What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Prototype 2 a couple days ago. Very nice game imo. I collected all the black boxes and did the Blacknet missions. The freedom of movement is very nice in this game and everything in general worked pretty well. The main character perhaps tried to sound like a bad ass a bit too much though :)

I fired up Red Dead Redemption as I haven't played it either. I've put maybe 2h into it so far. Seems good and quite a pretty game.

MP on GTA game is crazy on the unofficial MASSIVE multiplayer server :p

btw im playing Ghost Trick again. Wow how did they make that smooth 2D animation? Or is it 3D? Its like the smoothes animation on any NDS games.

Dragon's Dogma is a terrific game, and Dark Arisen is a phenomenal add-on. Bastard-hard too. I also have a really nice pawn for hire in case anyone's interested.
I am currently playing some Skyrim from time to time.

Lately I'm playing Metro 2033 :smile: -so addictive-, it keeps you SO engrossed and focused just like Dark Souls 'cos of the great, balanced difficulty level.

i play metro 2033 on pc and the bug scared me from playing it :(
steam already updated it to latest version but i never able to play without problems. so scary

Started playing Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine on XBLA today. It's definitely meant to be a co-op game. Plays a lot like Gauntlet with a little bit of Pac-man & Splinter Cell. Yeah that awesome. Rancid & I have been playing together. If anybody else is interested let us know(gamertag: AzBat360 & Rancidlunchmeat).

Tommy McClain

Dragon's Dogma is a terrific game, and Dark Arisen is a phenomenal add-on. Bastard-hard too. I also have a really nice pawn for hire in case anyone's interested.

Yes it is, I'm 30hrs in and loving the game...the combat system is excellent (Capcom's previous experience with the DMC games shows), music is awesome, the pawn system is really interesting, the world feels alive with so much motion everywhere, the enemies looks great, the inventory/equipment system is simple and works fine and the game gives you an incredible sense of exploration and adventure.

It also really helps that the game thus far isn't filled with cut-scenes, btw I'm level 26 and I'm playing on the 360.

Started playing Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine on XBLA today. It's definitely meant to be a co-op game. Plays a lot like Gauntlet with a little bit of Pac-man & Splinter Cell. Yeah that awesome. Rancid & I have been playing together. If anybody else is interested let us know(gamertag: AzBat360 & Rancidlunchmeat).

Tommy McClain

Really interested in this one (and good local co-op games in general), I'll definitely try out the trial later today.

Lord of the Rings War of the North PS3.

Graphics are not good even for a consol game, but game makes some fun when playing and combat is quite ok.

As I was pretty much bed-ridden for the last 6 days I decided to buy Dragon Age 2 from the PSN for a tenner. Wasn't really expecting much from it, but despite a rocky beginning and some ever-present and glaringly obvious issues it actually grew on me quite a bit. I actually liked the more personal story about the main character's personal involvement in the history of the racial and political powder keg that is the city state of Kirkwall an awful lot better than the tired unite-the-land-and-defeat-the-faceless-evil story from the first game. I also think it features some of Bioware's finest and most nuanced character writing to date. Your crew may not be as imminently likeable as the much more flamboyant and often rather stereotypical party in Dragon Age Origins, but over time they grew on me all the more. Guardswoman Aveline in particular is a wonderful character and I was really glad she stuck around with me to the bitter end.

None of that excuses the insane amount of asset recycling of course. The game's incredibly short turnaround time of 18 months couldn't be more apparent unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Dark Arisen, so back to my level 50+ guy from the original. Before that I was playing Amalur, but it got boring after 25 hours. I also got near the end of Uncharted Raider, I mean Tomb Raider. Great looking game, but ultimately it has no soul and is not much fun.

Finally collected all the plants in PvZ on Vita. It remains as one of my favorite games.

Started Soul Sacrifice but I may switch to P4G first.

yeah, despite all the hype Plants vs Zombies was the real deal. It's a classic console game, tight, simple, but with tons of graphic and audio nuance.

Played a bit more lord of the Rings War of the North.

Big warning: don't buy this game or even start playing it on PS3. I got hit by a gamebreaking bug, which does not let me progress in the story. I learned via google that I am not the only one with such a bug, lots of people have exactly the same bug. There is no fix from the devs available - they didn't care.

Waste of time. Utterly dissapointed in Snowblind Studios.

yeah, despite all the hype Plants vs Zombies was the real deal. It's a classic console game, tight, simple, but with tons of graphic and audio nuance.

Yeah, I restored my old backup. Saw that I'm still missing 2 plants. Decided to wrap it up quickly. :cool:

Playing GTA 4 now and , surprisingly, I am completely sucked into the game !!! Nico has soem magnetism in him that won't let me get up from the ps3 and makes me continue. Maybe, its the fact that he behaves like a human amongst all the 'cartoony' characters in there or maybe he is just a very well made character with very good lines, I don't know. But , finally , a GTA has worked its charm on me ! Never liked them, but this one seems good. Funny thta I had this game on PC since it launched, but the pc port is so bad that it was unlpayable and the game had created a very negative impression on me. But now that I am playing on the ps3, with a smooth framerate, it feels so good I don't want to stop ! ;)

The city , sometimes, is just beautiful, especially when it rains. Really moody and atmospheric. I had bought this just to have fun in the chaotic MP, but the SP has hooked me !

Looking forward to what they can pull off with GTA5.

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Enjoyable game and shooting mechanics felt a lot better than I remember GTA-series ever having. My playtime was about 28h so a very solid amount. Pretty much all of the missions felt quite short. I have to say this game had one of the best endings I have ever seen, I got to put a bullet to the head of a dude, who was a duck hunter. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing Dead Island recently. I've never really been "into" zombies, so I hadn't been interested in it, but I decided to give it a try with the sequel coming out soon. It's a surprisingly good open-world shooter, though not perfect. The analog melee controls are terrible, but the digital option works just fine. Two things that annoyed me are:

1. The world levels up with you. This is always evidence of bad game design. In the case of Dead Island, the character I chose (the knife-wielding Asian woman) is effectively losing health as she levels up, as the monsters hit her for a higher and higher percentage of her total health.

2. There seems to be a common glitch where the sprinting, obstacle-immune zombies will infinitely spawn and/or be immediately aware of you no matter where you are. This makes trying to make it through the city without killing every single zombie you come across impossible and sort of breaks the "ordinary person caught in a zombie apocalypse" scenario.

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Enjoyable able game and shooting mechanics felt a lot better than I remember GTA-series ever having. My playtime was about 28h so a very solid amount. Pretty much all of the missions felt quite short. I have to say this game had one of the best endings I have ever seen, I got to but a bullet to the head of a dude, who was a duck hunter. :)

:) My favorite game of all time. Now go get the 100% complete achievement, that was hard. There is so much you probably haven't finished. Then get Undead Nightmare. :) BTW, are you 360 or PS3? If 360, me(AzBat360) & Rancidlunchmeat love to play multiplayer, send us friend request & let us know if you're interested in playing. We love poker. :)

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back