What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journey ! Nothing to say, Jenova Chen is a master of the craft !

I am sure everyone must have had a different experience with Journey, to me, somehow it reminded me of my whole life in 2 hours ! Without any events in the game, or minimal events lets say, it managed to make me feel every emotion or feeling I have had since childhood to now and how I feel of the life ahead ! The feeling I had at the end really felt that I have just been through my whole life and I just knew at the end that
there will be nothing at the end of the light but a rebirth, it is life.
But there was no expectations and no frustrations at that point ! The feeling of getting satisfied or being in a state where achievements don't matter before reaching the end, the feeling of having accomplished something without getting a reward, is exceptionally difficult to be conveyed to someone. Journey did that to me . This is something I have felt only when I meditate regularly, but a game ,an experience did this to me......is just exceptional. Jenova Chen knows what he is doing too well. it is ....life encapsulated in 2 hours !

It is just ........needs to be played and played in one sitting ! I hope everyone has a unique experience of it !

Beautiful, blissful and sublime !

For the first time since "Shadow of The Colossus" I have felt so mesmerized by a game ! Very short but exceptional ! Not just aesthetically, but even technically the game is marvel. I won't spoil anything for you, just play it and feel good...it has made me proud to be a part of this gaming culture again ! :)

Have put it on my blog too , pretty much what I wrote here :
http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/2012/12/a-journey-review.html

I recently finished Hitman Absolution. I really, really enjoyed it too. Also, holy shit if this isn't one of the best looking games ever. The level of intricate detail is just stunning, not to mention the game pulls it all off while flooding the screen with an unprecedented amount NPCs while keeping a wonderfully smooth framerate. I'm really surprised as to why most graphics whores aren't all over this to be honest.

Right now - and against my better judgement - I'm playing RE6 is. I don't quite hate it, but the sheer volume of bad design decisions on display is just staggering. It's certainly an incredibly ambitious and really good looking game, though (bar a couple of oddly shitty textures). Capcom's artists are masterful at character modeling and texturing. That's especially true for the females (not because the guys look bad, but because so many other developers never seem to get them to look right, let alone pleasant. Just look at Gears of War's Zombie-esque looking man-lady Anya Strout - ewww)

I finished Bioshock 2 last night after having started it about a week earlier. Kind of amazing that I'm playing it only just now. I didn't even remember I had the game as I had borrowed it among few other games to a friend of mine long time ago.

It's almost six years since I finished the first game and now it was great to go back in to Rapture. Had I played this earlier, it probably wouldn't have felt as fresh as it did now due to my long gap between these two games.

I have to say I greatly enjoyed this from start to finish, it was better than I thought it would be. Infinite will have to wait a bit as I'm going through my huge back catalog of games first.

Bioshock 2 seemed to be rather unfairly dismissed by gamers when it was released. Maybe because it was a little too samey as the first? I thought it was excellent; it fine-tuned most of the gameplay of the first whilst still managing to tell its own story. Eurogamer just did a retrospective of the game which you might find interesting since it's fresh in your mind.

Bioshock 2 seemed to be rather unfairly dismissed by gamers when it was released. Maybe because it was a little too samey as the first? I thought it was excellent; it fine-tuned most of the gameplay of the first whilst still managing to tell its own story. Eurogamer just did a retrospective of the game which you might find interesting since it's fresh in your mind.

Thanks for the heads up, found it and read it. A well written article.

I agree with you on the gameplay fine-tuning and story points. It really is a well made game on all accounts. Fairly lengthy as well. I feel like I put over 20h into it, trying not to miss anything.

Dead Nation. Started a coop with my brother but now I have to finish it alone... even though this maniac regularly set me on fire with his beloved flamethrower it seems alot harder in single player.

Playing BF3 all the time. Along with some The Cave and revisiting Resistance 3 :) ! All great games !

Haven't played The Cave yet but Resistance 3 is a really great game, definitely one of the best FPS campaigns this gen IMO...also besides the mediocre IQ the game looks great too!

Now back on topic lately I'm playing a lot of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which is amazing and a must play for anyone interested in action games (also got the Sam DLC yesterday), Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds at local co-op which is so much fun and Spelunky which is the Dark Souls of platformers this gen (aka fuckin' awesome but brutally hard!).

Next game I'll get is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, never played the vanilla version but I really liked the demo so I'm excited for it. :D

Got The Cave for free through PS Plus, and was intending to check it out (but not yet had time)

Haven't played The Cave yet but Resistance 3 is a really great game, definitely one of the best FPS campaigns this gen IMO...also besides the mediocre IQ the game looks great too!

Now back on topic lately I'm playing a lot of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which is amazing and a must play for anyone interested in action games (also got the Sam DLC yesterday), Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds at local co-op which is so much fun and Spelunky which is the Dark Souls of platformers this gen (aka fuckin' awesome but brutally hard!).

Next game I'll get is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, never played the vanilla version but I really liked the demo so I'm excited for it. :D

Eh ? RenegadeRocks, you are on R3 ? I don't mind playing that game. Ping me if you see me on PSN. I am usually in Dark Souls or Demon's Souls these days.

playing BFBC2 again.
Awesome and still feel so freeeeeee to do things :D

Its so relaxing when i just sit on tall hill on Harvest Day to snipe people from all over the map with SVU (rapid fire sniper rifle but have very low damage).

And its so fun when enemy comes to my Flag/Area/Thing with tanks and cars. Just put a motion sensor to make my teammate notice enemy position, i blow their cover inside house using mortar, snipe them all :D

But the most awesome moment is when we are being cornered, me with teammate ride a car to BEHIND enemy lines and starting to put traps inside buildings :D

THey corner us using building as a post/cover? Blow them up :D

playing BFBC2 again.
Awesome and still feel so freeeeeee to do things :D

Its so relaxing when i just sit on tall hill on Harvest Day to snipe people from all over the map with SVU (rapid fire sniper rifle but have very low damage).

And its so fun when enemy comes to my Flag/Area/Thing with tanks and cars. Just put a motion sensor to make my teammate notice enemy position, i blow their cover inside house using mortar, snipe them all :D

But the most awesome moment is when we are being cornered, me with teammate ride a car to BEHIND enemy lines and starting to put traps inside buildings :D

THey corner us using building as a post/cover? Blow them up :D

I own it on PC and the servers are completely empty there :( !

Got Crysis 3 frm.psn thanx to a friend and have to say : Teh tlgame is Fun ! The trailers and gameplay videos had given me an impression of a boring COD clone, but I was wrong. The game is good and fun and lets u toy around a bit.

But I think all the 'areas' are underused. I mean too few fights in a level. They make this beautiful varied arena with multiple paths and levels and all that u do is have one small firefight and move on ti the next level ! It feels like wasted oppurtunities.

Just reached the Dam . Hope the game gets tougher too, cos its too easy as of now, thanx to cloak +Bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back