What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its around the corner and I haven't saved up for it :oops: !

Oh... You are lucky to have a baby girl who sleeps through the entire night.

If she haven't used up all your money for diapers, then perhaps you can play LoU near launch. I suspect your wife will want you to save up for the kid's college fund first. :p

One thing you may want to try, is to replay HeavyRain when the kid is about 4 years old.

EDIT: looks like I should skip KZ1.

EDIT 2:
Children like to run around in the mall. I lost my kid 2-3 times in crowded places. Came home from one of these occasions, I let my son play the mall scene in HeavyRain. He understood my position better when Ethan was "tricked" to find his son in the mall. ^_^

yeah shifty, i mean the 25 dollar thing plus 70 dollar++ for the game development engine i use. (construct2).

need to finish the game asap, sell it asap, get money asap :D

hmm, i also have not finished Ni no kuni...

I really liked KZ2 & 3..
So when 1 came around in HD I were abit excited to see what happened in the first game..
It sucked tough, I managed to pass the first level with the clunky PS2 shooter-controls.
But the real killer is the crappy checkpoints.. At first level, I think I died 4-5 times on the easiest difficulty, overall I just lost 10-15 minutes game-time.

In the second level it became abit harder... Helghasts were swarming you in groups of 3 or 4 if you can call it a swarm, on a skyscraper beeing built, I tried running away in hope of life-regeneration (forgetting this were a PS2-game, when autom atic healing isn't normal or quick) - and when I died I were put back at last checkpoint, like probably 20-25 minutes earlier. I rage-quit and never played it again... :p Waiting for Mercenary and Shadow Fall instead. :)

I thought the game was very easy, I think I died max. 5 times during the whole game. Even I'm mainly pc FPS gamer, the controls were easily useable for me.

Ummm.. Wanna go back to WWI/II shooters again, sick and tired of 'thrilling campaigns' of shooters today.

My question:
What should I get on my ps3? It should be available on the PSN.

The shooters I know are:

Medal of Honor Airborne
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
COD3(i doubt I will like it)

Are there any other? Which one should I choose?

awww. ...none of the games I mentioned are on PSN :( !

@patsu: Nope, haven't played Starhawk yet. but chk the Bioshock Infinite thread. you and Arwin HAVE to play Infinite. Just play on Easy if u r not in the mood for a FPS, but this is not a game to be missed at any cost.

OTOH, if u r in a mood for a fps, do play on hard. Its easy on normal.

Ummm.. Wanna go back to WWI/II shooters again, sick and tired of 'thrilling campaigns' of shooters today.

My question:
What should I get on my ps3? It should be available on the PSN.

The shooters I know are:

Medal of Honor Airborne
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
COD3(i doubt I will like it)

Are there any other? Which one should I choose?

You should try and find a copy of Haze, terrible graphics (though they are quite good in places), and a convoluted story that is just meh! But the shooting is actually pretty good fun.

awww. ...none of the games I mentioned are on PSN :( !

@patsu: Nope, haven't played Starhawk yet. but chk the Bioshock Infinite thread. you and Arwin HAVE to play Infinite. Just play on Easy if u r not in the mood for a FPS, but this is not a game to be missed at any cost.

OTOH, if u r in a mood for a fps, do play on hard. Its easy on normal.

Ok, I'll check it out. Does it have a PSN copy in US ?

Give Starhawk demo a try. I think there is a demo but I am not sure. It's not a straight shooter. You get to build stuff like a first person RTS as well.

Ok, I'll check it out. Does it have a PSN copy in US ?

Give Starhawk demo a try. I think there is a demo but I am not sure. It's not a straight shooter. You get to build stuff like a first person RTS as well.

Yup, its on PSN. I haven't bought a disc since god knows when.

I will see if Starhawk has a demo. I think its sp was free for US PS+ ut not for eu. I don't think it has a demo.

You should try and find a copy of Haze, terrible graphics (though they are quite good in places), and a convoluted story that is just meh! But the shooting is actually pretty good fun.

I had made a thread a while back asking that now that all the anti-ps3 internet sentiment has died, and we can have unbiased reviews, is HAZE fun to play ? The replies weren't encouraging at all , In fact someone here had offered to send his copy to me if I am so willing to go thru the torture ;) ! Just like u say I had loved the shooting and the mechanics in the demo of Haze, it was a lot of fun, but immensley harsh reviews kept me away feom paying for it.

Is it on PSN now? I don't think so. If it is, I will definitely want to play it.

OTOH, I just saw that the only WW2 shooters on psn are Medal of Honour Frontline HD and COD 1(no HD).

How is MoOH Frontlines? Is it good to get on the ps3?

Bought MOH Frontlines ! Turns out its 6gbs :LOL: ! Wjat with old games being so big in size.

Anyways, can't wait to go back to WWII again :p ! I secretly wish that GG's new IP is set in WW2. With their sense of atmosphere and stellar art, they can truly bring the magic alive.

Started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen two days ago and I've played for about 6 hours, so far I really liked what I played (the combat system looks like a lot of fun)...can't wait to play more tonight.

Other than that I'm playing Hard Corps: Uprising at local co-op with a friend which is freakin' awesome and I'm on the second mission of Metal Gear Rising on the Revengeance difficulty setting. :)

MOH Frontlines : initially it felt like a very old game but once I got used to the old school controls again, I am enjoying it a lot. The WW2 atmosphere with simple missions is a noce changw from regular stuff.

Now I am getting urge to play all the HD remasters again. After all they are all great games just graphically dated.

MOH Frontlines : initially it felt like a very old game but once I got used to the old school controls again, I
From Wiki
"The remastered version of Frontline was included in the PlayStation 3 version of Medal of Honor (2010) with updated gameplay options and also trophies support and remastered with High Definition Graphics, The player when starting a new game has the option to play with the classic gameplay or modern gameplay similar to Sonic Generations"

Medal of Honor plays like "Sonic Generations" !!!

From Wiki
"The remastered version of Frontline was included in the PlayStation 3 version of Medal of Honor (2010) with updated gameplay options and also trophies support and remastered with High Definition Graphics, The player when starting a new game has the option to play with the classic gameplay or modern gameplay similar to Sonic Generations"

Medal of Honor plays like "Sonic Generations" !!!

:LOL: no, actually it feels like COD with fewer enemies ! I don't know about the gameplay, but they have put in a modern control scheme of L1+R1 for aiming down the sights. ADS wasn't there in the original game.

Started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen two days ago and I've played for about 6 hours, so far I really liked what I played (the combat system looks like a lot of fun)...can't wait to play more tonight.

Other than that I'm playing Hard Corps: Uprising at local co-op with a friend which is freakin' awesome and I'm on the second mission of Metal Gear Rising on the Revengeance difficulty setting. :)

Dragon's Dogma is a terrific game, and Dark Arisen is a phenomenal add-on. Bastard-hard too. I also have a really nice pawn for hire in case anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back