What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Remember Me. Drop dead gorgeus game. I don't think I've ever seen an Unreal Engine 3 game quite so lavishly detailed before. Too bad that presentation is pretty much its only strong point. Gameplay is very conentional (lots of third rate Arkham City-esque combat with some light traversal sections in between) and rather dull, the writing is mostly atrocious, and the whole thing can be completed in one or two afternoons. It's also the new benchmark as far as level-tubes are concerned. It's so narrow and claustrophobic it makes Uncharted look like an open-world game. Heck, real tubes at least afford two ways of movement. Remember Me is pretty much forward-only.

Has this game anything to do with Mirrors Edge?

I'm trying to get caught up on X360 games before Xbox One, so I'm finally getting around to Fable II. LOL

Had a really fun time with that game, then I tried to play Fable 3 but stopped playing after an hour...can't wait to play Fable Anniversary this fall though, looks like a competent remake and a lot of people think that it's also the best game in the series.

Now back on topic I got Hotline Miami on PSN a few days ago and it's a great port, loved the PC version last year and playing it again for a second time is equally awesome.

Besides that I completed Metro Last Light on 360 yesterday which is the best FPS game I've played since the first Bioshock and one of the top 5 best looking games of this gen...the atmosphere is amazing, lots and lots of different environments that are filled with detail (art direction is superb) & excellent pacing with very good balance between action and tense/quiet moments.

4A Games really outdid themselves with this one, give this game a chance guys you won't regret it.

Besides that I completed Metro Last Light on 360 yesterday which is the best FPS game I've played since the first Bioshock and one of the top 5 best looking games of this gen...the atmosphere is amazing, lots and lots of different environments that are filled with detail (art direction is superb) & excellent pacing with very good balance between action and tense/quiet moments.

4A Games really outdid themselves with this one, give this game a chance guys you won't regret it.

Sounds interesting. Any idea why the reviews were so mixed on it?

Playing Ni no Kuni and loving it. Makes me wanna go re-watch Ghibli movies.

Ya ! I need to get back to it. I was hooked untill LOU came along and ripped me aprt ! But now Gt6 demo has me staring at asphalt all the time :LOL: ! Will get to you NinoKuni, its just amazing to play that game ! So sweet and beautiful ! and then you look out towards the ocean and realise you are going to many more places too ! I still have to get my ship !

Sounds interesting. Any idea why the reviews were so mixed on it?

I checked metacritic and the problems that the press had with the game seemed to be the lack of originality (lol) and the AI, the enemy AI is definitely not the best out there but it's an improvement over the first game and it's not creating any problems like in the first game where enemies for example could hear you when they clearly shouldn't. Now about the lack of originality the game is clearly inspired by Half Life 2 and it shows but I can hardly call that a negative. :p

I'd say that if you want a truly immersive (I hate when they say that but it's totally true for this game) experience with great atmosphere, an interesting story, amazing art direction and top notch pacing give it a try.

BTW I got Forza Horizon two days ago for 1200 points at the latest (pretty good) sale on Xbox Live and I have to say that I'm really impressed by it, it plays wonderful and it looks absolutely amazing (IQ in particular is the best I've seen this gen).

QUEST FOR BOOTY !!!

Such a fun game !!! I hadn't played past the first level ever since I got it free after th epsn outage, had got stuck actually. I played it today and this is so much fun :) ! Much more than those full $60 Ratchet games ! I am still in Morrow Caverns, but this so makes me wish that we should have got a Ratchet game as a PS4 launch title, rather than Knack ! Recently watched a video of Knack and it didn't look much fun, whereas RnC has evolved over the years and it has that amazing fluidity and thrid person adventure as well as shooter gameplay to it.

Here's hoping Insomniac is working on a RnC game. We know the Resistance3 team is making Sunset Overdrive, and FUSE just got over. So that leaves the All4One team which hasn't shown anything since then.

Finished it ! A short game, but a lot of fun :D ! Good game. Maybe I should go find a copy ACIT too. But my gt5 is arriving soon, so better hold it off for sometime.

Well I've just finished Ico and, whisper it quietly, but I think it's a tad over-rated. I mean it's a nice little game, but I'm not sure it deserves the almost reverential praise that some people heap on it.

Started Shadows of the Colossus now so we'll see how that goes.

im stuck playing GT6.
was playing a stage on Project X Zone but i lend my 3DS to my friend.

@gerry
SoS played on PCSX2 gave nice graphic and gameplay boost :D (much stable fps).

I checked metacritic and the problems that the press had with the game seemed to be the lack of originality (lol) and the AI, the enemy AI is definitely not the best out there but it's an improvement over the first game and it's not creating any problems like in the first game where enemies for example could hear you when they clearly shouldn't. Now about the lack of originality the game is clearly inspired by Half Life 2 and it shows but I can hardly call that a negative. :p

I'd say that if you want a truly immersive (I hate when they say that but it's totally true for this game) experience with great atmosphere, an interesting story, amazing art direction and top notch pacing give it a try.

BTW I got Forza Horizon two days ago for 1200 points at the latest (pretty good) sale on Xbox Live and I have to say that I'm really impressed by it, it plays wonderful and it looks absolutely amazing (IQ in particular is the best I've seen this gen).

I'm not sure where I fall on the spectrum of racing fans but I'm going to say that Forza Horizon is quite literally my favorite racer ever at the moment. My son and I are completely hooked. If MSFT were smart they would make this one of the free Gold games over the next couple months and they could, on a single platform basis, compete easily with Need For Speed; Horizons should easily be a multi-million sold-through title!

Recieved my copy of A Crack in Time ! Couldn't finish it the last time as my ps3 had died midway and I had to sell all th egames to get a new ps3. But now its back baby :cool: ! Time to get those Gold Bolts and upgrade m Sonic Blaster again !

Still playing NintendoLands with my wife, trying to get Perfects for each of the Zelda Battle Quest levels...

Switching between SoTC and Catherine at the moment. I can't help but feel that Catherine would be a better game if they concentrated on the core block-puzzle gameplay and ignored all the other nonsense that seems to go on.

I felt the exact opposite. Heck, if it was up to me I would have made this into an anime and not a game. That thing was just so damn frustrating to play.

I'm currently playing The Wait for Dragon's Crown. Also playing Man-child hovering over the Purchase Button for Soul Sacrifice with his Index Finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back