Nintendo Conference

I can't believe how every predicted use of the touch screen made by people in the other thread turned out to be true...or at least showed up in the promote video. Does Nintendo really know why they're putting the screen there?

So, basically lots of ps360 games are coming over to WiiU ( wee -u ....view!) ! So, a gamer buying a nintendo console this time won't feel like he got left out while the world was having fun ! Even Ken Levine was in the video, so we cN guess some kindof Bioshock too. Good to hear all that ! Wonder is Sony n MS can stand the heat from Nintendo nkw that it has got all the gamez too ! ;)

Is this what people call a "meltdown"? :LOL:

Genius

From the conference to the Wii u, to the name of Wii u, to the third party to the 3DS well on everything.

I am sold, and I disliked the idea.

Anyway, Wii u apart this as a really good conference MS and Sony should take a few hints.

This veryfies it. It was never about specs of strength or any of that. People are determined to flash their hatred no matter what the company does. Just look at the comments on the videos.

It is sad that the old Wii will never get its killer app now though.

The WiiU looks cool and all, and I really like the new controller and will be an owner, but so far I've not seen anything that looks a step beyond the PS360. Usual disclaimers about video stream quality, etc.

This veryfies it. It was never about specs of strength or any of that. People are determined to flash their hatred no matter what the company does. Just look at the comments on the videos.

It is sad that the old Wii will never get its killer app now though.

Just look at some of the comments here. At least one person in this thread has claimed that tech demo looks like a normal Wii game :nope:

Looks amazing. Very nice lighting, shaders, DOF, HDR.

Indeed. Just check out that water from 0.42-0.45 where its all distorted. That fish at the end seals the deal.

Just look at some of the comments here. At least one person in this thread has claimed that tech demo looks like a normal Wii game :nope:

Oh I noticed but I fear that if I point it out that "he" would give me a warning just for doing it. I'm surprised "he" isn't in here joining in with them.

I think the graphics look pretty good. Good enough for me anyway. It'll be interesting to see the specs, especially how much memory this thing has to work with, and whether they've gone with a more programmable GPU.

I just want some hints as to what EA was talking about with regards to the online. If it has Live-like features, it will be way better. The online with Wii sucked.

I did. But I've also seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0&feature=player_embedded

thanks to this thread:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60015

And I think I was more impressed. Not saying that the WiiU couldn't beat it, just that I didn't find any of the WiiU demos to be gamechangers. If you find a high quality video of the WiiU demo in question please post it. I may be missing something big. Feel free to help me out and point out what it is!

I just want some hints as to what EA was talking about with regards to the online. If it has Live-like features, it will be way better. The online with Wii sucked.

The 3DS has a much more robust online, and it launched this year. It still relies on exchanging codes, though (though only one now). It'd be kind of weird (but probably better) if Nintendo abandons their 3DS friend code philoshophy for the WiiU.

Nintendo not releasing specs is expected. They take the same tack as Apple, specs are irrelevant only the overall experience matters.

Of course they could have given us more than they did, and they did not really show any game footage per se.

Bingo, the days of competing based on specs are likely over. All three will likely focus on developing platforms that have something unique which keeps them from being commoditized moving forward. I think we will get generic specs, HDMI, 1080p, etc but nothing that actually means anything.

I'm drooling :LOL:
IBM got the right to announce some info about the CPU why not the GPU provider?
This is counter productive Nintendo, E3 is still a geeky event, gamers they want to attract back to them too.
At least they should dare a word about the hardware.

The Wii U form factor is a little too small for anything significant over PS360. I am not really digging the new screen controller. Sony could easily offer those functions when PSV is release later this year. I still think the Wii crowd will switch over to Kinect eventually instead of this. Nintendo lost the plot.

Bingo, the days of competing based on specs are likely over. All three will likely focus on developing platforms that have something unique which keeps them from being commoditized moving forward. I think we will get generic specs, HDMI, 1080p, etc but nothing that actually means anything.

Actually the Apple reference isn't even completely correct as they are now being forced to create ads that push the resolution of their retina display as a differentiating feature since the rapid iteration of Android hardware and growth of that platform has become a real threat to them. I was quite taken aback when I heard the ad since it was such a departure for them.

Back