Trials: evolution. [xbla]

Perfect game to ship December 26th IMO. Ok, maybe in March... but still, I would be all over a 12/26 release. I hate games that release like 1/4 -- duh, my vacation is now OVER!!

Acert93 said:
I corrected the link but it looks like a possible slide into 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-19-trials-evolution-doubtful-for-2011

Yeah saw that. But my son will love it when it comes out. He loved watching Trials HD and now Joe Danger he's started playing himself. It's still too hard (he's 3.5) but he's getting by and basically just wants to drive Joe into the Shark bassin over and over ... :)

So the next Trials is a sure thing, particularly as I prefer the gameplay of Trials over Joe.

Yeah saw that. But my son will love it when it comes out. He loved watching Trials HD and now Joe Danger he's started playing himself. It's still too hard (he's 3.5) but he's getting by and basically just wants to drive Joe into the Shark bassin over and over ... :)

So the next Trials is a sure thing, particularly as I prefer the gameplay of Trials over Joe.

I'd recommend any of the mx vs atv games Arwin my son started at 2 on those titles since you do all the cool tricks it tends to excite the kids. Just about any version and I'm sure they are all nothing dollars now.

Ubi seems to like our technology: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ubisoft-make-use-redlynx-tech

So maybe one more Trials after Evolution and then *poof*...
Trials HD is the second most sold game ever in console digital distribution channel. Evolution will improve it in almost every front, and has received very positive previews by critics. I wouldn't count on Trials going *poof* any time soon. With Ubisoft on our side, I hope we can expand our brands even further.

RedLynx will stay RedLynx. We will still have all the same 50+ developers in house at our office at Helsinki (Finland). We still love games, and quality is still our top priority. This announcement will not affect Trials Evolution launch schedule at all... We are still going to release it "when it's ready" :)

Ubi seems to like our technology: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ubisoft-make-use-redlynx-tech

Trials HD is the second most sold game ever in console digital distribution channel. Evolution will improve it in almost every front, and has received very positive previews by critics. I wouldn't count on Trials going *poof* any time soon. With Ubisoft on our side, I hope we can expand our brands even further.

RedLynx will stay RedLynx. We will still have all the same 50+ developers in house at our office at Helsinki (Finland). We still love games, and quality is still our top priority. This announcement will not affect Trials Evolution launch schedule at all... We are still going to release it "when it's ready" :)

Congrats! Great job!

And for those who wait for Trials, 360 owners are getting an enhanced version of Joe Danger soon too I read. Would be great if going Ubisoft could mean that Playstation owners also get Trials HD ... I'd surely buy it again and recommend it to everyone.

I'm not talking about Evolution at all. I'm talking about the historical precedence we have throughout the industry.

Congrats! Great job!

And for those who wait for Trials, 360 owners are getting an enhanced version of Joe Danger soon too I read. Would be great if going Ubisoft could mean that Playstation owners also get Trials HD ... I'd surely buy it again and recommend it to everyone.

Depend of how M$ secure Trial HD and Evolution. Are they paid for an exclusive consoles, like Mass Effect one?

RedLynx has always been a cross platform developer. So far we have released games for Apple Mac + iOS, Microsoft Windows + Xbox 360, Nintendo DS + Wii, Sony PSP and Nokia N-Gage (and we have had internal Linux development builds as well). Trials games have so far been released for Windows and Xbox 360.

It's always better to have more players enjoying our creations. In our history, we have released some games for almost dead platforms, and it doesn't really feel that good. For example our first game, Pathway to Glory, was a really good game (90+ metascore), but N-Gage flopped badly. Only a handful of players could enjoy the game. The game also had slighly too advanced feature set for the time it was released. Global four player real time multiplayer was pretty much limited to big cities (good GPRS reception was not something you could count on back then) and pretty much nobody had monthly data plans on their cell phones either (basic plans had really expensive data at that time). But the game was really addictive online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping that Evolutions is not being held back so other ports can be worked on and released simultaneously.

I'm not talking about Evolution at all. I'm talking about the historical precedence we have throughout the industry.

I don't think Ubisoft has a tendency to buy dev houses only to shut them down 2-3 years later. They seem pretty stable in that regard.

I'm hoping that Evolutions is not being held back so other ports can be worked on and released simultaneously.
This announcement doesn't affect Trials Evolution launch schedule at all. It will be released as planned. No worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back