Witcher 2

It looks like the PC version on low/medium spec. Not bad.

BTW guys if you happen to have a gaming PC it's on sale for $40 during E3 weekend apparently.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

I'm less that 2 hours in and it's really fun :). Playing on Normal and I'm not having the difficulty problems that I've heard so much about. I've died a few times, but haven't encountered a situation where I felt woefully underpowered.

I
I'm less that 2 hours in and it's really fun :). Playing on Normal and I'm not having the difficulty problems that I've heard so much about. I've died a few times, but haven't encountered a situation where I felt woefully underpowered.

I didn't have any major difficulties either, but I think one of the patch introduced some gameplay balancing stuff to the prologue.

360 handling the conversion is no surprise to me. I think they made the decision to port it quite early on. Lot's of things in the game hints on that, for example the visibility is cut of quite close in most places, inventory and game mechanics have also been tailored for gamepad.

Witcher 2 is truely a great game. Any 360 owning RPG fan should definitely get this once it's released.

I know the game is not like Fable in the way that it plays, but is it fair to say the world is more like Fable than it is like Skyrim? Some semi-open constrained areas with linear quests? Just curious to get a feel on the game, because I'm interested in picking it up. Besides Max Payne 3, not much to play in terms of single-player games until the fall.

I know the game is not like Fable in the way that it plays, but is it fair to say the world is more like Fable than it is like Skyrim? Some semi-open constrained areas with linear quests? Just curious to get a feel on the game, because I'm interested in picking it up. Besides Max Payne 3, not much to play in terms of single-player games until the fall.

Well it probably is closer to Fable than Skyrim, but the quests aren't that linear. Player can make choices in the quests and some of them have pretty radical outcomes. For example the story branches out depending on your decision about 10-15 hours into the story and depending on your choice you'll get around 8-10h of different gameplay in a different location based on your choice. Side quests also have various outcomes.

The feel of the world is unique, more mature and unscrupulous (not just tits) compared to most other games (The first one was even more so though imo) I think the Eastern European origin plays a part in this.

It's hard not to highly recommend this as it is very good game with good story and the devs deserve support for being just awesome :) If by any chance you have access to the first game on PC, I'd recommend playing it also, but playing it first is not nearly as required as say playing Mass Effect 1 before ME2. Witcher 1 is just a very good game also and totally worth the time, even if not as polished in certain areas as the sequel.

Just started playing. I like it so far. I really appreciate that it doesn't deviate from the main story much, at least not so far. The voice acting is a mixed bag for me, as is the writing, but it's a lot better than most.

My biggest complaint is that not having played the first one, you're really thrown into it without any idea of what is going on. It seems to be a direct sequel from the first game, continuing where it left off. I need to read a synopsis before I continue.

Very early in the game. I'm enjoying it, but it's a bit of a mixed bag. I just completed one of the worst stealth segments in history. Some of the voice acting is pretty poor, and some of the writing is poor as well. I'm fairly interested in what's going on, and I probably enjoy picking my dialog options more than the actual combat. So far, it's been pretty easy on the normal setting. I'm guessing it'll get harder later on.

Very early in the game. I'm enjoying it, but it's a bit of a mixed bag. I just completed one of the worst stealth segments in history. Some of the voice acting is pretty poor, and some of the writing is poor as well. I'm fairly interested in what's going on, and I probably enjoy picking my dialog options more than the actual combat. So far, it's been pretty easy on the normal setting. I'm guessing it'll get harder later on.

If it's anything like the PC version it's only going to get easier I'm afraid.

Back