What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The version I got came with Undead Nightmare, so I'll probably do play that soonish. I think you and I are friends already :) I'm more of a single player guy, but heh poker does sound kind of fun :)

Awesome. My son just bought his own disc of Red Dead with Undead Nightmare too. He couldn't play Undead on his own system since I bought it digital on mine. Hopefully that gets fixed on XB1. Anywho! :) Already friends? Probably. You must be using a different Gamertag. Anyway, send us a message. Undead Overrun is awesome.

Tommy McClain

I'm catching up on some older titles so right now I'm playing Fallout 3, Pinball FX2 (I see you Al:devilish:), and still doing FIFA12.

:) My favorite game of all time. Now go get the 100% complete achievement, that was hard. There is so much you probably haven't finished. Then get Undead Nightmare. :) BTW, are you 360 or PS3? If 360, me(AzBat360) & Rancidlunchmeat love to play multiplayer, send us friend request & let us know if you're interested in playing. We love poker. :)

Tommy McClain
I wonder if you tried Call of Juarez 1 or CoJ: Bound in Blood. Just curious...

I wonder if you tried Call of Juarez 1 or CoJ: Bound in Blood. Just curious...

I bought them both used back in March. Played part of the 1st level of CoJ1, but haven't touched any of them since. I also got the Gunslinger demo last week. Haven't tried it either. One of these days I'm going to finish them. ;) But I still need to finish Halo 4, Alan Wake & Monaco too. My stack is getting too tall. If I wait to get the XB1 after I finish those, then it might be another year before I get that system at this rate. LOL

Tommy McClain

I bought them both used back in March. Played part of the 1st level of CoJ1, but haven't touched any of them since. I also got the Gunslinger demo last week. Haven't tried it either. One of these days I'm going to finish them. ;) But I still need to finish Halo 4, Alan Wake & Monaco too. My stack is getting too tall. If I wait to get the XB1 after I finish those, then it might be another year before I get that system at this rate. LOL

Tommy McClain

I don't want to bump an ancient thread but I saw that Alan Wake Games On Demand version is only $5.00/400 points! I don't recall how long the sale lasts but if anyone hasn't bought/played this I definitely recommend it.

I don't want to bump an ancient thread but I saw that Alan Wake Games On Demand version is only $5.00/400 points! I don't recall how long the sale lasts but if anyone hasn't bought/played this I definitely recommend it.

Hrm, I just might have to give it a look see then. But... so many games already on my backlog... but ... such a great bargain. Arg! :LOL:

I wanted to buy when it first came out, but I bought Red Dead instead. I then forgot to come back to it later. I've been waiting on a good sale, but lucky for me I ended up getting it free after doing a Microsoft survey. :) Speaking of free I highly recommend using Bing Rewards for free Microsoft Points. I've received about $20 in free points since the beginning of the year. If you're really diligent you can get $5 a month. Don't sound real great, but hey it's better than Xbox Rewards & I'm not going to complain about free points. LOL

Tommy McClain

Hrm, I just might have to give it a look see then. But... so many games already on my backlog... but ... such a great bargain. Arg! :LOL:

Alan Wake is in my "How large of a Lottery do I need to win to fund a sequel?" category, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd have to revisit the thread we had here to see as to why some didn't care for it. But AW is certainly the reason I'm quite excited about Quantum Break. I've never played the XBLA title but I did purchase it some time ago.

Alan wake is on Humble Bundle sale too. Pay what u want for Alan Wake+American Nightmare + all extras ever made for it. It can't get cheaper than this, I mean u can pay $1 or even $0.01 ( no steam keys below $1 but u still get the game and funny image of indie devs asking for money ;), try entering a low amount to see that image ) if u want.

BTW, playing Nino Kuni again, after 12 hours in, the game has not even shown all of its game mechanics yet. Just reached the part where u meet Al-Khemi , I mean fight Al Khemi :D , i am sure he will teach me Alchemy after the fight.

The new Gears is an ultra fine looker! In my opinion this is the best looking X360 game this gen. Looks fantastic, gameplay is also as good as always.

Special kudos to the graphics of the cutscenes! Dare I wish that next gen brings us such graphics in realtime?

Maybe the only complaint: the new devs designed the levels in very short pieces. It thus feels a bit disconected, especially as after every section statistics pop up. Furthermore, lots of sections are Horde mode type...which is ok in principle, but gets a bit old after the 10th time. On the other hand there where some nice and cool sections so far and I like the declassified mechanics.

It is worth noting that one of the gameplay section featured some gas and was full of dust...it was so extremely good looking with all the lightning effects that I thought I already get a preview of our next gen future...

Finished it...was rather short imo, but very good! Except for the many Horde sections in the SP, it is Gears of War.

Special note: the game is imo easily one of the best looking consoles games available.

Mirrors Edge time trials and Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xbox. NG2 is hard.

Mirror's Edge and Ninja Gaiden 2 are amazing games, and yeah NG2 is cheap at times but still so much fun! best combat system (the beautiful gore helps a lot too) in an action game ever IMO.

Finished it...was rather short imo, but very good! Except for the many Horde sections in the SP, it is Gears of War.

Special note: the game is imo easily one of the best looking consoles games available.

I really enjoyed the Judgment campaign, the declassified missions twist made the game feel fresh and it's maybe the best Gears at co-op - I'll probably start my Insane run in the next days...Overrun mode is a lot of fun too.

Also I totally agree that the game is one of the best looking consoles games of this gen. The art direction is top notch, frame-rate is silky smooth even with a shit ton of enemies on screen and the IQ is very good.

Now what I'm playing lately? still monster hunting in Dark Arisen which is a really great game (still can't get why the game is only at the high 70's at metacritic), spend about an hour on Metro Last Light a few days ago and loved what I played and got Call of Juarez: Gunslinger because the demo was surprisingly good.

My backlog is growing and with all the games that are coming out on PS360 and my lack of excitement for the PS4/XB1 I see myself spending more time than I imagined with the current gen systems. :p

Summer break started this week. :)

First time seeing my wife and kid play LittleBigPlanet 2 together over the weekend. It's great to see them laugh loudly while toying with others' user levels. The built-in levels are more impressive than I thought.

I didn't get past the second level myself due to my work schedule. Glad to see them pull the game out to play.

Just slid out of Bioshock: Infinity and into Metro Lastlight. And at weekends I sit down with the boys and we play Ni No Kuni.

PERSONA ! Doo doo doo...

[size=-2]It might last a while...[/size]

Now that my little family is away. I am a gaming bachelor again.

Finished Remember Me. Drop dead gorgeus game. I don't think I've ever seen an Unreal Engine 3 game quite so lavishly detailed before. Too bad that presentation is pretty much its only strong point. Gameplay is very conentional (lots of third rate Arkham City-esque combat with some light traversal sections in between) and rather dull, the writing is mostly atrocious, and the whole thing can be completed in one or two afternoons. It's also the new benchmark as far as level-tubes are concerned. It's so narrow and claustrophobic it makes Uncharted look like an open-world game. Heck, real tubes at least afford two ways of movement. Remember Me is pretty much forward-only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back