What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing MW3, which I don't much care for. It's the weirdest thing. I have Dark Souls, the DMC collection and Read Dead Redemption, all of which are "objectively" better...yet...I find that all really want to do at the end of the work day is shoot some bros in the face and cap some flags. I'd just rather have an utterly mediocre FPS experience than a high-quality anything-else experience.

I've been playing a little bit of RE5 again and the real time cutscenes still blow me away for such an old game. Truly fantastic character models and performance capture at work.

I'm playing MW3, which I don't much care for. It's the weirdest thing. I have Dark Souls, the DMC collection and Read Dead Redemption, all of which are "objectively" better...yet...I find that all really want to do at the end of the work day is shoot some bros in the face and cap some flags. I'd just rather have an utterly mediocre FPS experience than a high-quality anything-else experience.

I can understand that, even though I also whine all the time about the endless stream of derivative shooters. Back in my CS/Q3/mods heyday... there's just something classic about the whole experience, the headshots, the chitchat, the pacing of it all... I actually liked Tribes a little less because of the frenetic pace, even though it was a fantastic game... I still get the urge, every once in awhile, to go back, to see what modspeople are up to, to blow up some heads and talk some trash... but I resist, because the learning curve is just something I don't have time for right now. But I understand, there's something special about it... I even miss typing "gg" whether i meant it or not ;)

"Deathsmiles"
... on my phone. Who'd have thought touchscreens were a decent way to navigate a ship (or a loli witch in the case of Deathsmiles) in a bullet hell shmup? - Certainly not me. But guess what, it's working pretty damn well.

Batman Arkham City : A surprisingly fun game. I did not like Asylum at all, got bored to death, but this one's fun ! Ws lying around in my PS+ library for more than a year now. AC4's atrocious combat made me rty this and I think I am not going back to AC4 now. Maybe on the ps4 for the graphics.

I'm replaying the 2008 Prince of Persia game at the moment. Nolan North's prince is way more obnoxious than I remembered him being, but I still love the game. So pretty and effortless.

Finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja mode a few days ago and while the game is definitely unpolished and has some questionable design decisions it still is a freakin' awesome game overall IMO, now I'm playing Rez HD and Battleblock Theater.

Next week I'll get a Mario & Luigi U Wii U pack, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Zombi U and of course Super Mario 3D World so for the next two months I'm gonna dive deep into Nintendo only territory. :p

R~ E~ S~ O~ G~ U~ N~~

[If I had time, I could do an ASCII art of the game. Just put lotsa '.' all over the place]

AC4, finished KZ. My kid is on his second play though of Knack, I've hardly played myself. I also tried Warframe, Blacklight and started BF4 SP.

I'm also playing Tearaway on my Vita. Too many games and no time :(

Tearaway, Rayman Legends, NFS Rivals, AC4, Resogun, Killzone SF and Lego Marvel SH. Too many games but fortunately all great and there is some time to spare.

I've been playing the new Tomb Raider on X360...man what a pleasant surprise. Visuals are pretty amazing for current gen. It's a very long game too. It's more fun and looks better than uncharted IMO. Haven't tried the MP yet but it should be fun as well.

I liked Tomb Raider more than Uncharted 1 and 3, but I liked Uncharted 2 more. In terms of graphics, Uncharted 2 and 3 > Tomb Raider IMO. All of them are great though.

Family is playing Epic Mickey with Move controller !

The kid picked the game as one of his Christmas presents.

Trying to learn how to play Madden 25, so far I suck. I want to beat my friend though...

I finished AC4, so I'm taking a break on anything that requires too much time. I'm working through Mercenaries, but man I had to restart the mission after updating the Vita firmware, no mid mission saves? Game is hard on normal too.

Finally finished the Last of Us. Epic game. Was struggling with the "David encounter", but
a brick
did the trick. I can live with the ending.

Also did some BF4 on my PS4. Like the pace, but compared to the Last Of Us it's really mindless shoot, look, run, more shooting, kill some chinese dudes, more chinese dudes and hopla the level it's over... in other words.. it's like playing a game like a zombie instead of killing zombies with lots of emotions ;)

I just finished Ghost Recon FS on X360...great campaign. The sounds of the different guns are very good and distinct. The extensive weapons customization are great having a real impact on the feel of how each one behaves. Graphics look really good too. MP maps are pretty big and nicely designed but there's nobody playing online anymore. I think the core gameplay from The Division will be similar to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back