Sony Press Conference 2011

I don't mind paying for a 3g subscription , however the 3g device normaly costs less than the wifi verison considering the monthly fee.

Yea, im assuming thats the just the standalone RRP (if you already had an AT&T 3g data package and wanted to buy outside of a new contract) same as you have with phones when you get a contract not what you actually pay. If it is how you say then it is indeed a bit backwards.

I thought it was pretty fantastic. They just had way too much to show, but committed to 90 minutes and mostly playable stuff. The NGP is really doing everything right! The Move stuff could have been a little stronger, but was still pretty good and the Zyndagi game's responsiveness was such a delight after all that Kinect stuff. Definitely a lot of good things coming. September for LBP Move was a bit dissappointing but at least it is both content creation and gameplay, and LBP for Vita already gave a good hint on how well that works. Track creation for ModNation was also great, good show of why I think it should get a modern Populous. Uncharted looks fantastic on both systems. I think Vita is going to be a much bigger success than people expect. And Sony will still have plenty to show at the European and Asian shows.

Yea, im assuming thats the just the standalone RRP (if you already had an AT&T 3g data package and wanted to buy outside of a new contract) same as you have with phones when you get a contract not what you actually pay. If it is how you say then it is indeed a bit backwards.

well in this case since its AT&T i will prob get the wifi verison and tether it to my phone plan (if i was to buy one)

I really don't know why everyone keeps going with at&t for service , they have to be one of the worse ones

I can't help but think that new portable hardware is just going to ... fail. Unless it's a tablet form. 10" or so... and made by a fruit company.

Great PS Vita pricing and game offering.
Great Uncharted 3 showing.
Great Resistance 3 showing.
Good amount of exclusive games (even one with PS3/PC cross-platform play.
Great S3D TV/game package offering for $499.

Two more major gaming events to go!

Err,,,what exactly did Zindagi games show? New game?
and, if I am getting it right, R, Infamous2,LBP2, Mod nation, Bioshock will support Move ! is that right?

Uncharted 3 was absolutely amazing.
$250 for wifi version is a sweet spot imo.
I'm interested in the 3DTV now.

Can't wait for Nintendo tomorrow!

Meh. . .no PS3 os updates - what about better media support? How about a decent media player? An updated web browser? Cloud integration that is actually worth paying for PSN+? How about the death of locked saves? How about fixing the store to include patches with downloads? The "welcome back" freebies should have made it obvious how broken Sony's patch system is to everyone downloading SDHD (260MB download + 260MB patch?) I am punished for having two PS3s (can't even copy a download from machine to the other, I have burn up my UBB allottment to do so). How about making the OS actually responsive (cache the bloody icons already)?

Their conference was basically games we already know about plus too much about a who cares handheld doomed in a market that only cares about phones and tablets.

I expect Nintendo to wipe the floor with both MS and Sony tomorrow which seems bizarro world.

IMHO of course.

Cheers

Are there any good links to UC3 footage as either:

1) All the videos I've seen are poor quality or
2) I'm over selling UC2 in my mind (I remember being awe struck).

^Probably a little of both.
UC2 is still an amazing looking game and you can only do so much with dated hardware.

I was still impressed with the footage, but I doubt we'll see as much of a visual leap like we did from UDF to UC2.

^Probably a little of both.
UC2 is still an amazing looking game and you can only do so much with dated hardware.

I was still impressed with the footage, but I doubt we'll see a visual leap like we did from UDF to UC2.

Looks like the same great gameplay / pacing etc which was what I was really impressed with. just trying to remember what I thought of the videos of UC2 before it came out.

The vita looks great, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to wind the clock back to the kind of market the DS lite built.

That said, if they have the kind of DLNA player functionality the PS3 has, with that screen, at that price, I'd get one just to use as a multi-room video player.

Seems like they kinda left the 3rd party to their selves. I expect square-enix will have their own bash sometime during the week.

The key Japanese titles are no show this E3 (FFXIII*, Last Guardian). I remember there was a chatter on GT5 but it's not shown too. I was hoping to see Dark Souls on stage, but they are not showcased too. 8^(

Oh ! I just woke up! I had watched the MS conference.
So,No New exclusives?
What about Sorcery and Last Gaurdian?
Any new Move games?

Both Sorcery and Last Guardian are quiet.
New exclusives: Sly Cooper, Dust

Move titles: NBA 2K ? Bioshock Infinite, R3, that Medieval game (fom Zindagi), LBP2

You should go look at the Uncharted 3 "boat" gameplay video.

Yeah probably nothing on that front until PS4.

Nah... we still have a few years to go. They didn't show Vita community services this E3 also. Near and othe apps were mentioned briefly the last time but not demo'ed in detail. We will likely hear more next time.

Playstation Suite is also not fully disclosed so far.

The vita looks great, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to wind the clock back to the kind of market the DS lite built.

That said, if they have the kind of DLNA player functionality the PS3 has, with that screen, at that price, I'd get one just to use as a multi-room video player.

If it's just a video player, I am considering Sony's S1 and S2 devices. They have larger screen(s).

Vita should be cheaper though.

Back