iPad 2 ! Please suggest good games !!!

Just got an iPad 2 and want to know what are your favourite games on it. Since Handheld games are to be discussed in console section now, so I have created this thread here. And , I think IPad is pretty much a console now!

So, would like to know what to buy, what to get for free. All genres, want to try everykind of stuff. What does B3D play on their iPads !!!!!:cool:

Everybody knows Angry Birds now ;), but I need to go beyond that !

My most played games in no particular order.

Ascension. Chronicle of the Godslayer. (card stacking game)
Infinity Blade (from EPIC/Chair)
Mirrors Edge (EAGames)
MX Mayhem HD
Puzzle Quest 1 & 2
Scrabble (EAGames)
Spirit HD
Real Racing 1 & 2

Think they all have free/demo versions so you can try them out :)

Heavy Mach HD and Heavy Mach 2 HD
DoDonPachiR
Sky Combat
AeroWings
Cut the Rope
Burn the Rope
Fragger
Osmos
Labyrinth 3D
Jenga
Cash Cab
iStunt 2
Gravity Guy
Blobster
Equilibrio
Glass Tower 2
Cat Pysics
Physics
Toy Balls
Tiny Wings
Uno
Wheel of Fortune
JellyCar 3
fingerBalance

A lot of the listed games are the iPhone version but there may be iPad specific versions available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ! Lots of suggestions :) ! Any good 3d games out there !

Also, the iPad is heavy! Can't get used tom playing with both hands ! :(

Puzzle Agent 1 and 2
Good games, reasonably funny, relaxing to play in bed before you go to sleep(instead of a (regular) book).

Also, Superbrothers: Swords and Sorcery EP just to see what it's about.

Everyone in my family :love: Plants vs Zombies. It's a tower defense game.

My son likes Cut the Rope, Angry Bird, Monopoly, Scrabble and that flying-bird-from-island-to-island game (I forgot the name. Will get back later).

A new Cut the Rope Experiments game was just released recently. Also if you like tower defense type games take a look at Army of Darkness.

Puzzle Agent 1 and 2
Good games, reasonably funny, relaxing to play in bed before you go to sleep(instead of a (regular) book).

Also, Superbrothers: Swords and Sorcery EP just to see what it's about.

Bought puzzle agent 1 ! Haven't played it yet. i am in love withn'Forget Me Not' right now ! Lovely ! Also bought Monster Dash for my niece. she keeps playing the lit version of Cut the Rope, so, I guess I'll have to buy that. Also bought Garage Band :) ! Will try it out later.

IPad is mainly for work though. Does anyone know any good word processor for iPad where I can transfer the files later to PC? I would like to have a system where I create doc files on my IPad and later transfer them to PC. Help needed here !

Last edited by a moderator:
A new Cut the Rope Experiments game was just released recently. Also if you like tower defense type games take a look at Army of Darkness.

I had downloaded Army of Darkness last night. its pretty different from the usual Tower defence. Trying it out.

BTW, The RAGE game by ID isn't available on the indian store :( !!!!

Sentinel 3
Death Rally
HomeDefender
Robokill
MetalStorm

Played Robokill and colour me impressed! I think its the best twin stick shooter implementation on the iPad from what I have tried uptill now. Very very smooth and fun, and polished too.
I have downloaded Metalstorm, will try it out.

Whats Home Defender like?is it a tower defence or a shooter?

How's Bit.Trip Beat ? Heard its something cool ported over from Wii !

Also, made some music in Garage Band :D ! It aint a game but it can be ! And its very fun too on the iPad. I hope they add violins to it , though. I love Violins, but they don't seem to exist in it :( !

Yap we like Garage Band too. I saved some creations made by my son when he was two. :)

Might want to keep an eye on Sound Shapes if you like Garage Band. It looks like a marriage of side scroller and Garage Band.

Yap we like Garage Band too. I saved some creations made by my son when he was two. :)

Might want to keep an eye on Sound Shapes if you like Garage Band. It looks like a marriage of side scroller and Garage Band.

Have got too much on my ipad right now, and anyways its mainly for work(but you know how it is with us gamers;), there have to be games on anything with a display:D ), thats the only way I spent so much money on it as its needed for work. Also got Office2 HD so that I can finally make those docs without my PC now.

Does Sound Shapes have a lite version I can try?
Also, I bought Tiny Wings on ur recommendation, and its sweet:smile: and looks damn cool ! Wish it was HD though, as now I have to zoom in and play.

Ha ha, I forgot Sound Shapes is for Vita only at this point. :oops:

I remember TinyWings because a friend introduced it to my son. Both of them are hooked. I don't think it's a deep game, but good for passing time. They are competing with each other to see how many nests they can collect.

EDIT: Is there a Carcassonne game for iPad ?

Btw, can u guys share your Gamecentre ids. Its. Pretty lonely out there on the ios network!

Mine is : RenegadeRocks.
Add me up please :cool: !

Back