'm looking for. Anyone know other converters? I'm a novice video maker so there's no way I'm spending money on Premiere just to use the FLV converter, but what about Adobe Elements? Does that have a similarly powerful FLV converter? That I can afford.

See http://www.doom9.org/

You have a super-steep learning curve ahead
Smile-izmena.gif

Wait, what am I suppose to be learning? I just want to know if there is an alternative to spending 300+ dollars for one feature. I just want to use it for video making on youtube and save bandwidth if the compression is indeed as good as someone told me.

Did you even look where I suggested that you look? Lots and lots of information on free software and guides on how to use it.

Also, since you now reveal that you're apparently solely interested in making videos for upload to Youtube, I suppose it's worth pointing out that Youtube probably re-compresses your content anyway. I know Youtube was using x264 (at fairly harsh settings) to re-compress content, but I don't know what happens currently.

Adobe Premiere uses what is available in Adobe Media Encoder.

You can download the 30-day free trial and give it a spin.

Did you even look where I suggested that you look? Lots and lots of information on free software and guides on how to use it.

I did. I took a quick browse and didn't find anything on flv. I did a search on their forums and firefox blocked the place saying the links are untrusted. *shrugs*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame you or anything. I was just a bit confused since stuff was blocked by FF. Probably a false alarm. I'll go browse deeper into the site then.

Also, since you now reveal that you're apparently solely interested in making videos for upload to Youtube, I suppose it's worth pointing out that Youtube probably re-compresses your content anyway. I know Youtube was using x264 (at fairly harsh settings) to re-compress content, but I don't know what happens currently.

Yeah, I'm mainly just looking for a way to retain good quality while making the file size smaller. Youtube does convert, but I have to upload a big file for them to convert. If I can shrink the size and retain amazing quality before hand, this will make it easier for me to convert it myself and upload the files and save the conversion process.

Adobe Premiere uses what is available in Adobe Media Encoder.

You can download the 30-day free trial and give it a spin.

Ok cool, I'll give it a try.

Back