What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it?

It's really short but you can have a glimpse of how they tried to refresh the combat system. The world weapon system is a really nice addition you can have plenty of variation of combos. It plays really well though the AI doesn't seem to be agressive at all in the demo. The only complaint I have is the QTE and the execution animation they just seemt to copy/paste from GOWIII. Especially when battling the Talos. I wouldn' ve loved to see something new. But overall it plays well, it still GOW. The puzzles seem to be more balanced. Well I' ve watched hundreds of times the video walkthrough so no big deal solving them in the demo. As for the graphics it's kicking ass. Still some aliasing here and there but looks like it could be a runner up to be the Best GOW in the series for me.

It's really short but you can have a glimpse of how they tried to refresh the combat system. The world weapon system is a really nice addition you can have plenty of variation of combos. It plays really well though the AI doesn't seem to be agressive at all in the demo. The only complaint I have is the QTE and the execution animation they just seemt to copy/paste from GOWIII. Especially when battling the Talos. I wouldn' ve loved to see something new. But overall it plays well, it still GOW. The puzzles seem to be more balanced. Well I' ve watched hundreds of times the video walkthrough so no big deal solving them in the demo. As for the graphics it's kicking ass. Still some aliasing here and there but looks like it could be a runner up to be the Best GOW in the series for me.

Cool! Thanks for the impressions!

Waaaaaaaaaaaant! I am sooooooo jealous!!!!

I remember back than when I visited GamesCom in cologne. I already played through GOWIII two times. After 1.5h wait I managed to get into Sony booth with all new games. Then I saw GOW3 screen, and a guy fighting his way through doing only L1+square swirl attack: First, I wanted to pack out the triangle triangle triangle combo, second, I was sooo jealous watching them playing GOW that I queued up to play this...besides all those new games available around me...insanely jealous?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Busy day, graduated from school and finished Uncharted 3 :) Good game, I enjoyed it from start to the finish. Hmm should I play ODST before I put Halo 4 in?

FIFA 13 online club only
NHL 13 (online club only
Borderlands 2 second play through with new character
Max Payne 3 second play through
Halo 4 a bit of all game modes
Witcher 2 - put it down for a long time, but plan to finish over the holidays
Uncharted 3 - I've put it down for nearly a year, but would like to finish it over the holidays

I also have an urge to pick up a copy of Battlefield 3 again, but that is already a pretty daunting gaming schedule. Buying Halo 4 may have been a very bad idea, now that I look at how many games I was already playing.

Black Ops II - Everything about it is better than previous games, except the maps, which are horrible, and the fact that it's still Call of Duty, i.e., playing with pubbies makes me want to stab my eyes out. I should give up on this series and stick to Battlefield.

Daggerfall - Started this "classic" RPG when I had a whole day to kill and nothing around but my laptop. It's boring as hell but a good time-waster. The dungeons in particular are hideously bad. A case study in why randomly generating huge quantities of content from a small number of building blocks does not make an good game.

Dark Souls - I'm going through this slowly, just picking it up now and then.

Fallout 3 - I felt like I should try another playthrough. I think I'm going to quit, though, because I just plain don't enjoy Bethesda's style.

Finally managed to beat Dark Souls. Really awesome game.
Probably will go back to play Demon's Souls and finish that too.

Just fired up MGS3 HD on my ps3(PSN version, and it was freaking 10gbs :O ) and it looks so good :p !

What does the initial choice mean:
"I am new to MGS"
"I like MGS1"
"I like MGS2"
"I Like MGS3"

This did noet exist in the vanilla MGS3 I played on my ps2 ! What differences do these choices make?

MGS 3 HD : WOW ! The game hasn't aged at all, in fact, in HD and with so much improvements in foliage and gfx, it looks and plays still as the best game of all time ! A kojima game is always a Kojima game :p ! Beautiful, quirky, unique and extremely engrossing ! Doesn't feel at all that this my second time playing through it. It feels as fresh as it had felt all those years ago on my ps2 !

I was so apprehensive while getting this from psn, thinking it will feel old and won't feel that cool anymore. The 10 gb download didn't help either. But, boy, I am glad I bought it ! I love u The Boss :love: !

MGS 3 HD : WOW ! The game hasn't aged at all, in fact, in HD and with so much improvements in foliage and gfx, it looks and plays still as the best game of all time ! A kojima game is always a Kojima game :p ! Beautiful, quirky, unique and extremely engrossing ! Doesn't feel at all that this my second time playing through it. It feels as fresh as it had felt all those years ago on my ps2 !

I was so apprehensive while getting this from psn, thinking it will feel old and won't feel that cool anymore. The 10 gb download didn't help either. But, boy, I am glad I bought it ! I love u The Boss :love: !

Are you playing it on Vita or PS3?

Well, when you're stuck at the in-laws' for an entire day and don't speak the language, it's good to have a game where you can play for hours and make no meaningful progress. The game would have been better with a better random dungeon generator. Dozens of identically-textured corridors that take hours to creep through was a bad choice.

I want to like BlOps2 more than I do. It's fun with friends, but what game isn't? The maps really are pretty bad. But the worst thing is the COD player base, which treats every single mode like Team Deathmatch.

Are you playing it on Vita or PS3?

PS3 ! and for the first time I am runnning after getting those Kerotans like crazy :p ! When I had played for the first time on the ps2, I had noticed them frogs for a major portion of the game, and when I did see them, I didn't know whaat to do with them. Now I am shooting them like krazy.

BTW, How do u capture a live animal in MGS3? In the codec conversations , someone mentioned catching a live snake and throwing it at a guard ! How do I do that?

Have been going through my backlog of games, and just completed Bayonetta. Now I'm working my way through Darksiders II. Both quite good hack 'n slash games :)

Finished Uncharted 3, thank goodness for 3D, it cures my motion sickness. I actually finished the game over 3 nights. I remember Uncharted 2 took longer cause I got motion sickness every hour or so. I wasn't even going to pick up Uncharted 3, if it wasn't for 3D support. Glad I did, it's pretty good.

I'm playing Enslaved next, but I got to buy some DLC for 3D support, I'm just about to do that. After that it's either Resistance 3 or Killzone 3.

What other PS3 3D games that's coming up ? Is that new Naughty Dog survival game going to support 3D ?

Also does many Wii U games current and upcoming support 3D ? I know only Assasin Creed support stereo 3D, how is the 3D ? Thinking of picking up the Wii U tomorrow, hope they have some in stock, but not in a hurry.

I just finished ZOE2HD: it looks gorgeous, like a current gen game IMHO. Motion blur, particle system, cel shading: all is beautiful, plus HD and AA. The story is pretty adult too. I put the original ZOE2 disc in my BC PS3 (with upscaling and filtering), and the difference between SD and HD edition is not exactly night and day... great game even at the times.
Now, let's move to MGS3HD :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MGS 3HD: me playing right now and its fucking awesome in HD remake, but i think i hVe said that too many times on this forum :p . You are in for a treat, i think i should get my hands on ZOEhd pack too.

ZOEHD pack is awesome, but only for ZOE2: the first ZOE is a sub-par game, it's a shame not be able to buy only the second chapter.
MGS3HD... i'm curious, also because many years ago i played the Snake Eater original version (not the subsistence version, no free camera) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back