Lots of cards covered here...

I hate pass-thru adds that whenever I click "[skip]" it takes me back to the add... and back to the add again... and back to the add again... and after a minute or two I give up because I cant get to the site.

Hmmm...when I hit the skip ad button it went away just fine. I should have put up a disclaimer about the ad ;)

ive been getting several ad's that look and function exactly like that the past three days. not one of them have i been able to get through.

What ads are you talking about? There is just a (quite small) ad at the top of the page for me.
Though I agree the tables are really very confusing to read. Of course, ati adds to that confusion with 5 different 9800 cards (9800pro, 9800 non-pro, 9800SE 256bit, 9800SE 128bit, 9800 pro lite).

Still, the Pro Lite looks like a very nice card. Only max 5% slower with FSAA, and 70 euro cheaper !!

This is the first I have heard of a 9800 Pro lite. And as far as I could read it is 380/340 just as the regular Pro, but on a 9700 Pro PCB. So why is it slower than 9800 Pro ?

cthellis42 said:
<sigh> I hate pass-thru ads that aren't properly formatted for Opera. -_-

Wow, another Opera user - there are two of us! ;)
Try again though. They must have removed the ad, I came straight to the article.

Tokelil said:
This is the first I have heard of a 9800 Pro lite. And as far as I could read it is 380/340 just as the regular Pro, but on a 9700 Pro PCB. So why is it slower than 9800 Pro ?
Probably different memory timings?

Back