Any IE users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, a web "IQ" test, most of which are only vaguely related to testing your IQ in the first place? :D

And as mentioned later in the article the "average" IQ that website stated for IE users would include many IQ levels that would make it difficult to do something like buying food and other such simple daily tasks. Rendering them unlikely to even know how to use a computer.

Unless you seriously think that many of the IE users are unable to operate a car or buy food from the local produce store, I think I'll side with that Cambridge professor in stating the findings from that website are highly flawed. Amusing certainly but nothing to be taken even remotely seriously.

Regards,
SB

That article is just an interpretation. SB, you really shouldn't base your judgments solely on that.

As quoted there, the implication is rather: "You have lower IQ-> there is a bigger chance you use IE". That's rather a no-brainer, actually. I therefore hope you were not tempted in affirming the consequent, like those guys threatening with the lawsuit were ;) . (IMHO, the lawsuit is what's really funny in that piece of news)

And yes, I am using Opera. allday :D

Predictably, not every one is jumping quite as fast to retract it as they did in publishing it.

Speaking of browsers, why does every (major, at least) browser have a logo that's circular, more or less?

I personally feel that's very weird. Seems the trend started way back at the beginning with Mosaic which had a prominent circular design element in the logo, then Netscape, and then IE's "e" logo of course which isn't entirely round, but certainly has a circular overall look. Same with the Firefox foxhead thingy they use. Not sure how old Safari is, or if it's always had a compass as a symbol. Chrome's logo is pretty much as circular as you can get.

Opera just uses the initial for its logo, does it not? Pretty round as well, methinks. :p

Who have I forgotten and who's the exception to the rule? PS3s web browser for example doesn't count IMO as it doesn't have any real name, nor does it have any noticeable market share either.

I used IE and have a BSc in Astronomy and Geology, an Msc in Computing and now work in banking. I have no mortgage ( paid it off) and no debts at all.

Yes I am really dumb.

I'd believe it. Dumb people will use the default browser found on the computer because they are too dumb to install the other ones.

Yeah, just like dumb people use the default mouse driver on a computer because they're too dumb to install another one.

Yup. Truth!

Ugh, this is a hoax, and the level of discourse seems to be going in the gutter. Bye bye thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back