*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

It does not look as good as very high. The foliage has been cut down heavily, the water lacks FFT and I would also bet on a harsher LOD and lower res shadows.

Wouldn't surprise me but intial impression gives of great achievement.

I'm waiting for a better capture of crysis on the ps3... I can't found anything below the 720p on the net, both video & picture; I know it's subhd, but I prefer to see to my how appealing to my eyes at the genuine 720p.

Some detailed impressions on how the game runs and looks on 360 will be much appreciated. :D

Well I had to restart my game due to an achievement bug, that's now fixed, but unfortunately this means I haven't gotten far in the game at all.

So far the game looks to run a touch smoother than Crysis 2 overall, though I've read that it starts to chug at the first big village you come across due to the amount of enemies in that area. This does make me a bit concerned for the second half of the game since I remember reading those levels were more taxing than earlier levels. It'll be interesting to see how it runs on the consoles.

Still, from what I remember of playing PC crysis, so far everything has made it in this console version. Textures look good considering the scope, you'll run into a blurry rock here and there, but nothing that bad. Looks like most of the shaders, POM, light shafts, and other effects have made it over to the console version. Motion blur and lighting look to be improved over vanilla Crysis and look great most of the time. Was also happy to see the amount of foliage in the game. It's paired back from the PC release, but it still looks very good for a console port.

Speaking of foliage, I was really surprised to see foliage still bends around your character since I thought that would be one of the features to get cut. Though as it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, the calculations do run at a slower refresh rate and it shows. Destruction also looks to be fully in as I am still able to blow up huts and watch the pieces fly.

I know optimization comes into play here, but so far it looks and runs better on my $300 6 year old system than it does on my $1500 3 year old gaming laptop. That alone is a huge accomplishment IMO when you consider the gap in resources between today's systems and even my aging laptop. So overall I'm very impressed with it graphically so far.

Controls are roughly the same as they were in Crysis 2, with one noticeable improvement. One of my pet peeves with running/speed mode in Crysis 2 was how your character had no way of running without using energy. So there were moments where I would run out of energy out in the open and was only able to walk to the nearest cover. Now how it works in Crysis 1 is you'll keep on running after you run out of energy, just at a much slower pace than running in speed mode.

My opinion on this port can very well change after I put in more time as I'm still near the beginning and was just messing around with the game so far. However, I'm very impressed by what I've experienced so far.

Here's some screens taken from the other thread:

Very impressive job from Crytek , more or less everything is here .
I have to mention the sound which in a nice surround system is glorious .

Does it have trophy support ? I am one of the few guys in the universe who loved Crysis for its gameplay and campaign, which i have replayed many times ! I still love its gunplay over other shooters for some damn reason. The only game that came close in gunplay speciifically or surpassed it for me was Killzone 2 ! Two of my favourite " Gun" focussed campaigns !

Does it have trophy support ? I am one of the few guys in the universe who loved Crysis for its gameplay and campaign, which i have replayed many times ! I still love its gunplay over other shooters for some damn reason. The only game that came close in gunplay speciifically or surpassed it for me was Killzone 2 ! Two of my favourite " Gun" focussed campaigns !

I believe Trophy support is mandatory at this point unless you are selling PSone isos or Minis.

I am fairly certain that I didnt see the textures to turn into the blurry mess like it was when you had POM enabled in Crysis PC. As for the water, yea its like Crysis 2.

I'm just going by the screenshots posted in this thread. It looks the same as it does on my PC regarding POM and AF.

There is a sweet mod that allows AF+POM and trust it would be bleedingly obvious if the consoles had it.

I'm just going by the screenshots posted in this thread. It looks the same as it does on my PC regarding POM and AF.

There is a sweet mod that allows AF+POM and trust it would be bleedingly obvious if the consoles had it.

Lets not forget that Crysis 2 on consoles had dynamic AF, that depends of load.

This shot definitely has AF

avermediacenter20111004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had to restart my game due to an achievement bug, that's now fixed, but unfortunately this means I haven't gotten far in the game at all.

So far the game looks to run a touch smoother than Crysis 2 overall, though I've read that it starts to chug at the first big village you come across due to the amount of enemies in that area. This does make me a bit concerned for the second half of the game since I remember reading those levels were more taxing than earlier levels. It'll be interesting to see how it runs on the consoles.

Still, from what I remember of playing PC crysis, so far everything has made it in this console version. Textures look good considering the scope, you'll run into a blurry rock here and there, but nothing that bad. Looks like most of the shaders, POM, light shafts, and other effects have made it over to the console version. Motion blur and lighting look to be improved over vanilla Crysis and look great most of the time. Was also happy to see the amount of foliage in the game. It's paired back from the PC release, but it still looks very good for a console port.

Speaking of foliage, I was really surprised to see foliage still bends around your character since I thought that would be one of the features to get cut. Though as it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, the calculations do run at a slower refresh rate and it shows. Destruction also looks to be fully in as I am still able to blow up huts and watch the pieces fly.

I know optimization comes into play here, but so far it looks and runs better on my $300 6 year old system than it does on my $1500 3 year old gaming laptop. That alone is a huge accomplishment IMO when you consider the gap in resources between today's systems and even my aging laptop. So overall I'm very impressed with it graphically so far.

Controls are roughly the same as they were in Crysis 2, with one noticeable improvement. One of my pet peeves with running/speed mode in Crysis 2 was how your character had no way of running without using energy. So there were moments where I would run out of energy out in the open and was only able to walk to the nearest cover. Now how it works in Crysis 1 is you'll keep on running after you run out of energy, just at a much slower pace than running in speed mode.

My opinion on this port can very well change after I put in more time as I'm still near the beginning and was just messing around with the game so far. However, I'm very impressed by what I've experienced so far.

Here's some screens taken from the other thread:

Thanks for the impressions kagemaru, I guess I'll get the game tomorrow and see how the frame-rate is later in the game myself - hopefully it will be better than Crysis 2. :p

It does not look as good as very high. The foliage has been cut down heavily, the water lacks FFT and I would also bet on a harsher LOD and lower res shadows.

I'll retract my statment but it still looks impressive. However the lighting/TOD looks much better and natural in PC version.

2011100422375661p0d1.jpg

This is a screenshot from neogaf(also posted in this thread) and I have too ask, is this really how the game looks on x360 ?
I'm asking because I have a little conversation over this screenshot on another forum with people that are claiming that this can't be a 360 shot.
I have to say this POM is really good for consoles IMO.

Back