Qualcomm Roadmap (2011-2012)

I hate all those pointless Java benchmarks,
Java linpack is shit, which is nowhere close to peak processor performance(RgbenchMM is much better, at least it's not varying by 100% like Java Android market linpack)
Antutu, Quadrant, Smartbench 2012 are pointless synthetics, does anybody know what they measure? Are their scores of parrots in vacuum are somehow related to any real tasks?(highly doubt). And where the sources? I would like to know if those benchmarks are using some standart Android libs which could be tweaked for 100% parrots gains:LOL:
These shitty benchmarks even don't consider device resolutions when calculating their final scores, final scores in AnTuTu just a sum of all scores(this ridiculous). I wonder why anybody give a credit to such garbage

Ha ha well if you put it like that lol..
What else are we to argue over??

Havnt found a way to start new htc thread on tapatalk...really this should go there.

Anyway....comparison shots of htc one 'ultra pixels' vs current all round smartphone camera king iphone 5...
http://asia.cnet.com/htc-one-vs-iphone-5-camera-shootout-62220556.htm

Calling iphone 5 the leader is controversial I know,...lumia 920 would stake a claim in low light and video..but alround daylight, low light and video I think it wins...ill try to find a comparison there of lumia 920 after the update also.

Havnt found a way to start new htc thread on tapatalk...really this should go there.

Anyway....comparison shots of htc one 'ultra pixels' vs current all round smartphone camera king iphone 5...
http://asia.cnet.com/htc-one-vs-iphone-5-camera-shootout-62220556.htm

Calling iphone 5 the leader is controversial I know,...lumia 920 would stake a claim in low light and video..but alround daylight, low light and video I think it wins...ill try to find a comparison there of lumia 920 after the update also.

Man.. that's coming from the same people who said the iphone 4S had a better camera than the Pureview 808.

What kind of expectations do people have of phone cameras?

I will use it because it's always at hand and I can take nice geotagged pics or easy panoramas.

But my main library consists of DSLR RAW files, not the iPhone pics.

What kind of expectations do people have of phone cameras?

I will use it because it's always at hand and I can take nice geotagged pics or easy panoramas.

But my main library consists of DSLR RAW files, not the iPhone pics.

Well most people dont use dslr and save them in raw. ..people like the best...

If you care enough about the picture quality of photos to follow these kind of shoot outs, you'd know the limitations of phones as capture devices.

If you care enough about the picture quality of photos to follow these kind of shoot outs, you'd know the limitations of phones as capture devices.

No I agree. ..however that's a bit like saying if you like to travel in comfort why do you bother to read reviews of family cars over a Mercedes?

DSLRs also have serious limitations: you can't fit them in the pocket, you can't take them everywhere you go, they're bulky and they don't go unnoticed.

I'd love to take all my pictures with the quality of a decent DSLR, but I'm in no position to spend >500€ in a device that isn't very practical to carry around.

That said, smartphone cameras need to be pushed to higher standards. And the goal must be to get DSLR-quality, even if it sounds utopic.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't overcome optics and physics. Best you could hope for is "good enough."

For posting on FB, Instagram, etc., they're certainly good enough.

You can't overcome optics and physics. Best you could hope for is "good enough."

For posting on FB, Instagram, etc., they're certainly good enough.

Physics don't need to be overcomed, they need to be better understood.
The fastest path to never achieve something in tech is to assume that it can't be done.

Back