What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Regular
Can't be letting the PC gamers have all the fun.

What are people currently playing then?

Got myself a cheap copy of Enslaved for the 360 and I have to admit it's a better experience than I thought it would be. I wasn't too taken with the demo (essentially the 1st chapter) but it does get a lot more interesting. R.U.S.E. (again, cheap) is also waiting for a play through.

Dungeon Siege 3 on PS3. Waiting for Under Siege patch so I can play that one. Really feel like some RTS. Had a look at Swords & Soldiers - not sure about it. Demo is quite limited, but they only offer 30 campaign levels so I've already seen a tenth! Didn't seem very controllable. Then again it's only £3

Mostly Reach & RB3. Some Ilo Milo here and there. I was playing Infamous and Stacking for a little while.

Section 8 Prejudice ! and I have to tell u guys that the Swarm mode, bascially horde +Tower defence, is a blast to play ! Extremely fun and addictive ! I have to say, its a lot like what STARHAWK is promising, even the turrets and vehicles that you spawn also fall down from the sky just like they showed in the Starhawk vids.
Haven't played much of the campaign, seemed okay, nothing special and kindof like an iPad/iPhone game at the beginning. but the Swarm is too much fun:cool: ! Will try competitive MP if I get a chance.

ALso, played the Stacking demo, and I seem to love the game ! A very Happy and lovingly crafted game ! Will buy it someday.
Want to play Infamous 2, but somehow never do it.

Halo 2 (on 360).

It's the only Halo game I've not beat yet so I figured I should do that.

Just finished Portal 2, never want to see another portal game again, basically. Was pretty much torture for the most part forcing myself to finish it, but I felt I had a duty too. Pretty much vowed never to buy another portal game.

Alice: Madness Returns (360) - I finished American McGee's Alice two days ago and enjoyed it despite being an old game with some really outdated mechanics and today I'll start playing Madness Returns.
Demon's Souls - Planning to visit Valley Of Defilement for the first time.
Medal of Honor (PC) - Installed this one a few days ago and I've played about 20 minutes...it looks decent.

Halo 2 (on 360).
Just gotta wait for the remake with XBL co-op :p

Just finished Portal 2, never want to see another portal game again, basically. Was pretty much torture for the most part forcing myself to finish it, but I felt I had a duty too. Pretty much vowed never to buy another portal game.

mm... well you hope by next gen they'll actually have a new engine. >_>

GTA IV for the second time...Just beaten EFLC,which is IMO best DLC deal this gen,they are like standalone game,and than some.I'm playing it because I couldn't get in it first time but now I'm somewhere around 60% done and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.Story and characters are fantastic and visuals are still most impressive I have witnessed this gen :smile:

I've been switching between Magic (360), Dirt (PS3), Bastian (360), and Kill Team (360).

Just got done playing through Dungeon Siege 3. Going to let it marinate for awhile before I go back with a different character. All the games have been very enjoyble.

I just got back, so nothing basically except GOW Ghost of Sparta on PSP.
I've been watching the EVO fighting tournament, so I'll probably jump back in to MVC3.

Anyone got that Warhammer Live Arcade game, I think it's called Kill Team? SP demo was ok, but it seems like it would be more fun in co-op.

Bastion and GT5 - I'm going to go to the Nurburgring again with my Dad somewhere next month, renting a Stage 2 Swift Sport this time so I've been buying, speccing and testing a Swift Sport on the Ring in GT5. :)

Finished Borderlands on the PS3. Entertaining enough, but also pretty dumb and a little too repetitive for its own good.

That was my take. Felt a bit of a chore to finish it. I'm not sure whether the procedurally generated weapons really helped much either. *shurg* I know some people adore it but I though it was only OK.

Resident Evil 5 (360)
:oops: I know I'm late to the party but I really don't like the suspense/horror games but a buddy promised that RE5 was more of a "paced shooter" lol. We finished it in co-op and I must say I really enjoyed that game.

Bf Bad Company 2 (multiplayer only)

NCAA Football 12

occasionally I drop in AC:Brotherhood,

I tried From dust and Bastion and may pull the trigger on one of those.

That was my take. Felt a bit of a chore to finish it. I'm not sure whether the procedurally generated weapons really helped much either. *shurg* I know some people adore it but I though it was only OK.

Didn't really help me much, that's for sure. Like with most procedurally generated stuff, 99% of it was complete crap and generally worse than the stuff I was already carrying. I usually went hours before finding something worthwhile, and most of the more outlandish mods were unfortunately more goofy than practical (like a shotgun that spits out a row of bouncing pellets). I did enjoy the corrosive weapons though. Very cruel and satisfying, and generally accompanied by adequately chilling death screams.

Still, 15 bucks for Borderlands and all of its dlc add-ons was a generous enough offer. I feel I got my money's worth.

Now playing Limbo on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back